Corona Commissions

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Apr 1, 2020 at 12:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you serious? What flavor GOP Kool aid are you drinking? While Dems are definitely NOT faultless in all of this, Trump and some Republican politicians initially downplayed the threat, said it would go away like a miracle (15 to 0 cases) and recommended going out to restaurants (Nunes)... It's all on tape. Delay and inaction has caused unnecessary hardships and deaths.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Mako really hurting the company that bad?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol mako is the present and the future. No doubt about it. Penetration has increased exponentially in markets where the robot has been introduced, you’d have to be as blind as the Wuhan bat not to see it. This guy’s just pissed because he can’t get Mako certified...nearly 40% of JR reps fail the total knee training.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never mind the over $1B initial investment. The cost to run Mako is greater than the gain associated with Mako. It has yet to be net positive and is no where close to paying off the acquisition. If the present is about losing money and the future is about losing money then this is the wrong company to work for. If the company wasn’t hemorrhaging cash on this deal you wouldn’t be seeing all these commission cuts and sales model changes. Mako does work and maybe one day it will make money. Over 5 years into it and it has yet to be an impressive business.
    Also did you ever consider that there are JR reps out there that actually prefer to sell shit for a living rather than clicking buttons on the computer? No chance I’d want to pass mako certification if I’m a salesperson.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's cute how you all think that, as soon as elective cases are happening again, hospitals are just going to throw open the doors and let reps back in the building again. Let alone on day 1. I'd predict it's months before anyone not "required" to be in the hospitals are allowed back in. And I sure as hell hope your leaders realize that.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It would be incredible if I didn’t have to go back into the hospitals and still get paid for product sold. I look forward to the day it gets back to the way it was 20 years ago.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Happy 4:20 quarantine you heathens. Celebrate in style

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yea who would want to pass a certification that makes them a dual threat? super smart. fact of the matter is, mako isn’t going anywhere but up. so keep saying they’re pushing buttons on a computer while you open boxes. which do you think is more valuable?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about the IP that Stryker got with the deal ... not just Mako
    Pipeline

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once segmentation is automated and handheld controls enters the picture you think the guy pushing the robot into the field will be more valuable than the person placing the products/systems?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which Pipeline IP? 3D printing? Every company is 3D printing implants right now.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

please tell me who ...Zimmer?
    S&N?
    DePuy ?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are no fewer than 20 companies worldwide that are selling 3D printed implants for Orthopaedics and Spine.

Stryker was 3D printing before the Pipeline acquisition. There is minimal value to the IP there.

Zimmer Biomet OsseoTi
    Smith and Nephew Redapt cup
    Depuy 3D printed cup coming soon
    Lima Trabecular Titanium
    Exactech Equinoxe stemless shoulder and Truliant knee. Pretty sure they have a 3D printed cup available as well.

There is nothing miraculous about what Pipeline was doing with PST.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Literally everyone, if you don’t know that then your nose is way too far up Cohens rear end.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really sounds like that rep didn’t pass certification for the Mako LOL

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The mako team is a ghost of What it was and who is left currently. Everyone left for better gigs.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mako team is the most arrogant collective group in Orthopedics. Who was Mako before Stryker bought them? Yet the same people that made Stryker the company it is through the 2000’s in the face of recall after recall will be replaced by entitled Mako case coverage people who haven’t sold a thing. Stiles, Panos and that other midget whose name I don’t even remember can go back to their 90% market share selling drills and Neptune’s, recon and trauma are toast.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above nailed it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anybody out there seeing a resumption/increase in electives this / next week?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never really stopped doing electives where I live but come may 1st it’s back to normal with full Surgury schedules. Got 22 totals booked for may so far.