Curious about your thoughts

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Oct 22, 2020 at 3:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DM's telling reps to call them on the phone and then mute them and put the phone in your pocket or bag so they can listen to your calls, without telling the hcp. I'm interested in everyone's thoughts. Ethical or not?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i would think that if a doctor finds out about that (without their knowledge), that a dr would say f u to future office calls

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For ai it is the norm. We have had that done

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are all AI divisions doing this? This is a very shady practice.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DM’s have to justify their worthless existence. It is to pacify their own insecurities around the fact that they are not needed. My DM hasn’t asked for our district to do this, but would be a f*** no if suggested

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm pretty certain this isn't a company directive. Sounds like some very narrow-minded DM's who are going to get themselves in a pickle.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't blame your DM. They were given crazy expectations during Covid, so they're just trying to do their job and give the company what they want.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can only speak for my division. Pretty sure the others are doing the same

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Simply ask them to put the directive in an email. Compliance would love to have a chat with them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smart.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or just record your DM saying it to the team or to you when you're meeting over zoom/webex.

I record mine all the time, it's a good insurance policy to have handy. Times are tough and remember we're living for our kid's, husband's, wife's, and that damn mortgage! lol

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great idea.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES!!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

holt crap that’s a new level of paranoia.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So many things wrong with this directive. Privacy of the physician, staff and patients. There are potential legal ramifications of unapproved eavesdropping on a medical setting. This has lawsuit written all over it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this entire thread is batshit crazy.

a novel idea: trust. just trust that reps to do there best. trust that they are working on their craft.

and if they do not perform, then goodbye. DM = babysitter needs to go. DM as business manager needs to arrive.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So as a rep I'm uncomfortable with this, yet being forced to do it. What if this goes sideways? Who takes the fall, my manager or me? I am being forced to do it. My manager has lead me to believe this is company directive, so am I protected?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just grab a good lawyer. Too many people are being forced to deceive offices and getting into grey compliance issues with HIPPA. Even a fairly competent lawyer can protect you. This is NOT an approved company directive. Do what is ethically right for you and your work relationships.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They’re dumb enough to put these in a coach! It amazes me that when the numbers suck, we start to make decisions that have a negative impact on ethics. It happens all the time in pharma, push too much and we make wrong decisions that put our company at risk.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer knows what is going on and is proactive telling doctors. This is gonna blow up in a big way.