CSA cars

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Feb 27, 2015 at 3:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if the company car is optional? I need the car allowance more than the car. I have a leased car for 3 more years.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked Nicole Romano on the Merck part-time contract that question and she said they do not know yet. They are putting together FAQ to be sent to everyone. This could be a deal breaker for me too. Just bought a brand new car in December and have a three year term with payment of $700. I can't pay that and $300 per month for a company car. It wouldn't be worth working.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you ask Nicole if we had to wear socks while in the company car? I really need to know that plus I just really love the name "Nicole"!! Some day I want to get a Pomeranian puppy and name her "Nicole". That would be so cool!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the information. I'm in a similar situation and hopefully we will be able to opt out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think it will cost $300 a month for a company car? I've had many company cars through the years and it didn't cost me any money. The only cost comes if you use the company car for personal use - you can only drive a certain percentage of your business miles without being taxed on it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you took the survey in November, it stated $150 a month for full time reps for use of the car and $300 a month for part time reps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Merck pay you more to put out $1800 a year on extra out of pocket expenses? That is a drain on the already low contract salary. Lousy if you have purchased a personal car aready.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All new hires need to take car. Reps that have been with contract since the beginning have the,option as it wasn't stated to them they had to take a car.
    Everyone has a different situation. I don't feel they can make you take a car.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually they can make you take a car. I learned that the hard way. A guy delivered the car to my house and I went outside and told him him I did not want it. He said "well do you want this?" He then hauled off and kicked me really hard in the nuts several times! I was in excruciating pain and laying on the ground crying for a half hour in my drive way surrounded in a pool of my own vomit and, urine and blood! Then my neighbors walked by and pointed at me and laughed hysterically while taking pictures to put on social media. So yes, that CAN make you take a car!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not received any information about if you have an option or not.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just bought a car last year. I am not taking another car and have 300 taken out if I don't need it.
    Where I live, there is not room for another car spot.
    I am not taking the car.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with that if an "all or nothing" deal that has been negotiated with the fleet company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Yeah right. You will take the car or experience a humiliating groin kick. So shut your hole slappy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am full time. I have a leased car for 2 more years. I have no place to park another car. no overnight street parking in my town.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, that an amazing post! Thank you so much for sharing because we were all on the edge of our seats dying to find out what your particular parking situation is!!! Some of you pharma bimbo Barbies are too self absorbed and just plain dumb that it is hard to imagine you ever having a real job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey jackass other than yourself who is the we you speak of ? Some of us don't want cars for various reasons. We need information so we can plan for any changes. If you don't like what people write here than go away.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen pig breathe, no one cares what you want so suck and swallow!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So at this point, all of EPBU owns or leases a car as a stipulation of the job (obvious). This is a contract that is slated to end next June, and we may get the option (or be forced) to have a company car later this year that will cost reps almost 10% of gross pay. Which means that you would be inclined to continue to keep the personal car in the event (with all of the typical cost of ownership) that the contract does not get renewed, and incur even more expense. Assuming this saves Publicis/Merck money versus the mileage allowance - does not seem like any type of win for the reps. Add in HCOL areas where parking may be at a premium - was there really an overwhelming positive response to that survey? Hard to believe.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So we received the FAQs today in regards to the company car. Good info, however for the EPBU is it $75 per pay period versus $150 that was stated in the survey? Question 18 said we will be able to option out but specific circumstances. What will be the cutoff? What will be considered recent?