Convatec

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Sep 26, 2005 at 8:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really get a kick out of the messages we're getting about the one year anniversary of our dismissal by BMS. Our deceitful leaders make it seem as if divestiture was a good thing. Well, it wasn't, it was tragic. You're no longer in a very, VERY good pension plan, you no longer have the Politically Correct protection of BMS (all bets are off and the brutality shown to us by management is awful as well, as the reduction in pay due to fantasy quotas, no merit increases, planning and canning people at unprecedented rates, demeaning, psychotic micro-managing, and YES, age discrimination.). We now work for Concentration Camp Convatec, nothing to celebrate, just a new world of lamentations and misery. And yes, I'm leaving, too, before I get summoned for additional torture by my own sub-commandant (aka stupidly sadistic RSM). For me, August 1, 2008 will always be a day of mourning.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the perception and demand for convatech products today

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you this much about the company they have good products but the company is headed down the crapper quickly. I came to them a little over a year ago and was just downsized from the company. The management is pathetic and has no vision for the future and cannot lead. I came from OR sales to this position what a mistake and now I am paying the price but shall overcome I am better than ConvaTec is and will ever be. As for service it is going to become even worse because now they have fewer reps covering even larger areas (the areas were already too large) along with calling on LTC, Home Health and Acute.

The company demands you make numbers but are constantly having write downs and not changing sales numbers and even worse they cannot keep products in stock opening the door wide open for Medline and others. Stay the heck away from this company they are past their prime. Two years ago not one rep made commission dollars and this past year very few did and the company gave zero raises. Far better companies to work for out there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen...Poster is on the money. Most of the management staff are inbred, incompetent and clueless. They're getting this dog and pony show ready for sale. THEY COULDN'T GIVE A CRAP about their employess. The one good thing that will come from the sale of Convatec is that the unemployable management team will become unemployed. I have NEVER wished that anyone becomes unemployed UNTIL NOW. These people looked us right in our faces and said no more layoffs until they layed us off a few weeks later. I look forward to seeing the same thing happen to them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I know you--where was your territory? I got out a little before you and am loving my new sales career with a ConvaTec competitor. good luck my friend, stay positive and you will put the Convatec nightmare behind you quickly. BTW, did they give you a severance? Perhaps one week knowing how scummy they are since BMS sold them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Univeristy of Phoenix MBA graduates run the hell hole. I think the rest of the Skillman team is to busy taking their online courses all day to get their Phoenix MBA that they do not have time to manage the ComvaTec business. HR should run an audit of online time at the Phoenix MBA website, and fire the bastards who spend the most time study instead of working. How many Phoenix grads does Ethicon have? Did you see the Phoenix TV commercial the other night with the ConvaTec grad they profiled as a Phoenix grad. It was classic.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The former head of marketing, TB, is who started this company down the hell hole it has become. He was incompetent and clueless, and was a real college grad. Not the college, it's the person...and he was an ahole.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way. He has Bracco Diagnostics #1 in share, now that he is VP of marketing there. It was not TB.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! Nice try, TB, but everyone knows you are a total screw up. If true, Bracco won't be #1 for long. When TB took over at the CON, we were #1 in wound care, and look where we ended up. If you work for Bracco, be prepared for the PAIN to come

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it wasnt TB they never gave the poor man any new products he had to peddle Aloe Vesta to make his # and was force to run duoderm promotion. his heart was in the right place. now lay off of TB

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TB you make a great point

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TB was a great marketing professional. We went downhill when he left the company. Steady decline in income and share.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are now 2 1/2 years post BMS dismissal. How do you like it so far.......?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, nice try Terry, but you have no valid point. Marketing was inept and non existant. YOU ran sales, sales did not run marketing. No direction, constant lies and backorders. What pens shall we give away for marketing...that was your big decision. Lets face it, when you took over marketing, everything fell apart. Your "team" was a bunch of dolts that couldn't come up with an idea to save their lives (and most if not all, as yourself, were ultimately fired). What new products should we look at for acquisition...hmmm, the squeeze irrigation bottle was a classic. I had to bit my lip in that meeting to keep from laughing in your face....and you really wanted it. Your heart was in the right place?...too bad your infintile mind couldn't keep up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the point is Global Marketing did not provide the R&D pipeline of products we needed in the US. dont you get it. we need products to market. we had nothing to market. we were banging our heads against a wall trying to come up with ways to grow the U.S. business while contracts were eroding price. Bad situation to be a leader in.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And, Terry, how can you defend the utter and abyssal launch and performance of Versiva XC? One of the worst dressings ever unleased in this industry. How many TMs needlessly suffered horrific RSM abuses trying to sell this piece of crap? Great marketing job with this one, Terry!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the purple balloons were a hit they delivered to my girlfriend for the launch

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VALID POINT

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Purple Balloons--I forgot about that hilarity. Was that the precursor to the VXC launch. Who was the marketing underling who sent those out? I remember she was canned a few months after I threw away the balloons. Purple jelly beans, too! What was this idiot's name again, though I'm sure the purple balloons were Terry's edict? Wasn't this gal a belly dancer when she wasn't screwing up her marketing role??

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chondra