Culling the herd

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by anonymous, May 19, 2016 at 9:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR have also been bullied by AM. In the beginning they made promises to look into the many complaints, now they just stand back and watch him lie, bully and mistreat people.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wake up. This board is full of simple minded sad sacks spreading gossip and noise. Last year the "insiders" on this board claimed RT was leaving in October and the board was ousting AM. Yet 9 months later here they stay.

IT is archaic, slow and full of people hiding in the bureaucracy. No doubt about it. Has been for many years. Lots of 30 hr a week staff, coasting on the coat tails of the operational groups.

RT is smart as hell. He is a leader and leaders attract winners. He hired people that can make change, fix issues and not be afraid to drop some of the dead weight holding us back. You may not like the direction, but IT is changing because of people like RT, AM, DC, KG, EH, SB and many others. It's called accountability. Get used to it.

Leave if you don't like it, but good luck finding a company that cares about its employees as much as Quntiles.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So which is it? Is it old and archaic with people hiding as you stated, or it it an organization of accountability as you also describe? Many of those people have been here for 5+ years and they have directly contributed to the state of affairs you pointed out. RT is smart as hell, there's no denying that. But he also beats the living crap out of people from time to time. And not in a professional or constructive fashion. Why do you think the former CISO left? That behavior does not attract or retain winners.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's got to be British sarcasm! That statement couldn't be farther from the truth!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't like it, but no I will stay and enjoy the benefits and generous bonus for as long as I choose. I have a good boss who insulates me from much of the noise . Oh yea Quintiles cared about it's employees under Dennis G. from what I hear. But aside from the nice bonus, I do not see much to celebrate under TP and company. My wife is at another CRO and I know folks at SAS, RTI & MetLife. They all have employee appreciation days and similar celebrations. At Quintiles, we have these, that is if you are based in India. They also have more generous reward and recognition programs and a better work life balance (remember AM likes to pull badge reports to ensure people are on site). So please spare me the Quintiles cares line. It's no longer the case at least in North America.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they are still cutting what they refer to as dead wood after several years then they are doing something wrong. There comes a point when what started out as a point in time action becomes ongoing policy and it looks like this is policy now. Maybe they should hire smarter in the first place. Or maybe just stop cutting people and, you know, train and develop them.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not just dead wood. One of the people recently cut spoke at an Oracle conference a couple of months ago. Another person had helped turn around the BMS project. There are others too, hard working contributors. Wrong place, wrong time. Or maybe just wrong company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well we just lost a major bid in EH/KG's area. We had the clear inside track to win but I believe that because of the past Infosario disasters with a key customer, we lost. People talk in this industry. You can spin all you want about accountability and direction, but this was a big loss. We need leaders with a proven track record of success in technology sales and we will likely get that when IMS takes the reigns.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, word is traveling fast that Q is off-shoring more now. That's becoming a deciding factor in choosing a CRO in the industry. They don't care about Q's improved profit margins. They care about quality and being able to deliver. Seeing past having a handful of American client facing individuals who can't deliver on any promises or projects because of the sub-par off-shored labor means a lot to the sponsor. Its not just a Q issue with this though.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not just an issue with Q, but definitely an issue with Q's current leadership vs past leaders. AMs one goal is to cut cost. Its the only thing his tiny mind understands. Never once has he articulated a strategy or vision that cannot be boiled down to "cut cost."

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right, and then when things do go badly due to offshoring it's an emergency and he throws money at the problem to make it go away.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well it worked so well at GM you see, he wants that type of transformation here.....

I may not agree with a strategy or vision but I am much more likely to support if there's something to it. In this case, it's smoke and mirrors pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's no strategy except cut costs to let him being in more of his former GM friends. He's building an empire.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And this is already the most top heavy organization I've ever seen!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh he's trying but just wait for the merger. IMS has a much stronger and more mature analytics and data warehouse practice. Expect RIFs and my guess is they will largely be on the Q side

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly it seems that the slimeballs always survive these types of org shifts, so I don't expect AM, MP, SB to be going anywhere.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can we get Jamie MacDonald to come back? Awesome leader and can make tough decisions. He was very well respected during his tenure at Quintiles and I'm sure he would be respected if he came back.