COVIDIEN-NEW VENTILATOR

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COVevil Platform-Beast 980 the future of respiratory care

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PB980, so b-a-a-a-a-a-d and buggy even the vets don't want it.

Great job JW. Leadership at its finest.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RMS execution at its finest. Roll out a promo then hold product for software glitch that should have been caught in testing. Classic. Former engineer made the call while back on company not following testing protocols like they shld. Proof in the puddin.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hearing stuff like that makes me thnk 980 last vent I want some1 on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good that JB is back from EU. Can temper the stupidity coming from the corner office, get business back on track. Why not throw him in the top spot? Decent guy, doesnt screw ppl over and has integrity.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First biannual "unscheduled" regularly scheduled RIF will arrive soon How is every1 feeling since 980 isnt moving and revenues are in the crapper?

Why isnt sr leadership evr on the list? I call shenanigans, we need a regime change

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Leadership" and I use term sarcastically here, has the constant attitude that "The maid did it." Meaning its the salesforce's fault. It can't possibly have anything to do with product, marketing, service, pricing, or strategy and tactics. They will always point to the one territory that did well after 10years and 3 reps not ever selling anything there-as the proof it has nothing to do with Boulder-everything to do with the lazy whiners in the field. That's why they constantly fire folks and replace them with new people to fire-that way it looks like they're trying to fix "it".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sick of leadership, tired of losing credibility with customers, disappointed in 980, feel like sold false bill of goods. What were we all waiting for? Are we surprised? Not trying to have a pity party but sounds like I'm not the only one.

Cmon JW thought his amazing business skills helped set revenue records when it was a flu pandemic.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is anyone surprised? Covidien has run PB into the ground. 980 isn't off to a great start.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone else growing tired of the "comparisons" coming from Covidien? They look legit but then I asked the other vendor and all he had to do was open his manual to show I was being mislead.

I know reps sell but this is taking it to a new level. Not sure what study if any from PB can be taken with a grain of salt?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Double - Triple - Quadruple in Amen Corner! Missed Cut and Tour Card!
    Leadership made right decision and saved millions. There is unfortunately nothing in 980 that clearly would improve outcome in a RCT. PAV has already been around for 20 years without breaking. There is a reason for that although the fundamental idea behind in theory is good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have to disagree. PB reps been making claims re PAV efficacy forevr. Even tho its been around that long and is "good" and no one has been caught doesn't make what company does with it right. Can spend millions to legitimize claim or wait for FDA to turn its sights on Covidien and fine it potentially HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS + sanction 980 sales. 840 Class 1 recall ring a bell?

Key to hospital vent profitability is getting patients off vents sooner yes? Covidien PB reps regularly claim PAV does it with no FDA approved claims or supporting data. Questionable peer reviewed articles don't count. Any customer can see through that. Why you think SK in MedAffairs had an abrupt career change?

Based on Covidien compliance training from that dude, Beth, Saliha, sounds like federal and state fraud spanning nearly 2 decades. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So you sold customers on the 840s reliability the last 5 years? C'mon, there's only 1 card to play.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time and non-sponsored studies will tell how good it is. It s however scary that there are few strong advocates and KOLs strongly promoting it. There s for sure a reason for that.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not hearing from reps about 980 awesomeness though there's a lot of training going on. Uphill battle at the facilities due to no data? Getting a lot of "reworked 840" objections? How are those discussion points working out? Revenue model is messed up. Set up bad expectations due to capital value committee process times. Dsn't hlp execs don't understand business.

Other peeps silent. Someone take advantage of first to file?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry bud. I'm paranoid enough to wonder if you just might be working for the other side! Besides, I've already told my team that the money is not what motivates me and is not what I'm after (even though that IS the most efficient way to get the attention of a large organization that's strayed so badly off the path and IS an option). Covidien employs a lot of excellent, talented, hard working people. I estimate that the Carlsbad side alone generates over 20 million dollars a year back into the local economy. And, despite the gross mismanagement and lack of strong, internal, regulatory and quality leadership, Covidien still manages to put out solid products that do save lives every day. Nature of the beast that the critical care ventilators require the highest, corporate due diligence to ensure safety, quality and reliability at a time when this Marketing-obsessed management's hell-bent on getting around all those pesky regulations. No, I'm not after the money. I'm their worst nightmare. I just want them to do no harm and do what's right for public safety. Neonates simply don't have the capacity to rebound from a vent going down. One minute they're alive and the next minute their gone... Whether anyone knows this or not, creating a product that could seriously compete against others in the NICU is something the 980 is designed to do, but not as long as they are having all kinds of technical issues that they keep jamming band-aids on and then not fully testing to determine if they've actually made it worse or introduced new bugs. If they got Marketing and Sales out of the driver's seat and replaced them with ethical leaders dedicated to putting out a quality product that's been proper verified, validated and then backed by proper clinicals, this would all go away. Sad that doing the right thing has become such a foreign concept.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha, you're giving the other side too much credit. C'mon, look at the vent business. 'Nuff said. That is the idea behind having lawyers establish bona fides. Even more effective if we combine, helps demonstrate a history and pattern of behavior. We're both protected by privilege so only way info disclosed is if we OK it.

If you do go it alone, be sure you file in a state where the med device industry does not have a strong presence (stay away from CA, TX, MN, DC (lobbyists), MA, etc) and your counsel has experience in device, not pharma. Case in point, Medtronic biliary stent case failed due to the district where filed (MN) and attnys weren't device. Be sure it's a large firm with resources and they take it on contingency, these cases are expensive and lengthy. No statute of limitation timing to worry about.

I do have a few initial salvos locked and loaded for the OCI and DOJ with my finger on the trigger. Zero issues burning the proverbial house down and nailing a couple ppl to the wall with the addtl info I have. They're trying to push me out of the space. Happy to make this a new hobby, up my game and play hardball. Company has had more than one chance to own their mistakes and do right by me.

If you go down this route, be prepared to watch some of the initials you mentioned and others lie and perjure themselves under oath to your face, even when confronted with damning evidence. I'm sure the company will most likely threaten ppl with their jobs if they say anything contrary to the company's position in testimony. These supposed leaders, these pillars of integrity (ha), have no soul and will do anything to save their skin. We've all seen it before on a smaller scale daily.

Btw I wouldn't cast blame on commercial people in Boulder. Most of this is JW. A few ppl were his lackeys and did what he wanted without question. Others raised concerns, pushed back about the many issues mentioned by others in this thread and were shut down by him. Let me say that again, JW actively stopped ppl from doing the legally right thing on the 840 and 980. This guy is such an utter POS, I wouldn't be surprised if he blames much of this on EM, since he can't defend himself after his accident.

Totally agree on your last point.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

L0l. 7 posts deleted.

Competition would like to thank leadership team for treating their ppl like shit just like Tyco did. Big kudos to the poster for sharing. Apparently the info was accurate, feel free to share more with bigger fonts so it'll look good in my screenshot :)

I think almeida got revenue expectations wrong on the earnings cal this FY for vents. GUI is nice but 980 weak clinically considering how long it was in dev. He may also be misjudging the impact of compliance issues on the company's financials based on info posted. This could get very ugly.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1 Big thx to mgmt for treating employees poorly. If u'd like 2 mail the 980 global mktg plan and reqrment docs to our mktg depts, feel free :). I'm sure we can put it to good use since covdien isnt.

U got 2 hv the stupidest legal dept on the planet. Smart money is on settling any pot legal action. Hndreds of studies out there that show settlng works out more favrbly vs going 2 court,. Longer u wait, more expensv it gets. Thats not even accntng for neg publicity, precedent risk, addtl legal actns, incrsd regulatory scrtny and testimony becoming public record. I'd wrry the DOJ and OCI were attndng court proceedings. How many peeps from regulatory agencies have already looked at this thread?

Company wuz blackballing me tho, Id make every effort to screw them over. So effing unethical and WRONG to mess w some1s ablty to provide, but not unexpcted from yur execs lookng at posts here. What a shady bunch! That style of leadership went out in the 80s.

Our mailing addresses are on our websites. ;) Keep fightng the good fight!

-The Competition