Credibility of Mike and Paul?

Discussion in 'Allos Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like the street didn't necessarily go for the "top line grew 26% in Q4," "saving $$ with no lung trial" and "we reduced expenses through EE reductions" tactic to move the stock higher at the biotech conference. Stock didn't not budge and even went down on the news. Why didn't they keep the good news for the analyst call?????

My friend and the entire sales team was told by Paul and Mike on a national conf call 1 month ago she was fine with his/her position ("commercial size is right".......Mike Schick) and now he/she's gone. I love selling this drug but Schick / Paul are whoring out their credibility at the expense of motivating and leading their employees as they should. I bet Paul couldn't name the top 5 cancer programs in the US prior to Schick helping him understand the business in Q4 as he lives in Wisconsin and barely commutes to Denver or NJ.

I used to like Mike and Tim but they are different now.

Seattle Genetics will be a fun company to work for when they hire the sales team. Folotyn will be stuck to getting salvage business once brentuximab is FDA approved with 75%+ response rates. MDs will quickly go off label using that drug in more than ALCL and Hodgkins from what my KOLs are telling me.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your KOLs obviously don't know that much. SGEN's drug is a targeted therapy that works on only CD30 positive patients. To use off label on non CD30 positive patients doesn't work at all, and most importantly won't get reimbursed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will hear "the sales force is the same size", "people were promoted", "you have more resources" blah, blah, blah. 13% reduction in employees, and there WERE layoffs in the field.

There is no room for trust in this organization any more....run as fast as you can!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

on the SGEN / CD30 reply..........

I believe my KOLs more than my biased lying company.

SGEN started with Hodgkins and ALCL because those types of lymphoma express CD30 more than others. Ask your MDs about the CTCL subtypes and how prevelant CD30 positive is (quite a bit). Also, there are more PTCL subtypes than ALCL that express CD30 the study just did not look at those because ALCL express CD30 more than any other subtype.

Wouldn't you try a 80% response drug chance versus a 27% (+/-) response if you had the disease??? I sure would. You can always use Folotyn if other drugs dont work first which is where we are heading.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on. And the band plays on.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can try if you want, but you won't get reimbursed if yours isn't CD30 positive.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STFU

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course it will be paid for. Are you this stupid? Looks like the managers are posting. Como is this you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paul has zero credibility with the sales or marketing team. The exception was Caruso who he worked with at BMS. No one respects him internally whether its clinical or commercial. A little angry napolean.

Paul does have credibility with the board of directors who hired him. So Paul stays.

His ability to lead and manage the business to the point it is today is his annual performance appraisal. The stock is down 50% since approval, he forcasted 75 Million in sales for 2010, he got 30 million, fired his only friend in the company to save his own ass. Yet, he will receive several hundred thousands $ in bonus for these accomplishments.

Mike works for Paul. What is he supposed to do? Schick knows that PTCL will not keep the lights on nor will our 6 marketing points. Schick knows that mom and pop hems will never treat rrPTCL as does Paul. Owen Oconnor made this crystal clear a long time ago, market research as well as CRM data has only reaffirmed this. But this is ignored.

rrPTCl was meant to be a starting point to sell the company to a big pharma player needing an entry into oncology or as a complimentary product to its portfolio...someone like BMS.....it didnt happen and here we are

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someones head in home office should roll for posting this. It is 100% truth something leadership does not want to hear or see.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heck yes! Those CAD's are killing it on CP! Bravo.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sad.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jim Caruso did you post this?? Must have, nicely done Jim!!