Considering Taking a "Home Office" Role in Boston...

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by anonymous, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

... What's the real deal with the culture of the commercial team? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Alexion. Just curious what the anonymous folks on here are willing to share.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neurology side is amazing. Great people great culture. They only hiring top notch people.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Super good company. Great future with Soliris and soon 1210. I’m very happy here. Great benefits, great salary, I’ve been here a few years and love every minute.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What they said. Totally agree. Excellent company. Love my career here at Alexion

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bunch of shills above. Culture is bad with many people quitting. Survey results were horrible, and after many months, still not addressed. Luddy has his head in the sand; literally said recently that Alexion is on track to be the best place to work in the business. Must be able to buy the really good stuff with the 130,000 shares recently granted.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So...when you close down an office in tumbleweed Connecticut to open in the heart of Biotechnology country in Boston, you’re gonna have “bitter” people who go on and on about how much the culture stinks and how “Luddy sucks”

At the end of the day Luddy has a brain, because no serious Biotech can survive in New Haven. It’s actually a joke. All the good talent is in Massachusetts.

So with that being said, Alexion is awesome if you are able to separate your personal emotion from the move announcement. I love It here also, and have chosen to relocate to Boston.

Great place. Great company. Great people.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Luddy is leading Alexion to #1 Culture survey show him as very favorable in leadership abilitys.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have been struggling hard to fill Boston jobs because people don't want to work for ALXN. Chaos, no pipeline, falling stock.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I cant Speak for home office, i am in the field, but I too love it here and am very glad to be a part of the newly expanded Neurology team. Happy I joined

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love my job at Alexion. Hope that helps!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of the negatives are probably coming from the miserables left over in New Haven, who will be out in a few years anyway. That being said, the other parts of Alexion are great! Pay, comp, benefits, and yes; the stock is low now, but if looking to start at Alexion, now would be the time to get in!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

great company. Very happy in my home office role. Fair, great pay, great benes, can’t go wrong.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love Alexion. Will never leave.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tumbleweed Connecticut lol. Sure, based right next to tumbleweed Yale...like they're ever going to be known for anything. For those that are too dumb to know better or too ignorant to care...just curious, where do you think Soliris was originally developed....hmmm. Alexion is a stock based public corporation. The product is irrelevant to investors. If we were selling Kool-aid it wouldn't really matter to them. The issue the company has is that it has lost the trust of the investment community, and that isn't going to change with the current leadership. Look for a buy-out, sale, or takeover within the next 24 months.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah yeah yeah. Maybe we should follow your stupid advice for a buyout for the next “12 years”. Why stop at 24 months. You’re an idiot if you think Massachusetts isn’t a better place to run your PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY over New Haven tumbleweed Ct. Alexion is awesome and your just an bitter ex employee. Good day.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL...not bitter and not an ex but thanks. Why do surveys if you won't accept the results? Thousands of people said the exact opposite of the BS you're preaching here. If somebody said 2 years ago that the entire executive team would be replaced, 800 people would be laid off, and the company would be relocating...you'd think that person was crazy too. Funny how things work though.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well this is mostly the same person, we know you love Alexion Chris thanks.
    Now go drink yourself into passing out, it is what you do best. Hard to believe the company keeps a VP who has so many drunk questionable transgressions.
    If the OP is serious the company is fine, do your diligence. The company is built on one drug with multiple indications. No pipeline to speak of that is public, 1210 is an extension of ecu. When the competition comes, the the market for a $500,000.00 drug will shrink. Insurance will demand patients fail a less expensive therapy first. But the best advice is to not use Cafepharma to make decisions about your future.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This has got to be the dumbest post in a while. Because Yale is in New Haven all of a sudden it's not in the middle of bumble fuck? As a reminder Harvard is in Cambridge... another Ivy League university. Don't forget MIT is in Cambridge too. Hanover NH must not be tumbleweed because Dartmouth is there right? The fact that Yale is in New Haven doesn't mean its not a far less desirable location compared to Cambridge. CT doesn't even have a pro sports team. Pathetic

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Black

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the geography lesson lol. It's ok that you represent the 10% of employees that are happy. It's also ok that the other 90% disagree. Now I need to get back to watching the stock plummet...I guess all of the investors must be wrong too.