Crazy Manager

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Nov 4, 2017 at 8:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone else have a manager who has all of a sudden started freaking out for some reason? Is your manager telling you who you should call on and what days you should be there? Is your manager sending out beat down messages every Friday about numbers? Has your manager drained all the enthusiasm that you and your team have for the job and left the whole team demotivated?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers have no real solution or strategies to explain the hard to attain goals. They have to justify their jobs by sending the area manager a list of what their doing to turn things around. Unfortunately all they can do is male people do more busy work which in return taking focus away from the field. The managers are in the cars with us 4 days per week so obviously thet suck too. They want to point fingers at the reps when in reality the KAMS and the managed care assholes can't and don't do shit.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager has been working us to death chasing down signatures from doctors. who don't see reps and making sure we dump food off at two offices a day. Between me and my partners the offices have reached a point where they not only don't want to sign for food but they don't want to eat it either. We have made it our mission to make office staff fat as they waddle down the hallway to get signatures from doctors who will never speak to us. And the weekly emails about how bad we all are.....dont even get me started.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m in the same boat. I’m up very late every night, even on the weekends completing worthless reports and other “exercises”. My manager also wants us doing 10 in-services a week. That adds up to hours & hours of expense report admin. time. I try to keep up with it daily, but it’s difficult at times with all the other work.

What is wrong with these managers & company? I started using the little free time that I have from this job, to look for another. I’m willing to take a pay cut to have quality of life again. I’m emotionally and physically exhausted from this this toxic environment. I’m depressed from consistently being beat up over the phone & the nonstop ride along. My numbers aren’t bad, matrix’s good (checking those boxes) & im still getting hammered. I think they want blood from me. My manager doesn’t have anything bad to write in FCR’s bc I check all the boxes on Ride alongs - my offices and doctors like me too.

He finds the smallest things to bitch about - why haven’t you called on this Z target or that person ?? Uh they are hospitalist.... . They don’t trust us to be territory managers, why do they call us that? We are just their bitches.

I guess this company likes the revolving door of reps & the time / cost of hiring & training new ones.

Everyone I know is already interviewing or looking to move on .... there is only so much crap we can take.

It would be nice to have time to go to the gym or have a little time to enjoy my life. The last two quarters have been horrible. I can’t wait to take my PTO soon & send my resignation letter.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers are on notice. The numbers are bad and leadership is out of ideas. Hence the busy work. It’s hilarious that numbers are in the shitter since the new guys in sales and marketing took over. Pass the popcorn. Watch them squirm. This is a car wreck in slow motion.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its fun to watch everything implode ...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. It’s gotten so bad that we are now rooting for the company to fail just so that we can get severance and get the fuck out. Good luck Josh. You lost us at the POA with all your antics and attacks. Now it’s just a matter of time until the whole house of cards falls down.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

its such a relief to know My district isn't the only one like this. Most of us are getting forced out, or at least threatened daily. This place is honestly such a joke I would take anything at this point. And then double dip as long as possible. F this hell hole

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager expects me 2 be at my 1st call @ 8am when 95% of the offices dont even open til 9. Does she really think the offices want to see me b4 their patients? I'm hoping 4 a layoff so i can have time 2 look 4 a job while collecting unemployment. Between all the driving, busy paper work (moving data from one spreadsheet 2 another)picking up lattes and donuts just 2 get an activity and NOT even get back 2 see the doctors, and all the threatening emails, phone calls, and text msgs b4 8am and after 5pm I feel completely demotivated and beat down.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get phone calls in the 7am hour to nag me over things out of my control. I’ve gotten text/calls way past business hours ...nagging.

I don’t want to do in-services with offices that doctors sign my sheet, make a plate & take off. It’s not an in-service or worth my time (ordering food, expense report, etc) if they don’t talk to (any) Reps. Salix doesn’t care, they still want us to waste our time & resources in these offices.

Isn’t this company in financial trouble? They sure don’t act like it. I have no budget ... and I’ve been to almost 20 programs between all GI reps, contract reps (Magnifica and cycloset) pain reps & mine since April. It’s ridiculous.

It’s obvious, managers and above believe in a toxic work environment .... which ultimately always backfires.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gone are the days when we were actually treated like specialty representatives trusted to make good decisions and manage our day to day business. Josh treats this like a primary care sales team. He is clueless. And the numbers prove it.

13. I stopped on here to check out how things at Salix have been since I up and left. I am very happy I parted ways.

All of the complaints and issues became glaringly obvious during training and the NSM when people “here over two years” were asked to raise their hands and you legitimately had to search to find those hands.

I give you all major props for sticking it out as long as you have. The Monday morning before our territory meeting, I just couldn’t do it anymore. I knew I couldn’t even feign a smile or any excitement anymore and wrote a one sentence resignation.

I really feel bad about up and leaving my team and boss behind, but my god. How much more of the smoke being blown up my ass could I take? You would actually have to have a mental incapacity to continue to believe the bullshit we were told.

Look at the stock performance, lack of coverage ease, pricing... yes, competitive products were lesser than, but at what cost would a patient actually pay?

And don’t get me started on the fucking micromanaging. Emails at 4am, texts before 6am, calls by 7am... calls stretching into 630pm (bitch I’m getting hungry), texts well beyond 8pm, emails up to 11pm.... how much were we supposed to give? Our first born?

I never thought a job could beat me down in a matter of months, long-term veteran sales people were packing within a month. All the signs were there, how is anyone still hanging on? That thread must be wearing very thin.