Cuts to Surgical sales force?

Discussion in 'Olympus Endoscopy' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know when and what changes are coming? Since they slashed and burned GI, heard rumors the remaining divisions are left....anyone know anything?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we are going to merge divisions and lose heads on the sales force. They want reps to quit because they are so cheap OLY won't pay for a decent severence. I can't believe how badly this company has wound up in the toilet bowel in such a short time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see big changes in the management structure on the surgical side. Not sure it will reduce headcount on the rep side, but look for far fewer managers on the surgical side.

Yes, this company is in a world of shit right now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Just wondering what they are waiting for. The first half performance is average at best. Wish they would make the changes already.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

best place to be in medical devices right now if you are on the energy side . THUNDERBEAT

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Endoscopy?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you stay at Olympus your career will be over. Get out now... Before it's too late.
    Olympus is a terrible company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Olympus is a terribly dishonest and cheap company, who will steal the clothes off your back, if you would let them! I hate all of the games and terrible management at Olympus. If you are smart, you will steer clear of Olympus!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15% workforce cuts coming 5/1/17.
    Olympus to announce at press conference later this afternoon.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a bunch of shit. Where is proof? No announcement, just made up crap by some imbecile. Quit trying to create more confusion and anxiety for people. We're all pissed that the brass of Olympus care only about how they are perceived by Japan. It is completely shallow and heartless to screw a ton of people who are the ones allowing them to show the profits, but so goes corporate America. At this point, you have two choices: stay here and let them continue to deteriorate the work environment or get the fuck out. I'm choosing the latter as I do not see it getting better. Olympus brass (Nacho, Pierre, Todd, etc.) do not deserve the good people to stick around and be de-valued each year. We can take all of our relationships and leave...and we should.

For prospective employees, beware the shit show you are walking into. You would have to currently be working in hell to think its better here...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. And the brass has been trying to aggressively grow while desperately trying to pull out of a tail spin. All while drastically cutting commissions. Great situation.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OCA Shitshow

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shit show inside and in the field. Marketing sucks apparently Upstream is moving out to Boston. Brooklyn Park will be manufacturing only - with douche bags still running the place. Fahy and Dobbs worst ever they should not be in charge of jack shit. Good luck losers you have the inmate running the asylum.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The worst NSM EVER! We are truly a ship with no Captain. Can someone please tell GVP from Energy Sean Moore that he needs to at least dress like a professional. All of us at the table said he looks like a mess "Literally " . Now I can see why the energy guys are miserable. Just look at the leader and how he presents his " BRAND " .

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The value of the NSM is what you make it to be. Blaming others for your position is weak....so weak.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right on brother

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well...what are you going to do about it? Cry on this message board? Please, if you are disgruntled, first, look in the mirror, and then do everyone a favor and leave the org.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is totally false SOD. There is no value whatsoever to the NSM. OCA gets huge tax breaks by calling the NSM education. It's ALL hot air & smoke & mirrors at the NSM. Followed up by swine food that I wouldn't feed a gerbil. The awards dinner is excruciatingly boring, and I would rather have my teeth drilled than listen to that crap. Olympus is a truly awful organization and I am resigning after 9 years. What a sh$$hole!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am GI rep, and could not believe Sean Moore presented him self the way he did at awards ceremony. He is leading the energy team? Now I understand why energy reps turnover in my area so much. We need to just sell of the energy side!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The people who hate the awards dinner are the ones who never get on stage. LOL! You're not resigning, you'll get fired before that happens. Yes keep looking for another job as you are nothing but a 9 year loser that can't even get a quota buster award. The reason your still here is you can't get another job. Yes let me say it again, you are a loser!