D&I is a JOKE at Genentech

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by white guy, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. white guy

white guy Guest

There are 24 officers in CMG, guess how many are white?

23. Yes, 23. That’s 96% of the officers at Genentech are WHITE. Let that sink in.

At every other level, 40% are non white. There are over 100 directors that are non white. NONE of them will make it to the inner officer circle. There is only one way to explain the marble ceiling: systemic racism.

this company is a company controlled by white people, owned by white people and treats diseases that inflict white people. It employees non white people to serve the white people.

there needs to be more urgency dealing with the “understood” racism inherit at the top level officers of Genentech.

This is obsoletely sickening and makes me sad!

2. Me too! There were 39 faces of people that are working on the D&I WPT team that Tamicka showed. These are people trying to fix the problem. Guess how many white men are on this WPT?

3 of 39 or 7.7%. LET THAT SINK IN!

AH spoke about allyship but that’s all he’s been doing........speaking about D&I. He basically got a bunch of non white males together and told them: fix your own problem...us white men have more important things to work on, girls! We will include a couple of us on your WPT to put out any fires you try to start and to ensure we take this slowly, step by step. This will take decade to fix, hopefully by that time, I’m 1000x richer than you are and retired and sipping margaritas in Baja California, Tamicka! ;)

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

speaking truth to power! more people should speak up about this issue!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Relax Malcolm X

if there were too many white guys, you’d bitch about that as well.

face it, you’ve been conditioned to complain no matter what, hence you are never happy.

DNA doesn’t care about color anyway. Diversity at DNA is defined by your LGBTQ ️‍ rating.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a foreign company that is privately held. They can do what they want. They don't have to listen to liberal complainers.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You shouldn’t talk. Borderline racist!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You woke braaaah!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Liberals are never happy as evident in this thread. It’s always a victim mentality. Don’t you love when the libs eat their own? Priceless.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like quota's. How about quota's in Football, baseball and basketball. 90% of players should be let go and replaced with white guys, gays, hispanics etc. And what about TV, BET, could a WET channel be tolerated?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More trash that would have never appeared on a GNE thread a few years ago.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The whole Economic system of The Crimson Tide, Gators, Volunteers, etc would collapse without those young black top recruits. But this generation is “woke”. F U pay us. Stay tuned.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pay us? You playing, bro? We already pay too many of you in these industries that require intelligence, of which your kind fail. Stay tuned....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. Does anyone know if these stats are true? If these are true, I am really ashamed to be working at a company. Like there is only one explanation that makes sense to explain it: it’s a deeply racist company that it’s knowingly wants to maintain and consolidate white power at the top for as long as possible.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a minority, I think this whole diversity thing at GNE is a really bad joke! Total window dressing to cover themselves. The D&I thing is so disingenuous that we might as well put Q on a 3 dollar bill. They put all the black people in these task forces to keep their mouths shout. I have no problem with the low number of blacks in our company. Not every industry reflects the general population in our nation. Our industry is a niche business. When you look at NFL and NBA, they are predominantly black. I don't hear white people complaining about inequality. Our industry traditionally appeals to more white people. It is just the reality that we have to be honest about. When we don't have qualified black applicants, we should not lower the bar just to bring up the number. If AH truly wanted the company to look like the customers we are calling on as he claimed, perhaps we need to put 70% Asian in our sales force. So how come they got rid of almost all of the Asian field managers and reps? Do they all have the wrong mindset?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa whoa whoa, king o sabee, the Roche SLT resents those remarks. You can have 6 anglos with differing opinions and therefore have diversity of thought. It has nothing to do with race or color. Apparently you don’t have the right mindset. Don’t look over here, look over there.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree and I'm also a minority. Thanks for spelling out the facts.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a scam, like BLM and Joe Biden “thinking for himself”

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said! As a black person, I am offended by these phony leaders who never miss a chance to use us as a token. I am almost certain that we have a lower % of minority than last year. So I am not sure what these D&I talks do for us. It only makes my co-workers more uncomfortable with the minority in the company. This corporate Tokenism needs to stop. It does nobody any favor. I am definitely leaving this phony place and let these white girls in SSF enjoy their phony inclusion projects. They are pathetically clueless and insulting.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree! I am black and was truly welcomed when I joined the old Genentech many years ago. I felt like I was among the elite in the industry and was treated as such. What happened here? We've created a problem that didn't exist. And these obnoxious D&I leaders? They don't speak for me! I'm leaving as soon as possible but very sad that the company I loved has been destroyed.