Covidien Openings

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's amazing I get called from a recruiter about an opening in Covidien/Tyco every 3 months and then 6 months later on the same job Hernia, Monitors, surgical instruments etc. etc. Everytime the recruiter tells me its the greatest job and it open do to employee promotion. The dumbass recruiter thinks I'm some foolish pharma rep or paycheck salesman. This must be the worst company to work for to have that much turnover.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LISTEN to the post above, and heed its warning.

you have been warned.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get your point, but don't you think the recruiter knows exactly what you do? Your cute implication that 1) the recruiter doesn't know how important/special you are 2) that you think you are pretty special 3) pharma reps and paycheck salesmen are foolish 4) that this must be the worst company to work for are all very impressive deductions; troll.

Many of the COV gigs are entry level. Tell us more about how amazing you are, i will tell the recruiters not to bother you anymore. What do you sell? Can you share with the class how it is so much more impressive than us fools?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy you are dipshit! You must be one of those pharma reps reading people magazine waiting to hand samples out. Recruiters call anybody with industry experience & meet the job requirements. Don't be hating cause it says no pharma reps apply!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP is 100% correct, turnover is sky high at this company. If you make it past 1 year, that's impressive. Look at the 401k vesting schedule, it's 2 years for 100%.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is aweful. Bad management, bad training, bad people in general. Stay far away from this shit show

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien has a lot of divisions, so I can only speak for my experience, but I've been with the company for almost 8 years and it's been pretty good. A lot depends on your manager and even more on territory, which is true for any company. Not sure I can think of more than a couple of companies that would be better.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+2. Rms is a complete shitshop and other divisions not much better. Run away from Tyco...errr Covidien as fast as your can.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, I like it here. COV has been good to me

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+3. Rms leadership worst I've come across in my career.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not unhappy. Underpaid? Perhaps, and my mgr is OK at best. But I have good products and a fair number to hit. That said, I've made more money elsewhere, and if the comp plan shrinks any more, I'll be gone. For now, I like it here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is too big. And the products are very commoditized. Bad management and horrible support staff. I'm glad to be done with it!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hear about a Regional position with RMS east coast?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coming soon, at least many hope so….stay tuned to the next quarterly review……if not before.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Douche bags abound-can't point your finger to just one.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One less to point to. Blaze is gone.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blaze not gone. Promoted apparently.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If my manager survives another quarterly-I quit!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mental Strength is something that fat people don't have.