Corona virus-time off

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's a ridiculous assumption.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know several other companies that have conference calls & admin schedules during this time. I agree.... It's not fun but trust me it's not just Amgen.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Day 5: completed, still getting paid. On a couple of worthless calls of blah blah blah. These half twits that think sending emails and attempting to schedule virtual calls with our customers are complete idiots. One customer who is a good friend of mine said she has received 1500 emails from industry this week. Can you imagine?! We are shooting ourselves in the foot!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It depends upon your manager. My manager is nuts and has us on calls most of the day. Other managers are far more sensitive to what is actually going on and are somewhat leaving their reps alone except for perhaps one or two calls.

I'd much rather be in the field that be on calls and crap and bs all day long I've spoken to reps at other companies and they are not on as many calls as I am other reps within Amgen are also not doing worthless nonsense if their manager has a life and is concerned about his or her family. I don't even have time to get food as she's making us do busy work all day withscheules.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your manager is a typical pharma asshole trying to impress the next idiot up the line. Pharma is full of people like this! Take what time or have and start looking elsewhere.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the average Amgen employee, this isn't that different from a regular day. When you have 4DX conference calls all day long, all week long and an IC plan that doesn't differentiate, you are used to focusing on the activity measurements that count, not sales. For the Otezla reps, the Cosentyx reps, the Rinvoq reps it has to be hurtful to stay home.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can they please realize we are home schooling our M’fing bored, ass crying children, fighting and delivering grocery’s for our elderly parents, and checking on friends and neighbors. If you are doing this right, you are maxed out w/o these worthless, ridiculous conference calls. Give it a rest, optimistically June is our earliest date to be back in offices.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Amgen needs to slow down. Beginning Monday of last week we had call after call. We are all trying to figure this out, get groceries for parents who are elderly, make sure they have the supplies they need, tend to kids at home who have nowhere to go and survive ourselves. . Amgen needs to be sensitive to everything going on around us. These times are very uncertain and my idiot manager needs to give it a rest and realize she/he doesn't need to continue to try to impress her RSD with her schedules of what we are going to do on our "time off" and how we are going to make her/him look good. Other companies are having calls of course, but it didn't start rapid fire day 1. I have aging parents, kids at home and need to get organized. I don't expect to be paid for doing nothing but we all have other concerns other than high impact questions and bothering physicians. Physicians are concerned for their own health and safety and their families and having reps contacat them is just ridiculous. And then they want us to detail them using some visual aid on our computer. A mgen give it a rest for now. Have some EQ and realize it's not all abouty you and your sales numbers. This company acts like they do the right thing and they are not. This is something we have never seen before and probably never will see again. We need to her cognizant of what's going on around us . I'm trying to take care of children and parents. I can't send them to daycare.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You get paid to work. If you don't like it, you can take vacation or quit.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately Covid 19 social distancing and effects by the disease will shut down things for several months. I hope we still have jobs when this is all said and done.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pro-tip: When conference calls are useless, it means you can do something else while you're listening. Most of the management have kids and parents too, so they should understand .

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Praise the lord for mute, my house has never been cleaner, getting low on vac bags tho.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The DMs and Regionals are just trying to justifying their jobs and aren’t listening to the their reps (no big surprise there...they never and most likely never will). F’em!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are right, absolutely right....but it’s the same story everywhere else. I work at Otsuka, and we have the same issue. The world is run by assholes.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both are attractive options. Dying from this virus might be better than working for this would sucking company actually. Severance check will be nice to have to help out with the funeral costs though.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to the Otsuka board. #UNDERACHIEVER

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are absolute right but Amgen stopped caring about humanity several years ago. Just look at the folks they put in charge of managing people.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember that we ALL HAVE A FRIEND IN JESUS!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey at least Harvey Weinstein got the virus. This should provide some hope to the world

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Yes, all companies are having calls. The reps I've been talking to have had far fewer calls than I have. IT's complete horshit,

This is not about calling customers and trying to do virtual detailing on products that re not in launch mode. Yes, we need to make sure they have everything they need as far as samples, copay cards, etc. but calling them and bothering them and trying to do ridiculous busywork so these RSD's and DM's feel as if they can justify their job through us is wrong.

Amgen didn't do the right things. THey started this craziness day one.