Culture

Discussion in 'Exactech Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interested to see a new thread for Exactech....

Competitive rep here just got an offer from Exactech. What is company culture like? Responsive? Honest? Good to reps?

Are products decent enough to show surgeons without embarrassment? How is instrumentation? Future prospects?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? 85 views and nor replies or comments. Come on. Help a guy out..

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company has "me too" products. No game changers except for their shoulder. You may get bits and pieces here and there, but grabbing a 500 joint surgeon away from Stryker or Zimmer...no way. But, if you can get a bunch of little pieces, you may do well for yourself.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay out! This place is a total family run company. They have no clue how to run a business. Forget about it...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"but grabbing a 500 joint surgeon away from Stryker or Zimmer...no way."

While this may be somewhat true I can tell you if a surgeon isnt getting paid by Stryker or Zimmer then he could go anywhere. But realistically the Exactech shoulder and Abx spacers are top notch. Their knee is good and has something like 30 yrs of clinical success.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever wrote th post prior is definitely in the fam. These people are a bunch of crooks who are feeding themselves. Look at the Executive board.. A head surgeon who pays his way through with his cronies an buys off other surgeons, creates hype and pays off the reps.. Who are also family.

Suckers

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career Suicide.

Crap company with crap leadership who will pull the rug out from under you at any given second. BAD IDEA, trust me.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The previous two posters are idiots. The company is run well and the execs are pretty decent. A lot of reps do extremely well and better than they were at their previous gig (like tornier). Is not easy but can be very rewarding.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know a few people in this company. All seem to have a common thread.... They are in stormy seas upon a ship sans its rudder. Poor vision, no leadership and poor management is a recipe for failure.

Also, hired an anti-business cretin compliance officer (VP) from Biomet. She likes the power to say "NO" to even the most legitimate business - surgeon/consultant measures and has no ability to meet business managers 1/2 way because she has no business sense/intelligence whatsoever, hence, the previous label, "Cretin." She was virtually hated at Biomet. Many cheered upon her resignation. It was a glorious day, though many would have preferred a firing with extreme prejudice.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I suppose this thread sums it up! Company is a total joke. To many busy bodies. And figure this...the people at the top are basically founders. They have no business experience outside of this company. Not a good solid foundation. Mom was VP in HR, Dad a part time CEO, VP marketing the son...a friend works in manufacturing with some success. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who does this Thien Doan think he is...arrogant to the core! Stay out of my hospitals!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are you getting away with buying surgeons again to use your sub par products?? I thought the DOJ put a clamp down on that sort of practice? Are you doing it through the distributor level or from the top down corporate level making surgeons bullcrap consultants??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do these people keep getting jobs. I'm all too familiar with these people.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why so surprised?? You dont know what you dont know...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didnt Exactech just pull over a heavy hitter from Stryker for new director of sales?
    This will get some business going.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would that make a long term difference? Strong execution without a strong strategy is a short term hit only. Think man.... Think.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good company. Decent leadership. Southern agents are solid. Dont know about northern agents/distributors.

Best shoulder on the market. Awesome biologics. Knee has direct IBS lineage and HSS website calls it gold standard. ABX preformed spacers are only product of its kind.

Most negative comments are ignorant. Haters will hate.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best shoulder? with 5% market share? ABX spacers- getting owned by molds that can customize fitment and abx dosage. The rest of the stuff is meh at best. Not good enough to get bought... See Wright Medical.

No hate, just better products elsewhere.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, they have the best shoulder. It is also the fastest growing shoulder for around 3 yrs now with 30-40% growth per quarter.

Abx spacer molds arent that great. They do not release abx for very long, maybe a few days. Exactechs spacers release abx for over 3 months over MIC. The data is there and quite vast with Exactechs spacers. Some surgeons do prefer the hip molds however as the head and neck might have more options. Also, exactechs spacers take about 2 minutes to get ready for insertion as you basically just open the box.

Im sure the previous poster is w Biomet and they have a pretty good shoulder as well, just not quite as good.