DC diabetes region leadership

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard of others in the Region that have similar stories. Some are gone already.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hear of the Napoleon Complex? Look at the RD and at least 2 of the DM's.....explain things?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the true reason he put a hate on the rep. Please keep us in the loop.

my manager is persecuting a woman because she called her out on meetings after 5. Some people say they track you on gas but I reckon that's a myth.

ps... my manager is a 5 foot 11 beach blonde with lots of work. Is there such a thing as a barbydoll complex?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was a person who I knew well who was forced out at the end of last year. This person retired so the forcing out wasn't a big deal. Sadly, this person had some personal issues to deal with and lost focus and motivation. The pod mates, instead of supporting or trying to work things out with this person went to the manager and threw the person under the bus. These pod mates have done this before. If you knew these people, you'd understand why they are as shallow as they come. Sucking up to the boss has been they're MO for years and the whole region knows it. Sad that these types get rewarded and most of the rank and file of reps, good people all, are getting SH*TTED upon by managers.
    I hate it here and am praying every night that my resume will open a door to a new life without Sanofi.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe DC leaders are taking BRs words to heart.

I heard last year at a managers meeting when Lantus was losing share (or at least not performing up to expectations nationally) BR asked managers in the room "How many of you have reps on a coaching plan?" Not many managers raised their hand. BR says "why not?" Implying it's the reps fault.

Lantus isn't performing up to expectations so it must be the reps fault, right?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, who is getting bullied by the DC managers this week? Know 1 person let go last week. Who is next?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is happening in Florida too. The morale is at an all time low with some managers who do not know how to manage people. Once happy, functional teams, are now spending their time trying to manage the manager, instead of selling. Leadership is too blind to see that the old fear tactics do not motivate people.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. A certain VA DM has perfected this fear tactic approach. it's a shame that the company leadership thinks this is the way to go.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't lead a dog on a leash!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been following this post for a couple of weeks. I have this to say. Sanofi is not really trying to use fear tactics. They are just stupid. Rock dumb. Helloo no one home empty cretin level. So really they cannot be held accountable because they have been running the same play book on everything including launches, marketing, everything since they became the worst shit company in the industry(that was at inception to be clear). If they had not bought Aventis they would not even exist at this point having never brought to market a succesful product of their own.They should listen to own advice and work on some continuous improvement strategies. That being said it is up to you the employee to not be afraid and to not be manipulated. Just go out there and automaton your way through your day. Turbocharge your calls whatever. Do the best you can and have no fear. They have no idea what they are doing. Which means you have at best a 50-50 shot of keeping your job long-term anyway. So Who Cares??
    Managers have no idea what leadership even wants as all they get in the way of direction is something that sounds like it might be super coded for security. Again, i would suggest that the lack of real direction from above is not an accident. If leadership leads by weird, coded suggestions that are up for interpretation then all leadership has to say when shit goes wrong is "hey that wasn't my idea, I never said to do that." By leadership I am sure you all know who I mean. Pathetic. Don't let the kids in the back of the classroom beating their heads against the wall bother you. And for God's sake don't start beating YOUR head against the wall because they are.
    Stay strong. And maybe find a better company to work for. Perhaps a company that will stand up and say I believe in our employees. We have the right people to take us into the future. And if they don't want to say that then I implore them to look in the mirror when suggesting that the current people in board are NOT the right fit. Perhaps THEY are not the right fit.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am laughing right now thinking that the people currently employed here in sales need to be super competent to make up for weaknesses in "other areas" and also that if they don't like current field sales that is gonna be a big problem for them. Who in the hell are they going to hire? Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy. They come and they go. But mostly they go. You can make more money driving a bread truck than taking a job here. If you know what I mean. LMAO!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love this paragraph and I completely agree. Lots of coded generalities with just a hint of direction to make it seem like they said something. But can easily be turned into "I never said that" or "I thought we talked about this last time". I am going to have to work on tuning out those damn kids in the back of the classroom - but they are so annoying!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You all are giving our "Leadership" team way too much credit!! To be a leadership team one would have to have the ability to lead and we know that is not the case! They could not lead their way out of a paperbag!! They SUCK!! We should get rid of ALL mid-level, non revenue producing "leaders"!! Now that's how you increase profits!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10 leadership failure inducing behaviors

1.Inability to organize details-HIHO HILO, turbocharge, this region has too many high level platitudes with little thought to territory level details

2.Unwillingness to do that which you ask of others - been a while since any of these "leaders" rolled up their sleeves to do anything other than observe and critique, and usually then from a report and not the field

3. Expectation of pay for what you know rather than what you do - again these anti-leaders point to what they see in the reports and call it leadership, most of us can read a spreadsheet by now, how about you come into the field and "do"! Be a partner and develop solutions, participate and be part if the answer to the myriad if problems you point out!

4. Fear of competition - all the evils if group think going on as PD surrounding himself with DSMs that don't challenge him or at least point out flaws, afraid of competition from his teams keeps any direction applicable only to a hotel meeting room

5. Lack of imagination - turbocharge as a direction...Nuff said!
    6. Selfishness - hard to ping them on not spreading the credit for successes, but then again there just haven't been a lot
    7. Intemperance, over indulgence - have you seen any of them at a meeting?
    8. Disloyalty - go find a high performer now in another division or company and ask them how they were treated
    9. Emphasis on the "authority" of leadership - fear based leadership on a dramatic upswing, compounding the poor leadership habits at the foundation, adhere or disappear!
    10. Emphasis on title - because we freakin told you to that's why

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn ...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit whining and just quit...put yourself out of your misery or put on your boots, stop blaming others wether they deserve it or not, go out and sell!
    You are lucky to be selling Lantus, thousands of reps would love to be selling something that is actually different than competitors, and not just some advertising agency creation! Grow up and so your job!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This from a DSM or a DSMs bitch

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The people lucky to be selling Lantis is management. This level of misguided and ineffective management would have killed a lesser product.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great summary.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a member of this region and I have been following this thread for several weeks. I have been around for some time; therefore have seen multiple changes in leadership, strategies and tactics, messaging, and the morale of the region, as best as I can ascertain. I thought i would finally put my 2 cents in as I feel I have earned the right to do so.

First off, most all what has been posted is absolutely true. I don't think attacking certain individuals, although seemingly warranted, is the answer but just some people wanting to vent their frustrations over the poor leadership demonstrated in the region these past few years. I get that but attacks isn't the answer. The RD. Ass't AD, and several managers mentioned are not going to change. They are wired to think only of themselves in crunch time. That is their selfishness run wild ;these are the types of people with big ego's, who are never wrong, and who never see anything but good when they look in the mirror; it is their true nature coming through. Attacks won't change a thing. ( Ya'll notice I got my venting out of the way!) Best just to work the best you can with them and hope fate ( or karma) runs it's course. BTW... Shame on those who are throwing teammates under the bus....Shame. There once was a time where the culture allowed for correction without doing this.

Embrace your own integrity as those try to take it from you. Be patient; someone in senior management has to see this sooner or later. And then, there is the fear we all live with of being displaced. We cannot change that. We can however prepare for this emotionally, financially, and organizationally with resume and networks ready.

I wish us all the best...we deserve it!