DCS’2’s next on chopping block

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Jan 17, 2019 at 9:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Next round of cuts, DCS 2’s

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It appears that way since we've been excluded from Ozempic. Leads me to believe it if we get oral, the same will happen again. With them not paying us on Levemir since Launch and still rebating it on ALL plans, we compete against ourselves more than anything. Dosing confuses doctors and they revert to Levemir. They make millions on it while we get no bonus for 2 years. Seems like a neon flashing sign to me... Even now with the "New" directives - Beat Glargine, Mitigate Levemir, and Win Vial, it feels very antiquated. Historically, we never won vial or new start over Glargine but we're going to try again... This company is so behind. Thank goodness we got the $5 cards, but it's mid January and we don't have them while doctors are starting 90 say prescriptions on other products. My business plan was due in December. Where was yours?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But remember, we’re all trailblazers

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a DCS2, I welcome it. Pay me and I will leave.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novo will never walk away from insulin. They recently bought the rights to possibly the first ever glucose dependent insulin.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

walk away, or not promote it?
    Two different things. Levemir isn’t being promoted, yet NNI didn’t walk away from it.
    If you think that Novo is going to continue to have a salesforce promote Basal, you are clueless.
    All about contracts and price.
    How is Levemir now growing faster than anyone but Basaglar?
    Could it be that NNI discounted it as 2nd behind Basaglar? After terminating LTC force.
    All while, having reps (DCS/EDCS)now sell Tresiba against Levemir for Hypo Events.
    Wise Up.
    It’s ok.
    Novo is a GLP Company now.
    We could be in a worse situation.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20% cut to sales force, will be announced in October

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds more like a rumor plant than fact but the sales force does still need to shrink. Way too many people overlapping each other in geos and customers. A hiring feeeze would be good versus continuing to hire and then let go

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marching orders for DBM’s is clear. Bottom 20% for all sleeves will be given Does Not Meet Expectations and half of all those will be put on action plans. Executive VP’s have a clear path to either run 20% of the field out or manage them out. Denmark wants cuts but doesn’t want more layoffs.—— it’s going to get as bad as its ever been.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why doesn’t the executive team start by getting rid of the crappy leadership at the top. Every rep knows that they view the company based on how their boss views the company. So maybe get rid of the shitty VP’s and RBD’s that do nothing but put pressure on the DM’s to get rid of some reps. The upper management doesn’t understand anything about what goes on in the field. They just make a decision without the full story and that’s not Leadership.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s the ‘full story’ you hope they know? If you underperform every POA, then that’s the only story that matters. This is a business, and you get paid to perform, even if you’re in a market that’s difficult. When you don’t perform, they’re going to ask you to leave. That’s just reality. You might think no one can do well in your market, but I promise you that’s something the company will keep trying to find out. It’s just business.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you have no clue. my territory business was made up of 50% completely shut out offices. of those 50% i could only see about 30% of those folks. give me that 30% only im making COE every year. include the rest and im dirt. Dont tell me to try harder in the other offices cause i have for 10yrs and other competitors have too and no where. so shut it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re making a case for not really needing a rep in your area then...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s very cut and dried! No discussions, no robust calibrations, no nonsense. Bottom 20% of field sales get DNM and bottom 10% get put on a plan. Pretty simple. Top 10% get Leading IF and only IF they have the competencies to back them up. No more good guy awards! Managers hate it and RBD’s hate it and for sure the field will hate it. Cage Match calibrations and ratings are part of the new operating model put in place by the VP’s. Welcome aboard!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol my thoughts exactly!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not sure you even read what I wrote. Your territory being hard doesn’t matter to anyone except you. You either hit your goals and stay employed or you don’t. That’s what being in sales is about. There’s no one waiting to cut you any slack because you have difficult access. I’m not saying this is fair or anything else....it is what it is.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Executive management making decisions "without the full story" happens in every industry, not just pharma. I've heard your tired old complaint of getting rid of the Execs at the top too many times to count and I've heard it said in multiple industries. Newsflash - Firing execs never happens. The problem with your complaint is that the execs are in the drivers seat, not you.

As another poster pointed out, it's not personal, it's just business. They simply look at the numbers, you either made them or you didn't. The "whole story" is not factored into the decision as to whether or not somebody stays or goes.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Executive management making decisions "without the full story" happens in every industry, not just pharma. I've heard your tired old complaint of getting rid of the Execs at the top too many times to count and I've heard it said in multiple industries. Newsflash - Firing execs never happens. The problem with your complaint is that the execs are in the drivers seat, not you.

As another poster pointed out, it's not personal, it's just business. They simply look at the numbers, you either made them or you didn't. The "whole story" is not factored into the decision as to whether or not somebody stays or goes.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Confirmed. Truth. Grab your ankles!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re not getting screwed, no matter how you look at it. If you’re in the bottom 20%, you did not meet expectations. Period. Again, you are in sales. This is how it works.