DBU giving out "does not meet expectations"

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, May 27, 2017 at 8:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2016 was a great year for me! Met all the company volume sales goals, team won a quota trip, lots of nice team awards given to me, hit CAT goals, contributed at meetings...you name it.

I was given a "does not meet expectations" and given no raise.

I didn't even know we had that has a rating.

Anyone else have this happen? I am shocked, to say the least and very upset about it. My manager told me I got it because our region decided to "rank" reps based on market share and my market share was not high enough. Of course, there were tons of people that had shares lower than me in the region.

I've been with Lilly long term but came from another division. Only asking now because we heard reps will be getting this rating in in future if they don't meet goal.

Is there some "quota' that managers have to give out this rating each year?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, the DBU needs just one excuse to rate someone not meeting expectations!! In your case you can have consistent growth etc. but have a lower SOM due to a variety of factors one of which could be formulary access and you will held accountable!! Just remember SOM trumps everything!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. I am im the same boat as you. Consistent growth and in the top for area but did not mean goal. So, not meeting expectations was given to me. I also come from another division. DBU is almost like another company. Not the lilly culture that we know.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you talking about 2016? Did you get it does not meet expectations for your 2017 check in?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why are you whining? Didn't you sign up for a sales position? Don't you know by now that in sales your only measured on the present. Just be glad your not in the Rhuem division as you'd be on your way out.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow and I'm so sorry!!! Did you meet the Lilly goals? VOB and CVM and quota trip? Or did you not meet the DBU "made up" market share goal that I was never told would be a metric for MyPM reviews. Did you get a raise? I did not.

Do you think that was a DNM quota the managers had to give?

So, I know this happened for 2016, but I'm not over it. I'm an outstanding rep and love this company and just don't understand why this was done.

Thank you for your kind response and for not being a jerk and telling me to quit whining or to forget 2016. Having that black mark on my record is huge to me and I would guess it is to you too.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome to 2017! The DBU is up to it again! I came from another division and these "leaders" in the DBU need To GO! Guess what, Lilly will NOT be the Diabetes leader in 2020 with semaglutide hitting the market! Lilly will need to get on more formularies if they want that to happen! How about those markets that have a high GLP-1 market! Novo is a GREAT company because they ALWAYS get on formularies where Lilly can't!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also came from another division. Diabetes division does not represent true lilly culture. Not meeting expectations for not making your quota is ridiculous. All territories are not created equally in terms of payer access. Additionally, some directors playing with vacations, sick days etc. Interpreting these lilly benefits as they see fit. Where is HR in all of this?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's face it folks, management in the DBU whether it be AD or DSM SUCK! People put in roles of responsibility are cowardly implementors who will not take a stand against the grain for anyone to include themselves! Seriously, look at the AD's throughout the nation, such poor examples of leaders with little to non personal character. SUCK, SUCK, SUCK....Lilly DBU SUCKS because the leadership sucks!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's face it folks, management in the DBU whether it be AD or DSM SUCK! People put in roles of responsibility are cowardly implementors who will not take a stand against the grain for anyone to include themselves! Seriously, look at the AD's throughout the nation, such poor examples of leaders with little to non personal character. SUCK, SUCK, SUCK....Lilly DBU SUCKS because the leadership sucks!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this has Dave N fingerprints written all over it. A weak leader who survived through loyalty to EC. It's amazing they are still playing the same games in DBU 10 years after they played them in Neuro. EC - Mason - Noesges. All are terrible human beings and liars. If you thought the dismantling of Neuroscience was spectacular just wait for DBU.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a mess and I have no idea if I should wait out the crap storm or leave. Our director is worse than all of them, I swear. Makes up rules and goals. Treats us like children. When I started working here, Lilly was an amazing place to work. Now? It's awful. DBU is following Neuro and it's starting to happen right now.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is your director's initials EB?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To say someone in the DBU does not meet expectations is like saying Rosie O'Donnell is fat.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is Rosie O'Donnell

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my district isn't in the new england area

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok this is why it is happening chances are you are over 50 and this is why you are getting a Not meeting expectations. Buy year end you and your counter parts will need to interviews for jobs as the DBU will be going through the first Ever right sizing exercise. Because the diabetes team hasn't gone through a down size...it will be happening this year. Winners will be the Diverse young people that get the positions left in diabetes. If over 49 and high salaried you will be told you are not compatible enough and that because of your "not meeting expectations" this past year, you will no longer be with Lilly as sales rep manager or other. Check with your teammates and you will see that almost every rep and manager and even director that received a "Not Meeting Expectations " are all over 50. This is the beginning of the end for you and DR is starting the year long process now. Good luck and learn to speak the diversity BS. Oh yea Adios amigo and amiga. There is Nothing you will be able to do because they have built the case against you even if you only need 6 mos for 80 points. Your retirement is toooo expensive and Lilly is not going to let you stay especially if your salary is way up there so Bye Bye and good luck. This is what happened to retail and neuro. Text book case for Any business school. Survival of the young and diverse. Check it out.