Culture Survey

Discussion in 'Alnylam Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, May 2, 2019 at 4:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please stop asking me to take the survey, I am not going to participate. I legitimately do not trust anyone in this company and I would never say what has to be said in a corporate sponsored survey. I do ask that you add these items to your results from my two years of experience.

Alnylam really does want to hear from everyone and really will listen

If you say something that does not repeat exactly what management says, you are branded as a non-cultural fit and ostracized.

Collaboration really is preached and expected here. But that only goes one direction. Underlings are expected to collaborate up, then management takes info and either co-opts or refuses to return the collaboration.

The culture for most new employees is awful. It is degrading, unprofessional, and depressing.

In a month or so, we will receive results of the culture survey and it will say we are fantastic. We aren't. We screwed up our clinical trials, we could care less about the work-life balance of our employees, we currently promote a neuropathy drug to cardiologists which is unethical, and our new drug has horrible side effects. It's a company of smoke and mirrors and its no wonder every time we make an announcement of success our stock plunges. I stare out my window in Cambridge and long for a real company to offer me a job, but since I work at Alnylam, and our reputation sucks, I'm having a hell of a time. That is the real culture you have built John and Barry.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drink bleach you worthless fuck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guarantee this is an Alnylam Cambridge manager-director-executive. This is exactly what you would expect to hear from any of them if you are not parroting their ideas. Thanks for proving the original point.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you might excel in creating writing. I think you might have missed your calling my friend.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

always easy to identify when a post is probably accurate by the number and viciousness of rebuttal attacks. the more vicious the rebuttal, the more likely that post has truth. the main rebuttal is seeking death, so original post must be accurate. culture is action not words. we use pretty words followed by a garrote.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So interesting the evolution of our company. We built this science for the betterment of mankind and worked for 16 years to get to this point. At first I was angry at the posts here and still do not fully understand the utility of them but recently started questioning our real vision. Can we be both a patient oriented research organization and a profitable pharma company?

I believe we can, but not like this. Our new commercial colleagues need to understand our roots and intent, but it is also very clear we are commercializing poorly. I don’t know the answer. I wish I did. Our leadership doesn’t know the answer either. The only hypothesis I have come up with is that we languished so long in research we became myopic. Now we are in a commercial fight for our lives and it seems we use slings and rocks vs. missiles and bombs. We are outmatched.

It also just doesn’t seem like we really want to succeed. I’m one of the lucky ones with positive options, but so many have worked so hard and for very little. I thank our executive leadership for their vision and persistence in bringing RNAi to reality. Now I think it is time for them to move aside or find a partner for commercial endeavors.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, you can‘t.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Won't happen, sales pukes are the biggest bunch of whiners, if you don't kiss their asses (because of course they are better than ops, research, reg, etc.) they come on here and bitch. Look at the boards for the bigger companies if you want good examples.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another personal attack. What I find very interesting here is the lack of field experience in Cambridge. Very smart people there that are great with a hypothesis; but with zero practical experience on the realities of field sales.

We are in a civil war field vs. Cambridge and our weak leaders are doing nothing to correct. All issues are described as the field does not know what to do or is whining. An interesting concept considering the field has the real world launch experience, not the children working in marketing led by the reactionary nimrod LD.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then quit and bring your crybaby crap to another company. Better yet, just write an e-mail to John and stop complaining on an anonymous message board.