Considering working for Medtronic..

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Feb 3, 2006 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not resurrect posts, for decent reasons. I will jump right back into this post from a year ago, just to say that Medtronic is an excellent company to work for. I work in sales for CRDM, and have for over 5 years. I am extremely happy with my position and do not plan to leave, barring an incredible offer sometime down the road.

It really is clear that those people worked in DM, and sad that the division is so far from the rest of Medtronic.

MDT is an excellent company to work for with great values and compensation, and I personally know a few of the executives, and wouldn't want anyone else running the company.

As a side note, get something better to do than mock people for "resurrecting" threads. Probably the first person to post on a new thread saying "this has already been talked about, stop being lazy and look it up". While offering no help in finding thafformentioned thread.

Forgive the brevity, sent from my iPhone.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true CRDM over entitled pompous ass.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd suggest you go to the Guidant board and ask over there what the working conditions are like.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Except now they call it Boston scientific. However, it might be called the J&J board by the time this thread is resurrected again.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What divisions are best and worst?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neuromod
    Spine
    ENT
    Heart

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be more specific, DBS and Pain in the Neuromod division are good. Management seems to "get it".

On the other hand, Interstim is being run by clueless twits. Stay away from it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree with this post. I'm in the pain division and know a bunch of guys in both DBS and Interstim. Interstim seems to be the only division with strong implant growth each year, esp with new implants. DBS relies more on replacement business since their new implants growth is weak. From what I hear, some territories have more than 50% of their business off replacements. Scary. Pain sucks and I'm not alone thinking that. I'd go to Interstim in a heartbeat. Sure they have their challenges, what business doesn't? I hear the issue at interstim is too much loading and hard for implant growth to compete with aggressive aop. Also hearing to colo-rectal docs are picking up with new indication. I would run toward it instead of staying away.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about ENT & Heart? Good sectors?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so accurate. They are clueless.

Good rep for 2 or so years, pop, manager now. Load some shelves and get moved up and pretend your a good manager.

Politics is everything.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come walk a mile in my Pain Shoes and then let me know how well you think they seem to get it. It just all depends on the year, the aop and market conditions. But we have our own set if clowns just like the rest.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please elaborate for those in DBS-a bit more about this position? I'd love to hear your insight? Is it a good division? Product well received? Are neuros your main focus? Thanks, in advance.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is advanced energy like? Also, what is the commission rate for MDT?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What specifically are you wanting to know about advanced energy comp? What role? Pretty solid division.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for an extended care account rep position dealing with LTACS and Hospice companies. How is the turnover in that area of Medtronic?