cynosure

Discussion in 'Hologic' started by anonymous, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is cynosure "what great looks like"?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We better hope not. It's sad to see what Hologic has turned into. It really is just a shell of what it used to be and what made the company so great. Sure Hologic overpaid for acquisitions under prior leadership and mistakes were made. The Board was probably right to request a CEO change. But the culture was good, we took care of customers and did the right thing for customers in every division and we were innovating and growing in critical sales areas of the company.

Now we have high turnover (not just on the rep level), increasingly unrealistic sales expectations and hardly ever put the customer first. Customers are noticing the difference and in some cases begging to flip their business to a competitor. The stock ticker sure looks good on a chart though...and that's really all that matters to the leaders here.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're one of the new people you might think it's okay at first because everyone keeps telling you that the old organization was so bad and the people had no talent but soon you realize it's not a fun place to be. If you're one of the longer time employees you are just scared you will be cut - a lot of good people have been thrown out over time since the CEO change. No loyalty here. Stock price has been one of the only good things but everyone wonders what's next.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said. I'm of the opinion that a lot of the success over the last 2-3 years were things already in motion from prior leadership or were just lucky breaks. Now is actually when we are seeing the true direction and impact of the new leadership team's decisions since taking over. A few examples:
    - Surgical - Fire the prior president and hire TO. Largest competitor has product issues and pulls from the market. Drives big growth numbers for the division. Lucky break, but good execution from division leadership to attack quickly and gain a lot of the available business. Also asking for price increases (current leadership decision) and we have minimal/no innovation.
    - Breast - Sorry, current leadership doesn't get credit for most of the success of selling 3D mammo over the last 3 years. It's a long sales cycle, so those deals were already in budget and in the funnel. Also lots of huge studies were in process and got published when new leadership came in. Those studies validated the technology and that helped drive the market. They deserve credit for a patient-centered marketing approach (Genius branding) as that is something that was needed and old leadership always said "no". For a new product launch, you come up with the 6000 and 9000 platforms. Really? And I think everyone knows what's happening in biopsy with new products there.... Again, this falls squarely on new leadership.
    - Diagnostic- A few big wins that were already in process, and this is a relatively predictable division in terms of revenue performance. Not sure much has changed or improved here as the growth has been stable since the acquisition.

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but I'd ask for specific examples of what they think new leadership has done. Keep in mind it takes a long time for changes to actually be seen- which reiterates my point that we are just now seeing the results of the new leaders' decisions and vision.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think cynosure is not "what great looks like." Nice acquisition fuck face.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so can anyone work for/sell cynosure? There is a girl in FL with no college degree thats works here and I cant figure out how she got hired bc I thought a degree was required? She is very unprofessional acting as well and it’s actually got me scared for the future here. Im just curious on this. Is this the direction we are heading in so they can pay new people less?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is training like here?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Cynosure a good sales position?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i heard it’s bad from former Cynosure friends and a recruiter just reached out stating a generous base of 30k....WTF

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The first week of training is spent at a local used car dealership (in your area) learning how to close the hard customers, and some self learning at home. Very similar sales tactics to the car folks, so helpful to watch those pros. They follow that up with a week at corporate, on in-depth product knowledge. You will be ready to roll after 1 month or so.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please tell me this isn’t true!?!