Culture

Discussion in 'Exactech Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactech has a few very good products and the company, itself, is a pretty good employer (i.e. treats it's employees well & pays well). However, as a 1099 sales rep, it's a total crap shoot as the distributors are about what you would expect from a second tier company ... ortho is second tier but the spine stuff is on lifesupport.

Very good cement spacers for revision of infected long bones. there is really nothing like it on the market
    Very good reverse shoulder that is probably second in quality and design to tornier
    Knees and hips are good but nothing special
    most of the biologics are ok but nothing special except the dbm is really very good ... but who cares?
    The spine hardware is inconsistent, even within the same implant and instrument systems ... some of it is good design and some of it seems sketchy
    Spine's biggest problem is reliability of supply and credibility of marketing and operations.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In your opinion what is it going to take to move this company in a better direction?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Full change of the good ol boy network. Especially marketing....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my guess is whoever posted the question about what will change this company for the better is an internal employee looking for honest feedback that people are too afraid to say out loud for fear of retaliation!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you want to see in new marketing people? Please, not simply "ones not in the good ol boy network."

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should know...you are in that department...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who knows the shoulder knows that the exactech system is superior. Look at the market numbers, studies or just ask a shoulder surgeon. The grammont shoulders have issues (depuy and tornier). Biomet is pretty good.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. I don't live or work in FL. I simply ask a sincere question and was looking for a sincere, well thought out answer. Still hoping to get one.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know anything of Exactech in the UK?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Exactech for several years before taking a job at a "real" orthopedic company. I don't say that to be disrespectful but unless you have a surgeon in your area who designed or helped develop one of their products you will have a difficult time making enough to survive. Many of the distributors are good people but have their hands tied trying to keep the distributorship and most sell other non competing products to compensate.

My advice is to look at it as an entry level job in orthopedics and get the experience needed to get a position with one of the bigger companies that offer insurance and a reputation you can build on.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree with the previous post. If you can sell, then you can sell Exactech. Especially their shoulder. Their knee, biologics and abx spacers are top notch as well. Just bc Exactech isnt a "big" ortho company doesnt mean their products arent quality. Hell, McDonalds sells more burgers than anyone else but I wouldnt say they have a better product than a real restaurant.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the compliance person who came from Biomet still there? From what I see in the field there doesn't seem to be much control in that area.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, she is gone. A guy from Stryker has the job now.