Covidien

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for a position with Covidien. Can anyone give me some info on them, besides what I might find on the website? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What territory and what is your background?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be for the medical device division and I am a graduating senior from Buffalo, NY but am willing to relocate. They are hiring a handful of college grads without any B2B experience. One of the devices I would sell is for hernias--I am aware of that. Could you please give me any information if possible on Covidien?? I would appreciate it.

Thank you !

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a great way to get into the industry w/o selling B-B. Covidien is generally a market leadier in any product they are involved in. Big, well respected co. Products tend to be commodity, not too hi-tech. Sounds like the US Sirgical Division which is one their OR product lines. GO FOR IT !!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are your thoughts on Ethicon?? I was recently called for an interview for the Endo division (staples, harmonic, trocars etc.) Man have I read some posts that paint Ethicon as sleezy, unrespected criminals. although many ppl on this board are disgruntled empolyees. Are their products of high quality? My ethical standards are second to none so I don't want to represent an unethical, low intergity company that peddles expensive, poor quality products.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great quality, market leader, but they do get painted pretty bad. I don't know a ton about them, but they compete w/ US Surg. I think they are known for getting the business anyway possible. I would still recommend them. They are a J&J company. J&J gets a bad rap too for being very militant, so be weary of that. TONS of in-servicing. You'll live in the hospital w/ any conversion. Think about it, you're selling sutures...EVERYONE uses them...all day and all night. Good luck!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Different person and different position with Covidien. I'm going in for f-2-f. What are the benefits like? 401K match, vacation, cars, etc.?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm the person who originally posted. Thank you for your opinion and advice. Is there anything specifically that they look for in candidates? Any interviewing advice?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it will vary...what division? position?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What type of position is this for? Inside? TDR? it is difficult to believe they would put you into a surgical device territory without any experience in sales.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this company really as fu**ed up as they seem to an outsider?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed on phone hr person, no clue whatsoever, so they are hiring college grads, way to go-good luck all you grads

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The breakdown for you:
    Company car, 15 days vacation prorated based on what month you start and then all holidays and 4 floater holidays you have to choose from their list. 401k is very aggressive based on how long you are with the company.
    I'm surprised they are looking at grads with no sales experience, all the TDR's I know have a minimum of 3 years b2b sales and none of the SDS have no sales experience. I'm not sure what the inside sales team is doing.
    Every division is different when it comes to base, total comp numbers, guarantees, ramp ups, etc.
    The one thing the manager does not want to discuss is the perks and benefits with the company, focus on yourself and what you can bring to the table.
    Hope this helps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The HR person is not even in HR if they were interviewing for Autosuture, Syneture or Kendall. They are a 3rd party HR management team that "screens" the candidates and sends their "feedback" to the manager. They don't deal with the managers during the process so you are at a disadvantage compared to the candidates who compete against you that come from their recruiters.
    I was fortunate enough to come onboard through a recruiter while a friend of mine went through the HR person that contacted him from an old resume he submitted a year earlier and he was bitching the entire time how they had no clue and was seeking my advice throughout the process.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you the company has moved to an outside recruitment firm, so if the person sounded a little clueless over the phone, its because they are. Managers are no longer allowed to work with outside recruiters as of last month, so you wont be at a competitive disadvantage. Simply play the game and get through the phone screen, and you will be in front of the hiring mgr the next week and on your way.

BTW- the only division of Covidien that is hiring from college right now is US Surgical. To my knowledge, its a hybrid position, and its entry level. The rest of Covidien...Valleylab, Kendall, etc have their old requirements...ie: strong B2B background or Medical Sales experience- usually both.

Covidien is a very strong company.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The recruiter working with Covidien is amazing. Very knowledgable, knows the managers and company, and does a great job keeping in touch, giving feedback, making arrangements. I don't know if she is exclusive though.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are at least 4 outside recruiters working various jobs for Auto, Syneture and Hernia along with the 3rd party they hired. Kendall was put in this situation in February, US Surgical in October but they have still hired many from recruiters. They have knocked out candidates at the phone screen level for at least Autosuture when the 3rd party is involved. It is not automatic. I know 3 that got turned down after the phone screen. No explanation other than an email saying they have other candidates they are considering at this time.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE PURITAN BENNETT DIVISION? SELLING C-PAP?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Covidien. We broke away from Tyco last year and its been exciting ever since. It is an outstanding company with huge growth potential. If you are serious about this bring only your A game. Through the interview process you need to show that you have what it takes to make it through training. It is the hardest training program I have endured, including Ethicon and officer field training through the military but once your through you will be the most knowledgeable person in the OR when it comes to your products and your competitors. Good luck!