criminalizing sex outside of marriage

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by jasmin, Mar 27, 2011 at 1:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Thanks, LIBS! We do have a lot in common. Anyway, you'd have to ask Mr. Gams. I know he loves me but even he doesn't always get what he wants. . . which is often a young Asian stripper with really high heals who can be bent into a pretzle. Me? I am praying I stay young for another 15 years. After that, I hope to write and live vicariously through my dreams, past lives and the lusty lives of others. :)

2. Look GG, you and I have had some interesting and cordial discussions and I hope that will continue. But with all due respect telling you that the way you live your life is "wrong, evil or fantastic" is very much open for debate.

Why wouldn't it be? Not all lifestyles choices are equal. Not all values are equal. While you and your husband may have an arrangement that "works" in a manner of speaking, that still doesn't mean that it is the best way to conduct one's life or that if widely adopted such a lifestyle wouldn't have profound negative consequences for a society.

Note, I'm not saying that the Bible is true or that God exists or Jesus exists or anything of the sort (though all that is true) what I am saying is that it has been proven by experience and history that the Bible is the best guidebook for human living and human relationships and the closer a society comes to living up to it's teachings and values, the more successful that society it will be. Again, I am not making any claims of metaphysical truth, I am talking about what works. The facts are plain, though I've no doubt some will try to deny them.

Personally, I believe that while your husband may be Ok with your arrangement, that God is not. This doesn't mean that you are evil, but it does mean that your behavior leaves a lot to be desired. That's my opinion, you doubtless will disagree. What is not opinion, is the following:

"The Successful Societies Scale (SSS) can be compared to levels of popular religiosity as pressured by rates of absolute belief in God, belief in an after life, Biblical literalism, frequency of prayer, attendance at religious services and (negatively) by rates of atheism and agnosticism and acceptance of evolution." Gregory S. Paul

3. #123 GorgeousGAMS, Apr 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM
    GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Well, I actually did graduate work on infidelity and the topic of gender and sexual orientation, and found some very interesting things: 1) relgious people cheat just as much as agnostics or atheists (SURPRISE!), 2) someone's sexual preferences as long as they are not criminal have nothing to do with any other aspect of their "morality" or decision-making abilities. Hence, some of our greatest presidents and generals were philanderers and gay. 3) happiness in a marriage IS defined by one sociosexuality meaning if you like to swing from the lights and your partner wants to hide in the dark, it is a doomed relationship. 4) Happy marriage or lasting marriage is also defined by shared values and beliefs. This is why two people with equal religious views could easily find themselves on the exact same page sexually without ever having "that" discussion. Problem with that, it causes relgious types to view the world from THEIR point of view, which leads now to this thread today. I am your opposite and have a partner with the exact same point of view, values, beliefs and sociosexual nature. I would never think to make you uncomfortable and suggest that you try swinging or having threesomes or cheat and tell each other dirty stories. So, don't assume we are headed for trouble. My children do not live with me. If they did, my behavior might very well be different. Had I not died for three years, my behavior might be different but these are all hypothetical. Reality is where I live - in the moment and since I don't have that long, I'm going to have fun. I imagine this too will pass. Oh, and I have the right to believe in "my" God and not have to follow a doctrine that I believe is false. Quantum physics and the God Particle will prove both of our viewpoints correct. . . now that's the funny part.

You must have missed the part where I did admitt that my lifestyle was probably not the best way to conduct life but it is acceptable right now because it makes my life tolerable as opposed to wanting to blow my brains out.

4. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

Gotta ask: "...died for three years,..." ????????

5. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

critically ill, bedridden, disabled. . . uninsured - life pretty much over. Some days so sick I could not stay awake for more than an hour.

6. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

I would add to point #3 that laying there like a beached whale doesn't help either. I'd rather spend the $5,000 and get a real doll.

7. libluvsbukkake

You know what? I know that it would be good between us and you could tell Mr. Gams all about our hot lovemaking. Hell, he can even watch if he wants.

8. If I missed this admission, then I'm sorry, but my comments are still appropriate to the overall conversation.

As always, it's been interesting. I always like to hear your comments.

9. #129 Vagitarian, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Your lifestyle 'probably isn't the best way to conduct your life' according to whose evaluation? Do you actually thing someone's up in the sky with a notebook writing down everytime someone has an extramarital exprerience? or that this being is going to have that conversation with you when you go? and how about things like 'eating that ass? Is their a what's good and what's bad book somewhere? The Chirtian Swingers in Phoenix, AZ notes that there is nothing wrong with this - in the bible and besides, even if there were, all you have to do is ghet baptized and ask forgiveness.

Maybe your lifestyle is the best for you. Good sex is good for you and even swinging is considered good and healthy by many Christians.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110315172902AAUdIyY

also:

http://www.libchrist.com/swing/happysafestudies.html

10. libluvsbukkake

You are so right. It's god's will that my dick gets hard, when I see a Woman that I'm attracted to.

11. Not buying it Gams....and I've seen you source your graduate work previously. All lalaland unsourced BS.

Do religious people cheat? Absolutely. At the same rate as secularists people? Not even close.

And....as an aside....which I argued way...way up above.....cheating/broken marriages/single moms........all have a deleterious effect on our children's lives. The ball don't lie....when it comes to the the social discourse from these activities.

During child bearing years, one has a social responsibility (or at least should) regarding pulling one's own weight. When Sally Jessie Jones has 9 puppies without a dad or a fucking job, then we become a decadent society and a burden to those that actually give a shit.

I never did a fuggin "thesis" on it....but I can pretty much figger it out. Millions of kids out of wedlock blows ass.....so do single parent homes.

Now....with that all said...if you, LLB, or Vag wanta bang a hundred different people at your age...then knock yourself out....because I....don't give a shit. Your promiscuity is not taxing on our society at this point of your lives.

12. Vag this post shows how out of touch you are with reality and common sense. Whether you like to admit it or we were much better off when we were a more Christian society. Fewer STDs, fewer broken homes, fewer emotionally damaged children etc, etc. You are just willfully blind to it because you don't want anything to cramp your lifestyle.

Now I wonder if you will respond to this post or if you're too afraid of Dick Tracy to do so!:D

13. Vagitarian

Hate to be a dumbass but how much did you say it's up?

Seriously, let's not play this everyday. My take - bottom line, Marvell is as cheap on a net cash basis as it's been other than the 2008/2009 extreme lows. This gets even better considering their new product introduction pipeline with much growth potential. The company's P/E just under 12, the forward at 9.4 and the forward less cash is a mind boggling 6.1 times. The reason I'm not buying is it has a beta of 1.3 and that's one of my criteria. I agree on dividends and as I posted in Nov, I bought T and VZ. VZ is up 20% with T up 1% and they are the 2 highest dividend payning stocks on the NYSE. at 5% ish.

Good luck on the stock. With your knowldge of commodities like gold as well as your ability to predict in advance the general direction of the market, you should do well. I'm too near retiremnent now to gamble.

14. #134 GorgeousGAMS, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Hairy, I am not going to argue with you over grad school. Why don't you go and you just might realize that many things we have as preconceived notions just do not add up or pan out. My stats on cheating are sound. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT MAKE ME LOOK THAT SHIT UP. (P.S. I have not used my grad school library to source here because these arguments by in large are bullshit. I use Google just like you.)

As far as the breakdown of the two parent family ruining our children and society, you will GET NO argument from me and the research makes it pretty clear that our broken homes hurt children. Does it actually hurt society or will it be the downfall of society? Frankly, I have no idea. We have some serious public health issues and pandemics coming as well as terrorism that might be quicker, not to mention a bankrupt America. There is a trend toward lawlessness and immorality when fathers are not present in homes. I think there is a current swing for people to live together rather than be married. There is no way to get an accurate reading on how many children are growing up with only one parent or without an active father.

I am not promiscous quite the opposite, and my children do not live with me nor are they privy to my sexual interests. It is none of their business. They are adults and they have grown up responsibly. My behavior is far from irresponsible and I can think of many single people who live their lives like it's the sixties all over again. I can think of several married people who are wild-squared. That is not me. I am so damn busy between work and full time grad school, working out and caring for my animals, I really am not nearly as exciting as some people here on CP believe. I like to tease a lot and get a charge fucking with people. Now, you can be pissed about the latter.

15. Vagitarian

That Christian swinging bait works every time I use it - look at the big fish I just caught - LOL! :cool:

16. GG, what graduate program are you in and what sort of animals do you have?

17. If hooking yourself in the back of the head is catching a big fish, then yeah. Frankly it's more like catching a big idiot!:D

Now, do you care to quit acting a fool and make some serious comments?

18. Vagitarian

Your last line was spot on (though the word promiscuity is kinda silly). At our point in time, we've wprked, raised our kids, put in our time and how we handle our sex lives is not taxing society. Way to go Hairy.

19. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Vag: I could have a hayday with the King James version and what IT says about screwing around. Believe it: Men can fck anything they want and r3pe is encouraged. This version of the Bible is considered the closest most scholarly interpretation of the Old Testiment from all the versions and it is SHOCKING. I did my best to not feel sick when I read it cover to cover, really. Please folks, go to http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

The site is rather offensive but uses actual quotes from KJV not taken out of context for a real eye-opener. . . My point at the end of my diatribe was how wonderful it would have been to have that ideal life that my mom and dad had. I don't have it - not even close and damn I tried and tried. They had that spark for fifty years! LIBS, VAG, Rhianna and few others get it. (And, no, there is no way to mold what I have into that dream!)

Now, I'm not knocking what people want to believe but some of you are going to have to stop ASSUMING I'm a sleezebag with no values and throw the Bible into your theory. (WRONG!) You MAY think I'm going to burn in hell. (FINE!) However, according to the KJV and if my husband orders me to perform for other men, it is perfectly acceptable, and that IS in the Bible!

Oh, flame on. . .

20. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Medical Writing and Clinical Research (Really)
    I rescue small fury helpless beasts. . . (don't laugh!)