curious...

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how is skinmedica doing..how many reps are there (left?) I am looking to leverage existing dermatology/plastic surgeon relationships...is this the place?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No not really. We sold off some products for cash to pay the bills since the economic condition is bad. Were running out of money and managent is beating us to make a profit. Sell or die. There is no new products on the horizion.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same old, same old.....when will they realize their "business model" doesn't work anymore? And when I say business model, I mean the hardcore way they push their reps into "fear selling", "if I don't hit these unrealistic quotas, I will be out of a job". Just happened again on the West Coast. It takes time to ramp up and hit successful numbers in territories that have had SO MUCH turnover. Good to see some things never change, or should I say, sad to see.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were in trouble. We continue to burn the furniture and pull out the whips to make $$$.
    The trouble started when the markets went dry and there's no venture/private equity to continue to feed the pig. Why don't we get some top people in the company that have vision and can move the company before its too late.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

totally agree. I cover a metro area of a large city and the pressure is horrible. I am looking to leave. It is a nightmare. My advice, look around there has GOT to be better places than this.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much longer do we have?
    I hear that they just hired a new guy in the home office!
    What was he thinking.
    Well I guess this is better than unemployment,
    How much longer till were out of money.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still getting paid but my boss is riding me to make numbers.
    I'm not sure how long I can hold on.
    The people running this company have no vision!
    I'm not sure what the people who put money into us is expecting,
    But they have no clue how to make a company profitable.
    They just brought in a guy by the name of Joe!
    What does Joe know...............NOTHING.
    Go back to selling generics!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel sorry for the sales force @ SM. It's rough out there and harder when you've got managers putting pressure on. I know in sales there is alot of pressure, but the tactics used by the managing team @ SM is ridiculously silly and bush league. Textbook 101. I left SM over a year ago and looking back it made me realize how silly it was to buy into the pressure and BS the manager put on me. When you are in it at the time, it's real. But take a step back, you too will realize life is too short to deal with everything SM and it's managers have to offer. By the way, my manager was Kelly. She gave me such a clear vision of what I will never tolerate again in someone I work for - Thanks Kelly! At least you did one thing right.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are being sold at Costco - that is where our future is . . . More money : )