Creams - Can Docs Profit? - How?

Discussion in 'Independent Medical Contractors' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2014 at 1:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$64,000.00 Question: How can the prescribing doc make legal profits from prescribing creams?

I see reps boasting loudly about how much they are making on creams. How about the prescribing doc?

Yes, the rep can pay the doc cash under the table, or devise some other way to pay the doc or his family for the patient referrals, but of course that's illegal and could result in both the doc and the rep being jailed, as well as the pharmacy being civilly punished.

Is there a legal way?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO! anybody tells you anything different stay far away. Many stupid people risking themselves and their Dr.s going to jail by offering 50$ per script as an "honorarium" or for an "outcomes study" run by some bogus marketing company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes!! Healthscripts of America!!! POP!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guy who painted my driveway , who knows I am in the Medical business asked me to introduce to him some docs .. He is getting in the pain cream business

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's Bogus- no legal way to...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roxanne does this!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For private insurance patients it varies from state to state.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drs can profit. If they own their own pharmacy and don't bill federal payers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem I see here is that a mixer in the physician office can't possibly produce a compound that is without the grittiness that a patient would receive from a high quality pharmacy with ointment rollers and mills. What's your solution for this?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. There are companies that can create business opportunities for physicians in a legal structure. Although compounding pharmacy isn't what it was a year ago. Laws vary state to state. Some states, like VA, don't permit such structures. Other state do, depending on the type of business and license(s) required.

www.iconpartners.com is one of several out of the business friendly state of Texas. As always, check references and your mileage may vary.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This discussion is about dispensing, not prescribing compounds to a pharmacy. That argument should be in another thread for those who missed it.

Office Compounding Solutions has the dispensing model with the full turnkey model - robust software, contracting with PBMs, etc.

www.revenue4doctors.com

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are groups out of TX and FL that offer doctors private placement investments into pharmacies, labs, ASC, and whatever else you can think of. Docs receive a share of the profits in the form of a dividend. I even heard that RX Pro out of MS, the company that Hall Of Fame QB Brett Farve invested in, is offering up equity deals that provide a share of the profits.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So was it ever answered if doctors can profit from writing?

besides "patient retention" and "improved quality of life"