Criteria

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2008 at 8:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE GOING THRU THIS SITUATION AND POSSIBLE LAYOFF. WE WENT THRU THIS LAST YEAR AND IT WAS COMPLETE HELL. NO ONE WAS EVER TOLD HOW LAYOFFS WERE MANAGED OR CONTROLLED AS MANY TOP PERFORMERS AND TENURE PEOPLE LOST JOBS.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to comment that this is hilarious but true. I saw a new 22 year old rep with her purdy lil dress and purdy lil 5 inch shoes and bows in hair walking into an office and the doctors were in complete laughter cracking up at poor miss hs graduate.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a pompous, ignorant kid. Your "popular" with your doctors? When was this a popularity contest? Do they respect you? Do they listen? Can you actually sell? Your uncle being a huge doctor in an important market for GSK means squat - unless it is your market and he is contributing hugely to your success. And his putting in a good "work" for you means nothing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again, we have to deal with a child that has t rely on the reputation, and hard work of relatives.
    If you have a "god" name, that's great. But stop trying to ride on the coat tails, and good rep of your relative. You make a name for yourself, and that should do you just fine.
    People, you can make your own way............... don't rely on "relatives", and others to pave your way. You are you. Get over your family, friends, relatives or whatever.........get into yourself, and keep your family rep up to par, do not rely on it. Contribute to it if yu are so great.
    It is you the drs wil judge you on.......not the greatness of your family. You are so incredibly stupid to think that they (your family will carry you) because they will not. It boils down t you.
    Get real, get going............you are really the only person you can rely on.
    Silly you....................for thinking you have to nothing but name your family name...................

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it was based on gender if you boss was female and did not like men your out if your a guy and in the case of my manager I hate to say but it was also race based. Just the facts as they are. Sorry to say but true.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You WISH pharma was sales. They can call it that all they want--it IS educational and marketing if you're lucky. Delivering and catering is more like it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TENURE has everything to do with the decision. Well, at least it did for the last two rounds of layoffs. In 2007/2008, the two newest reps on the team were severed and the following 2008/2009 round, the next two newest reps were severed. There was no mention of tenure being part of the retention equation either. It came as a complete surprise to most.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FUCK THE LAYOFFS! BRING EM ON . MANAGEMENT CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES! I WANT TO GET LAYED OFF NOW!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope...this is the exact opposite of what has happened in my territory in the past two years. The two highest tenured (oldest) were let go both years. Trust me, that was just a coincidence. There is absolutely no equation/criteria for layoffs. There has been no distinguishable pattern about who stays and who goes over the past two layoffs. That is a fact.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree!

Layoffs in Feb. from what I heard.

No layoffs in 09!

11. GSK Hobanger

GSK Hobanger Guest

Don't kid yourself: if your sales are up, you are ok. If your salary is low, you are ok. If you are in an area not to 'populated' you are ok. If you sleep with your boss, your OK for now. Everyone else, worry about your job.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So so so sad, There are some of you out there making fun of this. Pour you heart and soul into making sure this was this right thing only do discover that you are really fucked.

you are way to smart to get this. Go fuck GSK and their marketing group. Hope all of your MBA's are ready to get this information. i went to winner circle with the smartest person i have ever met. It is all about the metrics, You have vacancies... who cares... it is all the same. Lets go stand in a quarter and see who gets fucked. God bless us all.

its not about work ethic or drive It is about endurance and dive. The docs must like you and want to see you in their offices. Lets get beyond local help. Go help us ALL/

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK SUCKS WIN FOR ALL OF US. ASK THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND AWHILE. I LOVED THIS COMPANY AND THEY HAVE SCREWED ME. I HOPE TO GOD THAT I DONT REALLY NEED THIS GROUPS SOMEDAY TO HELP ME OR MY FAMILY>

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What world do you live in? Its all education and marketing. You "sell" nothing! Why do you think pharma reps are singled out and told not to apply for certain "true" sales positions...you don"t ever have to "close" the sale.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for GSK for about 6 years. They don't give a shit about you nor do they care (uppermanagement) what happens as long as they benefit. Managers watch out for each other and will stab you in the back, regardless if they act like there you "coach" or friend. You got to make the next move...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't anticipate they will ever disclose the criteria. Third party is involved with lawyers and I do think tenure in the division is a factor based on some things I saw the last go around in 2008. I don't think managers will have any say..corporate will say here is your list, work with it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If my husband loses his job over this ridiculous shit, I plan on suing GSK myself, along with my 3 childrens names on it. For loss of consortium!! He has busted his ass for GSK for 12 years, missed numerous school, sporting events of his children, b edtime stories, etc...all for this company who gives a shit less about it employees. Maybe his priorities weren't straight but he is driven and providing for his family and helping his reps be the best that they can be, so that they to can provide and be proud of their accomplishments.

I understand that some of you deserve to go (you know who you are).

If the date is pushed back any further than the 7th of June.......

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet your husband is one of the biggest jerk managers around. I'm also guessing you are a stay at home mom. You sure sound like you are worried that your gravy train might be coming to an end.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? If it's pushed back any further your wonderful, child neglecting husband will earn another paycheck for you. You'll have benefits for another month?? Please, spend all of his severance on legal fees. That will teach big bad GSK a thing or two! Lady what are you smoking? First, no manager misses his kids games and works late unless he's banging one of his reps. Second, YOU need to start preparing now for WHEN he loses his job. Third, your husband is no more important to GSK than any other sales rep in the company. It's ego bruising but true. Now, hug your kids, clip some coupons, have a glass of wine and GROW UP!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BEING A DM IS RETARDED. YOU ARE ONLY FODDER FOR REPS WHO USUALLY MOCK YOU AND PRAY FOR YOUR RIDE A LONGS TO END. YOU ARE USED UP BY COMPANY ,ON PLANES, IN MEETINGS DRIVING TO AND FROM VARIOUS TOWNS YOU MANAGE. YOU MISS THE KIDS GAMES, PLAYS, MAGIC MOMENTS ETC FOR WHAT? NOW YOU KNOW IT WAS A JOKE. I PURPOSEFULLY STAYED A REP, DOMINATED, MADE GOOD $$$ AND SAW 99% OF MY KIDS STUFF. WOULDN'T CHANGE ONE BIT. AT LEAST THIS CHICK COULD SAY HER MAN WAS A DM.