COVIDIEN-NEW VENTILATOR

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is the price point? 35k$? Where is competition?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did change it up. Hard to type that way. You should look at the metrics mentioned in the post before you think its the competition. If you didn't know that info, then you're too low on the totem pole. Competition didn't have that info until, now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, so you're supposedly a current sales rep for them, and you are on here bashing them and saying that you will push customers to rent from Hill-ROM instead of buy from you, and keep your job for 12 - 24 months before you launch your Tet offensive. Thats just silly.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like 510k approval has happened today. Just saw the video, seems a few of the touted features are missing. I'm skeptically optimistic. I wonder how long until I can see it on a patient.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on haters…now that the the FDA has cleared it, lets hear more of your accusations and bravado. Go back into the hovels and homeless shelters you come from. Pathetic jealousy. Didn't Mommy and Daddy tell you that envy was one of the seven deadly sins? If I didn't know the post would never be accepted, I'd really let you know what I feel of you. And those of you who supposedly are currently employed by the division, show your face….be more than happy to put a fist down it and a boot up your ass. COWARDS. Now pull your pants up, get off those dirty websites and go try to sell your crap.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any specs or anything besides the commercial? The video doesn't really say anything meaningful. It actually looks exactly like an 840 with an improved touchscreen. Can it do one thing other vents arenet already doing? Seems PB is just playing catch up.

http://www.covidien.com/PB980

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks nothing like an 840. Screen appears completely different. It's what's on the inside that counts anyway. Gas delivery system, response time, etc. Catch up to what? Anyone but Drager is 8 to 10 years old. Even Hamilton is nothing but a Galileo in a different box. All the other manufacturers made design changes on their last generation. Those are the questions that need to be asked. On the bench, the 840 outperformed any machine on the market in terms of those aspects, which may or may not translate into improved outcomes. There's a lot to consider. Ease of use, alarm packages, service, support. It's not all about modes and bells and whistles. No one has the silver bullet study that shows one feature over another in terms of length of stay etc. Plus…they now have the newest vent on the market. want to buy a 10 year old platform? Or invest in one that is now poised for at least 10 - 15 years of longevity.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 840 can't compare to any of the 3 players in the market in terms of specs.

The 980 is the newest, yes, but it'll have kinks versus the other 3 are established and stable.

Ease of use is different than intuitive if you want to see what's easier have someone that's never seen either and see which one they can operate.

But your pitch must have been awe inspiring at your national sales meeting

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm impressed, definitely a big improvement over 840. I think it will sell well, however aesthetically it looks a lot like a Hamilton G5 but the GUI has a LOT of the features that drager V5000 already has, like waveform pause, hdmi, screen customization, standby etc. makes sense to emulate two best vents out there currently

Only time will tell how it performs.

No mention of capnography though. PB reps it's there right?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that the 980 is 510k approved, who has one in states? I heard john hopkins was first in line. Would love some feed back from customer or sales rep.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

John Hopkins?

" I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins. It was Johnny Hopkins, and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazin that shit up everyday"

LOL, sorry had to do it! This board needs a little humor

I would guess they would have someone close to Boulder or Carlsbad be first to receive them, however I've heard that no one in Canada has received them yet and it was approved there early January.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen genius fanboy, the FDA has awarded 510ks to hundreds of disastrous products, are you saying that Coviden is claiming the FDA is endorsing the 980s performance? Is Covidien claiming the FDA has tested the device and therefore is FDA approved?
    Congrats on giving the FDA the paperwork you wanted them to see and them saying you can market the device, now realize the last drops of Covidien reputation will ride on it. I personally would short the stock on this one.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who said Covidien is claiming the FDA "endorsed" the product? You're really a imbecile. Are you trying to bait people? Short the stock? Based on the quality and intellectual level of your comments how many shares can you afford? 3? , I'm not sure E*Trade accepts coupons from the WIC program. You're laughable.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Come on haters…now that the the FDA has cleared it, lets hear more of your accusations and bravado."
    Dumbass - this means zero zilch nada - you're the imbecile.
    Cleared, approved to market, whatever you title it-its an in basket rubber stamp unless you suck enough for it to take years.
    This got "cleared" to and with probably more scrutiny than the 9xx ever saw.
    Your stupid.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/26/health/zohydro-approval/

"A coalition of more than 40 health care, consumer and addiction treatment groups is urging the Food and Drug Administration to revoke approval of the prescription drug Zohydro."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great marketing material w natural breathing story, but some is copy n paste of NAVA material.
    Somebody mentioned the excessive mfg cost. Do you have more facts or maybe just a ballpark estimate?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that the vent has had 510k clearance in the us does anyone know when CE mark is likely. It wa supposed to be jan then feb 2014. Does anyone know when this might occur now as we need this in Australia . As we are no longer CE marking 840 if we don't get CE marking quickly we won't have any vents to sell

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CE marking received today.. TGA should be imminent

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What Covidien is releasing to the market under the pretense that the 980 is a safe, reliable life support device is a TRAVESTY, it's CRIMINAL, and I hope management enjoys the prison time along with Dennis Kozlowsky.

You heard it here first: the 980 will not make it to the one year mark before they will have to do another CLASS I RECALL only because they are forced to by the FDA to protect the public from serious injury or death.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was there injury from the recent 840 recall? Or was it more precautionary?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any patients hooked up to the 980 since it was FDA cleared or is it still not fit for clinical use?
    Simple, Smart and Safe!!!???