Dallas interviews for Men’s Testosterone Drug

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Dec 11, 2019 at 4:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been on a few contracts with Syneos and I've found there are several reps over 50 that are hired. I'm in the midwest and I feel like the majority of reps are over 40. There's no doubt in my mind that MOST docs prefer mature, experienced reps that are intelligent and can bring value. There is at least a little more respect.

But with that said, I get it and I do think it's harder. I'm also a white female, upper 40s and I worry about it now. The concern is two-fold... Part of it is just "too much experience", you may want a higher salary, not be as hungry, etc. That's just the possible perception and why older reps are passed over. The other issue is who the hiring manager is and what THEY want... If they are a semi-arrogant man in their 30s or 40s, well, good luck! I was told by a DM in an interview that they worried a little bit about getting me passed the Regional Director... We talked in a round-about way about the demographics of the sales force and the "sweet spot" of experience the Regional Director was looking for. It was very much a "read between the lines" conversation on age. Heck, she went as far as to say if she hadn't been applying for a manager position there previously, that she probably wouldn't have been hired! (She was older than me). I chose myself not to move forward on that one!

But don't give up... Be careful with the dates on your resume (i.e. don't put the date you graduated from college or go back too far in your work experience). Just get your foot in the door for an interview an go from there! Be inergetic and convey your desire!
    Good luck!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before someone goes crazy on my spelling above... A pop-up ad was blocking my view of what I was typing, so I couldn't correct (*and and *energetic). They were typos... I'm a stickler on spelling myself! Lol.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, some of these position postings REQUIRE me to enter dates of college. The application actually won't even move forward without that information. To me, that is blatant age discrimination! I am in my 50's, been in the industry for a long time, know how to pick up a PI, train myself on the product, and go out and sell. You get what you pay for with an "older" employee. While I am still hungry, planning on working until I am 70, want promotions still, I do see in some companies when the hiring manager is in their 30's its just NOT going to happen. So I am just doing my interviews and giving each one an opportunity. I am trying not to get discouraged when I see a young manager, but I know it just isn't going to happen.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is well known in the medical literature that testosterone migrates and sequesters itself in the testies. This medication sequelae is well known in the oncology field with no known cure.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone get offers today?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No offers. Emailed recruiter - no reply. Called - no call back. no reason to be RUDE and unprofessional.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dear poster #39,
    Here was my experience - hiring manager/interviewer looked me over and was clearly trying to figure out my age. They went to the bottom of my resume and blurted out "There has got to be more to it than THAT!"
    I was shocked at the clear age discrimination. manager gave me no consideration despite my experience level, contacts and sales awards.
    I late saw who got the job - eye candy looked in their 20's or very early 30's, very thin, runway model type.
    waste of time for sure.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to Syneos. If you do land a job with a contract you will be let go in 2-24 months. Recruiters will treat you the same when that happens.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I fall into this category and was recently hired, however, I was the exception and bring significant experience that this manager needed. It is interesting that they would worry about age when the majority of contracts fade out after 2 years. Sometimes it just comes down to timing. Best of luck!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a past hiring manager there was never anything wrong with asking about college (my daughter didn't graduate until 29 so it can vary greatly), it was high school graduation that we avoided. Even then, asking age, in and of itself, is not illegal. I know Trader Joe's requires age right on their brief application. It is one of their first questions. Proving age discrimination is almost impossible. My guess is many times it has less to do with age than experience. Hiring managers do not like people that are more capable than they are at their job. Think about it, managers get accolades for "developing" their people. They need to show what "they did" to make you a top performer. It takes a confident manager to take on experienced performers.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My mistake was to have a brain in my head. Manager asked about complex managed care successes and I answered honestly with a detailed example . I was talking over their head. I was immediately sent to the airport.
    #ihirestupid

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Syneos always hires STUPID.
    If you can say pharmacokinetic profile, you will not be hired.
    If you know anything about product safety or drug interactions, you will not be hired.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why are you on this board and why did you interview with Syneos? Sounds like someone is bitter from not getting an offer. Instead of spreading hate go out and spread kindness and positivity - your life will change!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

maybe you should ask Philip Morris that question

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one is bitter ding dong poster. Just real and honest. I’m smart and experienced and was interviewed by a dumb as nails female that looked sloppy. I would not have hired her! I was also sent to the airport. Where does Syneos find these people? Shocking at how so unprofessional!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once again. If you are so smart and experienced then why are you on this board complaining? Use your time to speak to other managers about all of your awesome experience. If I had to guess it would be your attitude holding you back...
    Also, a lot of companies interview at airport hotels. Very common and something you should know being “so experienced”.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sore loser. Please stop pretending that this is a hard job. I discussed these topics in my interview and got the job.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This whole thread is full of toxic people with zero ability to self-reflect.