COVIDIEN-NEW VENTILATOR

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get what PAV claims have been unsupported and the off label allegations.
    Does it really matter since I guess PAV is not that much prescribed anyway acc to my experience as an RT?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I know where they r coming from. *Company has 0 data to support claim that PAV gets patients off vent sooner nd reps tell customers regularly it does at direction of leadership. * *

If hospitals want and need to get patients off vent sooner because ventilation is a loss leader, reimbursed under a DRG, we tell them PAV does get patients off vent sooner, they buy the PB840/PB980 because of it , bill Medicare and Medicaid, it could very well constitute fraud on a fairly major scale. *

Supposedly 980 approval could happen any time. *

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What actually happened to the non-invasive PAV option supposed to be part of the new 980?
    Was it one of the stalled features that will come in 2.0?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeppers

if I was Draeger Maquet or Hamilton rep, everyone else is nonissue, Id be hitting the NICU & PICU at every facility in the US right now and offering stupid deals to shut PB out for the forseeable future before the 980 510k is approved

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes you wonder if the DOJ has ppl wearing wires in the office like they did for that case where Wyeth and JnJ were fined $2.2 billion. Maybe the white noise generators in Boulder interfere with that. By design if true? I think yes.

Any day on the 980, then we face a nearly impossible battle to sell a pretty ventilator that isnt much different clinically than the 840. Yay! Version 2 should be nice but by the time its done, competition will have launched 2 new vents.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALL - GD 2 knw -wll def hold off 980. Covid nt a Qlty house... Lk @ 840 recll - we knw we had prblms - bnch LIARS!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No clinicals, no evidence-based data to back up fancy Mktg claims = no sales. 980 is a pretty vent, but we're scared when we hear all the technical and quality issues for something sooo big and expensive that all the others can do for less and with proven reliability... LOL - what is your leadership thinking??? Oh, and thanks for the show out in CB!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow... haven't looked back on this since I was part of the RIF in 2012. I remember being pissed about it because I was highly ranked but was still RIFd while they kept some morons in the game. Talk about a blessing in disguise. Have moved on to an amazing position.

All I can say is good luck to those of you that are still hanging in there. I'm in the same environment as you every day, except I speak with the C-Suite primarily, and they have an impending change that is uniform among almost all of them. The squeeze for quality metrics rather than quantity metrics is what reimbursement will be all about moving forward. The 980 will not fit in to that model of medicine.

Gone will be the days where any of your docs, let alone a RT or even RT admin can recommend or suggest what they wanna use. The 980 will do nothing if it ever gets out the door. I can see this whole division being dumped or dissolved in 12-24 months. I'd suggest those of you that are high performers to jump while you can.

I had hoped to come on here to see the 940 or now the 980 being close to launch so I can play some day trades on covidien, but doesn't look like that will even happen either. Best bet is to short this dog.

Good luck guys.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any1 else frm Carlsbad wnt 2 cmmnt? Mor the bttr! How abt all the bs w the 840?

Wndr if media rds thse brds or are even aware of them. Mayb thy need 2 b made awre.

How can a hlthcre cmpny with a Covidens missn sttemnt and corp values, engge in actvties like this?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess the 980 will get nickname Panama from now on. The Van Halen tune from 1984 could be a great asset in the marketing videos. How many patients were actually run before the nefarious beta test had to be aborted, and how could Covidien actually forget how to design a core piece like the exp block? The one in the 840 is still great considering it came out back in the 90s.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey idiot…there are vowels in the english language you know…or is that how you're concealing your identify? Fool.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha Ha Ha!!!! The call points and strategy you call out are what the company has been preaching for years! and you are just getting it now? Maybe that's why you were RIF'd?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And this is coming from the idiot that can't spell "identity"? What if they are a customer smart guy? Good job pissing them off. We're already losing them because of the 840, wait until the 980 hits the streets, even worse.

980 is a complete farce. Supposed to contribute $1 billion in revenue next 4-5 years. Not happening with its current form, features and price point. This new information on its development scares the shit out of me and I have zero faith selling it. Guess what I heard, the 980 was developed without any kind of cost target which is why we are not going to have much flexibility with pricing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now now folks, stop your bickering.

First one, it's sad to criticize someone based on spelling. Second on…if you have no faith in selling it, why stay employed by them?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I'm the idiot? If you're afraid that I am pissing a customer off about selling your vent, then you're the fool. That's evidently your job genius. Last I checked a ventilator cost us about $25-$30k. (Yes, I'm a customer). Thats them thinking they can sell close to 7,000 a year. I think you have your "facts" wrong.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PS…I'm guessing that YOU are, but better stated were, actually my PB rep. The rep that I told never to darken my office door again based on your incompetence.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because I am a sales rep first and foremost and 95-99% of us are motivated by money, just like the execs. I will get over it. Comp plan is looking pretty good so I will stick it out and cross my fingers no one I know will need a vent and if they do, I will have Hill Rom deliver a competitive vent to use instead of a PB vent.

Since the execs are setting such a sterling example for the rest of us, I and couple others have a tacit agreement to gather evidence over the next 12-24 months and file our own qui tam suit then retire.

You think these clowns in exec management would give a second thought to cutting you loose if the numbers came in bad? Loyalty has to be earned and covidiens bank account has a severe deficit.

I agree with other guy, the person getting defensive is not a customer, def a rep.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First and foremost, you're an idiot. How does the comp plan compare to last years? Is it really that much better? BTW, waiting 24 months to gather evidence for your qui tam while you sell a product that you claim you know has an issue would probably make you just as culpable. Perhaps you need to reevaluate your retirement plan.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry….I'm not in medical sales, but electronics. How does a person make money and stay employed if they aren't selling their product? I don't understand how you can be paid on a compensation plan if you don't sell anything? This sounds fishy.