Cost cuts are coming for Allergan, CEO Brent Saunders says

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Nov 3, 2017 at 5:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure how you interpret my questions as negative as much as they are seeking commentary from someone in the field selling. Just for your information- I worked in R&D Irvine for a long time till the Actavis buyout. Had I been negative, I would never have made it there as long as I did. I imagine AGN's reputation goes along way when it comes to competition out there but there must be more than that. Oh and there is going to be competition. Your head must be in the sand if you dont see this coming!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your comments. I probably did misinterpret your text. I feel like we are in pretty good shape when it comes to competition. The issue is getting through the FDA. It is hard. I think that is why BS chooses to purchase drugs rather than spend the cash on R&D. Anyway for now we are good on competition. Compounding cyclosporine is not going to touch us. Happy Holidays.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The answer is that you don't or at least not in the US. A generic Restasis has not been approved yet. When/if one is approved, it will take several months to a year or two for the sales to drop from the current levels to much lower (<20% of current). You can try and stave off the generics with marketing by increasing awareness of the disease to grow market share overall, exploit differences between the generic and brand to get Doctors to prescribe/patients to request the brand, etc. In the end though, it comes down to money and the insurance companies will not pay for brand if a generic is available.

The patent in the US doesn't necessarily impact patents in the rest of the world so there is opportunity to continue to grow the brand outside of the US.

Allergan is good at maximizing the brand using all of these strategies. Obviously, it is in the companies best interest to hold off generics as long as possible hence the efforts to maintain the patents and to educate the FDA on the unique attributes of the Restasis product.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The MD bottle definitely is a unique attribute. We are too good at what we do to not grow Restasis again and again. I agree.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow it was refreshing to read a few honest comments with no snark or insults. I applaud you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it's bullsit! I check this site for name calling and insults.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Predicting losses is premature. We will win the appeal. Don’t be stupid.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We grew Restasis last year because the market grew due to a new entry to the market that made a ton of noise. Quit fooling yourself. It was a fun ride, but its time to get off.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We grew Restasis because we worked hard and the forethought of the MD bottle by BS. No other reason.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is debatable

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It shows you how stupid management is. Go to LinkedIn and search Allergan sales rep. 90% of the reps are young attractive women. I’m guessing half if not more, wouldn’t know how to draw the active drug in what they’re selling if you even showed them. They couldn’t sell a pen to a writer! AGN hires these idiot women to turn heads in docs offices but the reality is docs want valuable information and most docs could care less about these pretty faces. They want “knowledgeable sales folks in their offices if they are going to use up their time. Even the DM’s have told me they can’t believe half the crap these bimbos talk about in offices when they go on ride alongs. Total waste of money on the chicks. Fire all of them and you’ll sell a lot more drug.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whateve. You are stalking us. You must want to work here!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumor has it that layoffs are coming this week or next. Buckle up kiddos...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop starting rumors!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're arguing over starting rumors? Layoffs are coming, it just a matter of the timing. Who cares if it's next week or January? Same difference.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "rumor" came from an SVP so I'm just being nice by calling it a rumor.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop getting people worked up during the holidays!!!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Peace & Goodwill to all.

It feels like the promised quick cuts were all a smokescreen. If they had been quick he'd have done it by now.
    Usual BS, no plan B. Mohawk deal went wrong, Just like Pfizer deal, all eggs were placed in one basket.
    Any stock benefit of cuts is now already lost. The wolves must be circling, if he doesn't act soon the next cut will be BS!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plan B...the appeal. We win. The end.