Considering applying for derm please provide insight

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by anonymous, Aug 16, 2015 at 9:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DO NOT say the chess club or God Forbid the band

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking more in generalizations, for example mostly STAR type questions, or mostly odd questions like above with some STAR questions, or half and half. It seems there is a different style used, just trying to figure out how much different. any honest feedback is appreciated

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First interview will be all about your resume. No brag book or past reviews - just your resume. Please do some research and talk with a dermatologist that you can connect with. No retail pharmacy interactions just specialty pharmacy which is a whole different thing than retail and your interaction with them and your offices is critical to your success (so find out who the derms in your territory use). Step edits are required with this drug and you'll have samples to disperse. You will also be force stack ranked which is a HUGE deal and one you need to seriously consider before even wasting your time. Your territory needs to be full of volume potential and you need to be able to have access to these providers - real access in order to truly be successful. Be ready for the NW DM to have ZERO personality - if you get a smile or any positive vibe ... You'll be lucky. Good luck!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hugely helpful overview. Thank you

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whats with the DC territory? Hows the market and what happened to the last rep?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This territory, like others in NW, NE and other geographies are at a huge disadvantage compared to other high volume areas which they are stacked ranked. The other poster responded accurately, so I won't elaborate. It doesn't matter what talent you bring to the table in some of the areas. You'll never be able compete, will make little to no bonus, and end of year evaluations will result in minimal equity and pay raise. The reps that are making huge bonus and equity awards are in territories with huge volume that run themselves. If you end up working for Celgene, extend your hand and have a conversation with some of our "top performers", and you'll be amazed at the lack of brains by some. Point made. If you're ok with this type of leadership philosophy, feel free to go all in to pursue. If you have issues with leadership that completely recognizes and refuses to address the GIANT pink elephant in the room, fails to deploy another approach, and honestly believes that the best reps are bringing in the volume, then come here. If you don't think you can survive under these antiquated conditions, don't plan on having a relationship with upper level management unless they choose you, and accept limited to no possibility for career development, upward mobility, etc..then yes, please come here. This is as honest as it gets. I've seen some incredibly smart and talented people proactively leave and/or be driven out prematurely because they had a shit territory. This will never change.
    Good luck to you.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you explain that some of the top performing territories have no coverage at all? Every single life in my geography is double step edited. I don't have a single life that isn't. Yet I'm in the top 15%. I have less than 45 total customers.

I am so glad that you are ranked against me.

I have higher volume because I built it. I don't buy into all the game. I just go see the people I can see over and over and over and I've convinced them to write a shit load of Otezla every day.

Pussy

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, ok there overly hormonally driven, frat boy.. I am also doing well.. in the top 10%, dumb ass. I don't discount the fact that it can be done. What I am eluding to are the territories that have literally 10-15 docs, at most that they can see once in a great while. If you have 45 that you can actually see and target, your an anomaly and naturally your chances of performing are better. I am responding to the overall, lack of leveling the playing field that is pervasive in our division. Let's recognize and call a spade a spade. Before you beat your chest and call someone a pussy, maybe you should understand what you've responded to. Although you've validated my point, thank you. Even the least brightest can perform in a well populated territory. You're a prime example..

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hey dumb fuck-elude means to avoid-I think you mean allude-and you are dishonest-there are no territories with 10-15 docs-try again puss

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes, allude.. thanks for correcting my typo, genius.. it's clear that you've eluded the topic of logic.. you're math is fuzzy as well. I'd rather not delude any potential candidate by providing an inaccurate picture of what's clearly going on in our division..

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this response cracks me up. News flash 99% of plans have double step, so again top performers don't have some magic key to getting these Rx's through. It all depends on the various pharmacies being used, number of targets and volume in given territory, not to mention the data is beyond flawed!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Solid points up above!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's starting base here's n is it negotiable? What's the commission like in the midatlanic region?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This division is considered "primary care" so don't think you'll be getting a base any higher than 90-100. Also,because you will be force stack ranked against others - depending on volume potential, access, and specialty pharmacies - you could have a difficult territory compared to someone else resulting in terrible bonuses and horrible rank. Research the territory you're interviewing for - how much volume potential do you have - whats the access like to those providers, what specialty pharmacy are they using - you'll want to know these things up front. If it's not good - bail! Remember you're force stack ranked!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very accurate.. you can be a rock star and get stuck with shit.. we've seen some pretty smart and talented people get f***ed over by a lopsided system and railroaded out or quit early.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have never been at a company that did not force rank reps. That is standard practice.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some do and some do not. Maybe initially, but good companies will inevitably balance and establish an equitable system. That doesn't exist here

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are there so many openings for Derm Specialty positions?! What's up with this