CV Franchise update

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Nov 20, 2017 at 10:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here we go again.

“Incremental adjustments that will improve our working model” I foresee CPR all over again. Back when we launched, certain territories were picked to pilot

Some overpaid executive took it upon himself to create a set target list for each rep, and no deviation was allowed.

So, any previous conversations or pending opportunities went down the toilet because we needed to see everyone once a week, every week. Some didn’t care, and some were pissed off because we were seeing them way to often.

Hopefully there will be some flexibility. I am sure my CV1 rep will be pissed if I get some of her key tar

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Novartis is trying to institute a culture change this is not a good start. Once again, letting a computer make decisions vs relying upon the rep, who is actually in the territory, to make sound business decisions. Problem is leadership once again thinks they are smarter then everyone in the room and needs no imput from the field. This has been the problem since launch and you can change your leaders but so far none of them have been any better then those who preceded them.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All looks good on paper ... maybe some of these people making decisions should
    Come out in the field with people . No milk runs to make yourself look stellar . Have them
    Really see what’s going on out here. Until they do that ... nothing will change

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does Fink do anything original? She is buying every fucking idea from every consultant she can to right this ship. First was Stem, then positive tension and now this shit. Just accept the fact Entresto isn’t going to be a multi billion dollar drug and layoff both the HAS and PDI team already.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was part of CPR and only hope it’s nothing like it. Our customers that we were forced to see every week were on the verge of kicking us out. There were very few that were ok with it

They made some of our team call on people that were academically based so we all know what that means.

Novartis keeps trying something new instead of giving it a chance? What kind of culture are they trying to instill? Maybe they’re going back to cookie cutter “same thing works everywhere”

Comical.. it’s like we have Hitler at the helm

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is just one of the incremental changes I wonder what the others will be. Hopefully a layoff.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, anyone have any updates? Corporate has been pretty quiet. Doesn’t necessarily mean good or bad, just wondering if anything is looming....

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Someone told me long ago
    There’s a calm before the storm
    I know, it’s been coming for sometime...”

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m getting the feeling no restructure will happen. I know it’s business as usual til the end, but they’re going overboard with NSM agenda no?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give it a bit of time. It ‘s coming.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

God I hope, and god I hope my ABL is part of it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis is a creature of habit. All you have to do is look at the history of how Novartis operates before a lay-off/RIF situation.
    1st- they hire a contract force to see if an increased share of voice will increase sales.
    2nd- they plaster you with new sales models.... of the same old sales models with a new name. And a new strategy of "tell the customer they must write the product more... or else".
    3rd- budgets get cut.
    4th- managers and H.O. Correspondence gets real quite. And field managers have a number of meetings that keep them in their office or at a meeting.
    5th- you get a STEM consultation program to tell senior management why sales are not meeting goals.
    6th- you get a notification that t you have a conference call out of the blue with no insight why.
    7th- a lay-off/ rif is communicated .... usually right before a major holiday and definitely before the start of a new year.
    8th- you wait for a call from a manager to tell you if you are in or out.

P.s probably to late to tell you.. but if you live is a area that is not as close to your key territory hub. You may get bumped out by "distance to targets" versus a counterpart.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is absolutely right on point. For the few that are left from 10 years ago, this could be their 28-20th time waiting for a lay off. With any luck the package will make it worth while

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow this is scary and probably all true

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sign up for UPS " Select"..... when the severance packages get sent out.. you will be notified that you have a shipment coming from Novartis usually like the Florham Parkway address. IF you get a notice of a shipment coming like this.. you have been let go. Fun with counterparts to see who and when they get the notice. The volume of the UPS shipments is unavoidable and is recorded so you will get a notice of a shipment if you are being payed-off. So if you get a notice like that...just quit working in the field cause the end is near.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know if there will be a lay-off or not. My betting instinct says about an 80% percent chance. Just keep in mind that if you are laid-off, it isn't not the end of the world. To Novartis you are just a number. More specifically, your employee number. For all the smoke they blow up your xxx that you are special, it is pure crap. If you get laid-off, don't take it personally. You will have not been the first and won't be the last. Novartis is not your family nor your friend. You are just a number.

Then the folks who survive, will go to a meeting and they will be told that they were hand selected to be the new sales force. If you or they believe that crap, sorry for you.

I have seen outstanding talent at all levels of the organization get let go. Novartis is a champion of wasting talent. And then they wonder why they can't launch a product successfully in the last 15 years and why they have poor sales performance and moral.

Now back to my glass of wine. Good luck to all of you, and god bless you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best post I’ve seen in here in months. Hats off to you for keeping it real. Most of these Novartians won’t be able to understand what you mean.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do we have an idea if Entresto is going to meet its budgeted goal for this trimester?
    I would guess a lot would hang on if company hits their numbers to keep Wall Street happy.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a chance.