CYMBALTA-- the new oxycontin??

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, May 30, 2007 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. When does the generic cymbalta come out?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh don't worry..it won't. Lilly will find another reason to get that pushed back by marketing it for some other bodily issue. Urinary incontinence anyone? Yeah, you should look that up...and find out that Lilly is poisoning people with in in clinical trials by making them take extreme amounts of it and then placebo-ing them for a few days. I have never EVER experienced anything like this in my life. I'm really grateful to have a supportive family to help me through this. This drug is a horror story with withdrawal symptoms that are akin to that of a hard drug. I can't believe I would have to ever go through something like this.

3. I am a chronic pain patient due to spinal injuries, and have been on OxyContin for 4 years. When taken as directed it has helped me have my life back. Depression is also a part of chronic pain. After trying several different antidepressants I am now on cymbalta. It is a low dose 20mg. And it is working just fine. I have no axe to grind with the pharmas making money. It costs money to develop new drugs... Billions. When they pay their quarterly dividends there are a lot of union people, moms and pops and little guys making a return on their investments. That's how the economy works. Gripe about their profits, but look at where the money goes. And look at the bottom line. They are getting ready to be hosed, with the rest of us, over Obama care. And, yes, all drugs have side effects. If you know something is addictive, make a withdrawal plan or don't use the drug. Real simple isn't it? The doc may prescribe it but he can't make you put it in your mouth. Weigh the benefits against the downside. OxyContin is addictive. I had a choice, be in perpetual pain or not. I choose to live pretty normally while taking it and cymbalta. You have your choices as well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a Lilly manager who is also a pharmacist the forum is perfect and the truth is evident I'm leaving this has been company so live on lifers

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you a company man ......Fool

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a manager and I'm reborn does that count ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen amigo I'm a manger and your right but we make a lot of money and retire rich from Lilly . Saludos. The Crazy Horseman

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was successfully on Cymbalta for about four years. I lost my insurance due to a layoff and could no longer afford the prescription. The 3 months that I was tapering off the drug was the absolute worst experience in my life. I was warned by my Dr. that this drug was similar to Effexor, if I ever needed to get off of it. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. The electrical shocks, nausea, and sever flu like symptoms were almost unbearable. Not too mention the crying and bouts of uncontrolled emotions. I'd rather be depressed than deal with that again... SCARY!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good call . I took it for Fibro and actually fixed things from stretching . Cymbalta , whatever it does. Takes your mind to a place that it should never be taken to . Say so you take Mushrooms . The next day , you see things in a good , different and positive perspective . Cymbalta obliterates your brain . I don't think the step down method would eliminate side effects . Best thing is to sit back , read Dante's "Inferno" and prepare for battle.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool I'll order a copy of the Inferno. Will it cost $400 a month. More or less with O-care?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey is weight gain or loss a side effect ???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same case with all these types of drugs...Zoloft is classic example, heavily promoted , cute little animated sales promo, just take a little pill, tons of samples and reps..every PC doc found it easy to write (don't have time to listen to anxious mom complain about rug rats and non helpful husband)..no side effects, mild! then try getting off it.. Head Zaps (google this up)..just keep taking them and get on Ambien (that one is only for 'infrequent' use for sleep)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

uuummmm.... to the DUMB ASS who posted [upon reading posts it's evident that the physician is the one at fault. as with most anti depressants, you have to taper off the drug. it is called seretonin syndrome. if you've experienced problems since you've discontinued Cymbalta then it's because someone didn't inform you as to how to properly do so. further, Cymbalta is the most studied neuroscience medication in history and of course, doesn't mean it's appropriate for everyone, however; when taken correctly according to its label it is the new "Prozac" (Prozac=fluoxetine Cymbalta=duloxetine)] using the term 'Seretonin Syndrome' for what happens when discontinuing Cymbalta (SSRI's, but none as bad as Cymbalta) you are dead-on WRONG!! Seretonin Syndrome and Cymbalta Discontinuation Syndrome are two VERY DIFFERENT things...so shut up and keep selling the shit Lily hired you for!...its very interesting and disturbing that seemingly ALL Lily reps are depressed & being treated with the very medications they are selling...wow, what suckers you guys are...allowing yourself to be diagnosed as depressed and treated like a guinea pig just so you can be the proof that 'this drug my company is selling is awesome, just look how it has changed my life!', you must put every one of your patients on it!! Yes other SSRI's have withdrawal type symptoms, but NONE compared to the hell that is getting off of Cymbalta!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lack of appetite, morning nausea, sweating, Oh I can count the ways Lilly drugs almost killed me. Very nice for a while but DO NOT UP THE DOSE WHEN IT STOPS WORKING.. taper off

16. I'm on cymbalta and was without for two days. I got dizzy as hell. Not good and my anxiety shot up. I'm back on it and feel good now.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what NONSENSE.

Here in Indiana the real opiod problem is OPANA which is contributing to the spread of HIV

Generally, victims get hooked on the prescription opiods, then when those run out and are not available, they opt for heroin.

It's a big problem. Twice as many deaths from prescription opiods as from heroin...

Go figure.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When liver explodes. You know it working! Thank you from PRC.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pharmacist is an idiot! Thank God that's not my pharmacist, I'd have to beat the hell out of them. And I agree, good luck in jail!
    I'm a nurse of 19 years. I work at a cardiology, surgical hospital. We have many MD's that want their patients on Cymbalta. I believe in it because I have seen the positive side of the medication. Every med can cause adverse effects upon stopping it suddenly. Hell, Norco is worse! I'm on Cymbalta myself and it helps my greatly. I'd rather take that and work that Norco and be drowsy and not able to make quick decisions that affect one's life! So get over yourself or freaking retire and do us all a favor!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have had major depression/anxiety etc and I agree with this pharmacist. Big pharma is killing our people every damn day, something needs to be done about this!