D&I is a JOKE at Genentech

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by white guy, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like the usual group of whiners are at it again. The sad part of all this is how radicals on the left are dividing all of us. The other sad part is we now have to look at bedroom sex status, gender, and color as the main factors in determining who is qualified for the next promotion. I would suggest if you feel this Company is racist you are either ignorant, a fool, or simply a bitter person. This company has bent over backwards to be inclusive of all employees, (except for older ones) yet you cry babies want to throw insults. My suggestion is if it bothers you this much please leave. You are not doing anything noble or constructive, so get over entitled self. Anyone here regardless of color is easily replaced. Embrace, and be grateful for what you have, not what you don’t. Go to work, and post your drivel on facebook to alienate what few friend's you have left.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Today I am yet again saddened. An email from QH, our Chief Diversity Officer was sent out in regard to the Breonna Taylor tragedy. She is upset with a court's decision, and blames things on systemic racism. I still believe our justice system is blind and fair. I would not dare express my views - it would be career limiting. Do I have bias - sure, doesn't everyone? Am I a racist, I don't think so. I strive to treat all equally and fair. Here's my issue. D&I can be used wrongly and this email is an example. The Kentucky Attorney General is an African-American, but this was written about him, "“He’s skin folk, but he is not kinfolk.” Can you imagine how his family feels? They should be proud of his professionalism and integrity. While there is disputing information on whether or not the the parent was a "no knock warrant", the police did loudly announce. This was witnessed by a third party. The police were shot at and one officer was shot. Imagine if you are a the police and you're being shot at. It is unfortunate that Breonna was killed. It was more likely because she was harboring drug dealers not the color of her skin. A white person harboring drug dealers and allowing their house to be used as a stash house could also get killed in a similar manner, and I'm sure it's happened. "The facts have been examined, and the grand jury, comprised of our peers and fellow residents, have made a decision. Justice is not often easy. It does not fit the mold of public opinion. And it does not conform to shifting standards. It answers only to the facts and to the law." My career would be ended if I spoke up about this to my peers and leadership. D&I is being used wrong at GNE.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And now two more police officers have been shot in "peaceful" protests. Police put lives on the line to protect our neighborhoods, but they are the evil, bad ones. They are now being hunted.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice to meet you, David Duke

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was the “Grand Jury” all White Males? What testimony was presented? The family of Ms. Taylor should be able to have an attorney present evidence to the Good Ole Boy Mysterious Grand Jury. Release the transcripts. A jury of my peers? Please. I’ll take Fox News Judge Napolitano‘s word.

Judge Andrew Napolitano during a Thursday interview argued he would have indicted all three officers involved in the death of Breonna Taylor, with the Fox News senior judicial analyst adding that the public may not be properly informed around what the grand jury heard during testimony.

The perspective comes after Kentucky prosecutors announced Wednesday its grand jury indicted one of three Louisville Metro police officers involved in Taylor's fatal shooting on three counts of wanton endangerment for firing shots into nearby apartments. Two other officers who were at the scene were not charged, with no charges filed in direct relation to the 26-year-old's death.

"The law that permits the police to return fire and to defend themselves does not permit them to shoot blindly, aimlessly where they can't see the target and they don't even know [who] or what they're shooting at," Napolitano told "The Briefing" host Dana Perino. "I would have indicted all three of them and let them assert their affirmative defenses at the time of trial."

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree and I am a person of color with law enforcement family members. QH is an embarrassment and she certainly doesn't speak for me. That type of email has NO place in the corporate setting. Rant all you want on FB, Twitter, you-name-it media but don't use Genentech as your bully pulpit. Sorry if the facts don't fit your narrative but I trust the justice system in this case. I have relatives who live in Louisville and the story that the media refuses to cover is quite different. Check the facts before you shoot off your mouth and try to act professionally for a change. And by the way drop the systemic racism BS. It doesn't help any of us. You've benefitted very well from your race, (and so have I). Glad I'm leaving this toxic place in a few weeks.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Companies and their management should never create a political environment that could alienate their employees. It is extremely inappropriate for QH to make that kind of statement regardless of how she feels. Publicly and on behalf of her company to disagree with the outcome of a grand jury decision is dangerous. inappropriate and out of bound. Sh eis out of control. The KY Attorney General is an African American. She may not agree or like the facts or the law. She has not business to represent her company to speak publicly. She is an embarrassment to this company. What a shame! Cancel QH.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't Roche bring this QH woman to this company? I remember seeing her for the first time at NSM. I thought it was a really bad joke. Frighteningly under-qualified and alarmingly embarrassing. What a disaster. As a black person, I am ashamed to stand next to her. She makes me very uncomfortable. She does not represent me or my black friends here. Time to look for another job elsewhere.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Queeta- tell your hoe daughter to not have a drug dealer with massive warrants as a boyfriend and she'll be aight

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too am a proud minority and frankly I cringe every time I see QH promote herself all over LinkedIn or other sources. It’s all fake, and I do t believe the promotion of her personal beliefs or her constant advertisements represent me at all.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The attorney general of Kentucky is part of my family. He’s a proud black man and encouraged my family every day to march in honor of Breonna. What happened to her is a travesty. Yet I’m scared to even say he is a member of my family because of emails and posts like those sent from our Chief Diversity Officer. Clearly a company wide email would have received executive approval. But LinkedIn messages, aren’t there policies around social media posts that prevent you representing the company with your personal views? Since when did Genentech become so politically slanted? Remaining politically active is important, and standing for policies for all is important in our industry. But slanting the company stance toward personal views is intolerable.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

QH should receive a severe reprimand. White employees would never get away with that type of message to the organization. This is not her personal company. Disgraceful and typically out of touch.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Socrates — 'When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.'

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I lost my job to a black person, but I am glad. They deserve the opportunity in light of what their distant ancestors had to endure.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do they still have the Black Only receptions at national meetings? What hypocrisy! How about White Only, Asian Only? Wouldn't get away with that!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Distant ancestor - not the here and now. My ancestors were persecuted but I'm not looking for reparations. It didn't happen to me personally nor did it happen to anyone living today. Move on.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! And don't forget the reception for the LGBTQ and their supporters. Hook ups for NSM. Brilliant!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're referring to the D&I reception, EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to attend. Last NFM probably 40% of the people there were non-minority. You should try stepping into a place where you are in the minority for a change, might do some good for you.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember, these White Men are industry wide and doing the hiring. Any coincidence they hire nothing but other White people?