Considering a position with Alk

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

whats the allowance? Same for sales leadership and Market Access?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ALK allergy? Good luck with the grastek and ragwitek if that's what you'd be selling. Merck dumped it and it never took off in the US, and yet somehow they think internists will write it to save the day! Uh no. Would not join whatevercontract they're doing now for this, you'd be set up for failure.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well first, yes Alkermes is "Big Pharma" first clue is they are not a "Biotech" company they refer to themselves as a "BioPharma" co. Some managers are way better then others. I will say after 20 years in this industry all of the bigger companies are alike. You have a lot of people in higher positions that you will wonder WTF? There is a vast majority of people in corp from BIG Pharma therefore your being treated and ruled like BIGPHARMA. Bottom line is its a job. It pays the bills & gives basic benefits;could some benefits be better, yes. I think there are a few people that know what the heck their doing and a way lot more that have no clue. Common sense seems to be lacking at top levels. If you want a true Biotech company you will have to look for a small start up that hasn't been bought up yet otherwise it is what it is. Sales goals are consistently intolerably late in coming out. You can NEVER trust current updates to your sales until you receive your email stating what your being paid out on. You will find if you have a manager that will FIGHT for you, you will keep the rxs that are in your territory otherwise its a free for all & reps from other states will take them. That part I seriously do not understand even when you produce a print out from the pharmacy that lisst the exact provider , address, & dosage unless your manager FIGHTs for you, you will TOTALLY be screwed! So if you go into with mind set you may or may not get paid for what you may or may not have produced and do not mind having utterly no clue what you goal is until 2-3 weeks before the quarter ends you will be fine. My advise garner the best possible base you can get totally ignore what your being told you can earn for bonus. Good Luck!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is SPOT ON! SPOT ON

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep if you have a manager that will work for you..good luck.
    Otherwise, they will just distribute to their favorites! It's a horrible system and unfair. If management likes you, you get the scripts. If not, your screwed!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wish I could recommend Alkermes, but you need to be aware:

1) Account management consists of losers who were kicked/chased/fired for incompetence
    2) Medical Affairs is run by an idiotic egomaniac
    3) Don't count on ANY reimbursement for products--you will fight like hell for EVERY patient

If you really want all of that, go for it. I have better things to do, like moving to device and not looking at the horrible CEO and his incompetent flying simians.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is so true. Even if your manager does fight for you it's tough to work so hard for every carton only to not get credit for all of them. It's frustrating when a customer tells you that they used your product and you are not getting credit for it.

Hopefully it changes soon and I start to see more credit for the business that I am producing

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I cannot believe that ALK is moving forward with Grastek and Ragwitek. After analysts estimated grass tablets at a billion dollar industry and a billion investment, Grastek and Greer's Oralair are struggling to hit $10 million in sales. And ALK thinks they're better than Merck with their 20 know-nothing fluff reps with clueless sales leadership? Who makes these decisions?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has the culture at ALK improved after they lost over 50% of the original hires for Odactra?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong board! This is ALKS, not ALK.