Current employee, NOT a PCC. Here are my complaints

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like most of the complaints about PPS as a company on this board are regarding illegal/fraudulent practices or pressure to hit sales numbers. I work in a small center, and I have never witnessed any intentionally fraudulent behavior, and that goes for my district managers. I'm not a PCC, so I don't get the sales pressure, but I do see that. That being said, I still hate this company and my job. I've been here for two years and because of personal issues, I have to stay a little longer, but I am counting down the days, believe me. Anyway, I made up my own list of "RUFKMs" (are you effin' kidding me) about my time at PPS. Feels good to vent.

1. PPS can afford a "world class team of lawyers" for this investigation but cannot afford to keep employees or salaries/commissions

2. We are only allowed to order supplies for our center twice a month, and it takes about 2 weeks to get said supplies. If we get them. Our orders are scrutinized and items are often removed without our knowledge. Then we end up with no concentrators or cannulas. We've had to purchase supplies from another DME provider in town on countless occasions.

3. I still can't get a straight answer from anyone in revenue or management regarding how much a nebulizer costs to rent. I think billing makes it up on a case by case basis.

4. While I'm on the topic of revenue...I've been told to contact the revenue manager for concerns or questions, and I've not once gotten a response back from her. I've emailed her three times. I've also been told we have one rep in revenue that we need to direct our questions to. When I emailed said rep, I got a canned email response back that said all questions for revenue need to go through my DOM. WTF? Apparently I'm not intelligent enough or important enough to ask the questions. Dumbasses.

5. I have had countless complaints from patients regarding our "patient pay" team, a nice word for collections. When I escalated these complaints to customer service manager Rob Fisher, I never onced got a response, or he once grilled me as if he didn't believe me and then never resolved the issue. Same thing happened when I complained to compliance - NOTHING. I continue to have patients switch to other providers because they can't deal with the rude collections calls anymore.

6. CEO and upper management seem to always send out emails concerning "feedback from the field," as if they are always listening and taking employee feedback to heart. I'm super curious as to who it is they are getting feedback from, cause my district has certainly never been heard, and we could give them an earful.

7. In 2 years, I've never met anyone else in the company or higher up than my DOM and DM. Field employees/centers are largely neglected. I feel like just a number because I'm not in Novato, Lexington or Bakersfield. I have never once felt like a valued or even an acknowledged employee.

8. My center has never passed an internal audit. After each audit, we go through the entire list and correct everything we've done wrong, and fix it going forward. Yet every time a new PPS auditor comes, they have new requirements that no one has ever heard of, making an audit impossible to pass. Like revenue, I think they make it up as they go along.

9. When I was interviewing, I was told there are countless opportunities for advancements, and they didn't anticipate me staying in my role very long as long as I did a good job. I now see I was naive to believe that. There is nowhere for me to go. And my job is boring as hell.

10. When I ask for more responsibility or for the opportunity to learn more about the company and other positions in the company, I get brushed off. Every. Single. Time. I'm just a piece of the assembly line. Advancement opportunity my ass.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love your post. You're clearly not someone with a wild agenda, and it's good to hear from a non-PCC. I too was/am a Center employee in an Operations role. I often feel like I'm "shoulting at the wind" with regards to billing or procedrual matters. Up until this past fall, we had one billing rep we worked with on a one to one basis. Our biller was very good and cooperative (although I know not all are, just like all Center employees are not created equal). Then we were told that was no longer the case, our billing calls were being cancelled, and all communucation had to go from me, to my DOM whould then communicate with the billing manager, and the information would get back to us. Even if the system works as it's diesgned, that's a stupid system. But in reality, I put my issues on a log, send them to my DOM, and never hear about them ever again. Keep in mind though, this wall of silence is only one way. The billing Reps are still allowed to e-mail ME 5-10 times a day about needed documents. Another example of the center personell being considered "less than" the people in Bakersfield, Novato, Tempe. etc.

Totally agree on trying to get a straight answer on pricing. Obviously SOMEONE in the company knows how much things cost because we send out bills. Why can't I ever talk to that guy? Instead it's always some sort of rough ballpark estimate we're forced to give patients.

The audit thing as well is dead on. We recently had another audit, and our score was only marginally better than the last one. But we lost points on completely different areas from last time. Things like posting no smoking signs are clearly common-sense, but they make it seem like administrative things like which binders certain forms go in are things we should just naturally pre-ordain, despite never having been given on guidance on any of it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, ya friggin turd, if u put half the effort in to your work that u put into that post, you might get somewhere. You won't.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn Straight! Couldn't have said it better myself.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you're obviously a Harvard scholar. I'm sure you'll go far. Do you always write and speak like you're some teenage kid texting on his cell phone?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hee, well I'm not sure I am a "friggin turd" as you so eloquently put it, however you are dead on that I am never getting anywhere, at least not as long as I'm with PPS.

Glad I'm not the only one frustrated with the revenue process. No wonder PPS is so far in the hole!