Criminal Investigation against Aqua launched in California

Discussion in 'Aqua Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:21 PM.

?

Have you been contacted about the investigation?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is management serious?

"Have you ever told a speaker that they need to write more scripts for Aqua in order to get more speaker programs?"
    "No I haven't but corporate and my manager have on numerous occasions."

"Have you ever told a consultant that they need to write more scripts for Aqua in order for us to continue using you as a consultant?"
    "No I haven't but corporate and my manager have on numerous occasions."

"We would like to review your text messages, would you be willing to share them with us?"
    "Yes but I would like you to make the request through my attorney."

Make sure you consult your own attorney, Aqua's counsel represents Aqua (not us) and we are looking at criminal charges boys and girls!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not looking good at all boys and girls!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Aqua delivery system rules over false claims about any kind of nonesense about phony claims of a criminal investigation! Watch, and wait and see! NOTHING will come of it!
    The Aqua delivery system promotes eternal peace. You must then follow your universal pathway!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs are coming and will be big changes very soon

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last poster was about as dumb as you can find on this board! It is a perfect example of how "confused" one's life can be without the Aqua delivery system in their life! No eternal peace, no serenity, and unable to follow their universal pathway.
    These "bogus" investigations will end within a month, and will NEVER be talked about again! Just watch!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it just me, or do the all caps responses, overuse of exclamation points and prompt rebuttals to any cogent addition to this thread demonstrate the increasing desperation of the Aqua delivery man and how close he probably is to this situation? He might want to take a small dose of his own medicine and calm down if this is truly going nowhere. Just sayin'

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think so.

Layoffs are coming. My fellow reps are all out interviewing my RM told me he was also looking

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no updates. We all must be ok

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bogus? What about Philly?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any minor investigation that may be going on will soon run its course! The only thing that matters is acceptance of the Aqua delivery system! Period.
    NOTHING will ever come of, or affect this company! By August you will have forgotten any investigation ever took place! EVER!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and it will die in California.........

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are right the investigations did end with a $3.5 million fine to the company Google it

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharmaceutical Company to Pay $3.5M to Resolve Allegations of Paying Kickbacks to Doctors
    Former Sales Rep turned Whistleblower alleged company provided dermatologists with gifts, meals, and excessive fees in exchange for prescriptions
    PHILADELPHIA – U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain announced that pharmaceutical company Almirall, LLC, formerly named Aqua Pharmaceuticals, LLC (“Aqua”), will pay $3.5 million to resolve allegations that it employed illegal kickbacks to incentivize physicians to prescribe Aqua’s dermatology pharmaceutical drugs.

The settlement resolves allegations that, between 2012 and 2017, Aqua knowingly paid kickbacks to dermatology providers in order to induce prescriptions of their drugs. Aqua, through its sales representatives and other employees, allegedly provided physicians with improper in-office and out-of-office meals and food items, entertainment, trips, gift cards, and gifts. It also engaged health care providers for speaking engagements, advisory boards, and consulting services where one purpose of the compensation was to induce providers to prescribe Aqua drugs.
    Whistle blower got $750K anyone else here know of wrong doing??

“Federal law is designed to ensure that doctors and other providers are not improperly influenced by pharmaceutical companies in deciding which drugs to prescribe,” said U.S. Attorney McSwain. “Our office will do everything in its power to ensure that pharmaceutical companies and prescribers are playing by the rules and that they are not enriching themselves at the expense of patients’ well-being, especially those covered by Medicare and Tricare, the insurance for members of the armed services. This settlement is just the latest example of our office’s strong partnership with HHS-OIG and the Defense Health Agency to protect the integrity of our health care programs.”

“Pharmaceutical companies that ignore rules designed to protect patients will be held accountable. Patients must be able to trust that decisions made by their doctors are based on unbiased professional judgment and not personal gain,” said Maureen R. Dixon, Special Agent in Charge of the Office of the Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in Philadelphia. “We will continue to work with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in this District to root out all forms of waste, fraud and abuse in our federal health care programs.”

“I applaud the Department of Justice and the U.S. Attorney for their continued efforts to hold health care providers accountable to the American taxpayer,” said Vice Adm. Raquel Bono, director of the Defense Health Agency. “The efforts of the Department of Justice safeguard the health care benefits of our service members, veterans and their families. The Defense Health Agency continues to work closely with the Justice Department, and other state and federal agencies to investigate all those who participate in fraudulent practices.”

This settlement resolves allegations in a lawsuit filed in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania by a former Aqua sales representative, under the qui tam (or whistleblower) provisions of the False Claims Act. The qui tam provisions permit private parties to sue for false claims on behalf of the government and to receive a share of any recovery. The relator here will receive $735,000 as her share of the recovery in the case. The relator was represented by Brian J. McCormick, Jr., Esq. of Ross Feller Casey LLP, and Claudine Homolash, Esq., of the CQH Firm.

“We thank the whistleblower for coming forward and providing essential assistance to the government. This concerned citizen’s information and assistance were critical to our office’s discovery and investigative efforts in this matter, and we deeply appreciate her contribution,” said U.S. Attorney McSwain.

The federal investigation was conducted in cooperation with the California Department of Insurance, which conducted its own investigation. The Department of Insurance separately agreed to a resolution of $3.1 million with Aqua to resolve similar allegations.

This case was a cooperative effort among the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Defense Health Agency. For the United States Attorney’s Office, Assistant United States Attorney Anthony D. Scicchitano and Auditor Dawn Wiggins handled the investigation and settlement.

The lawsuit is captioned United States ex rel. John Doe v. Aqua Pharmaceuticals, LLC et al., Civil Action No. 15-5086 (E.D. Pa.). The claims resolved by the settlement are allegations only; there has been no determination of liability.