DDI Interview

Discussion in 'Innovex' started by Anonymous, Jun 1, 2009 at 7:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight on this would be helpful. Is the DDI interview the same for all contracts?

Is it trick questions on scenarios that never happen in the field? I hate this bull shit test.

Thanks in advance

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DDI is an outside agency used by Innovex for screening. They know nothing of the contract and can't answer any questions.

They will ask from 3-5 STAR format questions (do a search for STAR) which are very easy if you have sold anything. There are no trick questions. Just take your time and all will go well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DDI is an outside agency used by Innovex for screening. They know nothing of the contract and can't answer any questions.

They will ask from 3-5 STAR format questions (do a search for STAR) which are very easy if you have sold anything. There are no trick questions. Just take your time and all will go well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. Been in pharma for 14 years out for 2 years looking to get back in. I know, I must be crazy. 3-5 STAR questions will be easy. They told me it will take 1 hour to complete?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, based on my last experience, it's much closer to a 30 minute call. There are points attached to the completeness of the answer, so it's always best to include as much as possible in your answer. A good idea is to think of how the scenario affects everyone involved in the question posed. Just as an example... once you have provided your hypothetical answer, think of how each entity will be impacted positively, and verbalize it. How will the sale be impacted, your counterpart, the physician, the office staff, future visits, etc. This will help you insure that you've gained as many points as possible. You know the call screener isn't going to stop you, or say "good job", so your best bet is just to be as complete as possible while supporting your answer and being specific.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are current employee of the company and moving to a new contract do you have to do this as well? I can not remember the original questions think they will be the same?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were with the company in the last 6-7 months, they won't do the DDI interview. They'll use the score from your prior DDI. At least that is how they've done it for 6240... layed off 12-08.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had DDI screen..havent heard anything back..I was told a few days before the f2f would be week of July 20..havent heard anything..has anyone heard????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your post is a bit confusing. What contract did you apply for? Were you a former NQ rep on another contract?

You say you had your DDI. How long ago? You mentioned you were told the F2F would be the week of July 20th, so that makes me think you are speaking of the Gastro contract, or perhaps another position that is coincidentally scheduled for the week of the 20th.

I'm a former NQ rep. I applied for the Gastro Specialty position and was told they would skip the DDI and use my past score. I was also told that the Gastro interviews would begin 7/20, however I haven't heard anything further. 7/20 is 2 weeks from Monday, so I would expect to hear something soon. I'm currently interviewing with another company (just started the process), but am still interested in hearing from NQ. Anyway, hope you get the call you're waiting for.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took the DDI computer assesment today. Who knows if I will make it to the next round.

Normally, how much time elapses before moving to the phone screen?

I hate those personality tests!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did phone screen first and then DDI assessment

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It may depend on the contract. I spoke with the recruiter who asked me what my current job entailed and why I was looking to leave my current job. After those two questions, he sent me a link to the DDI and the online application. I am also waiting to hear back about the process.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometimes it just depends on how quickly they are trying to fill positions, and at what point your contacted, and by whom. I actually had my face to face first, and returned home only to have to do the DDI questions. Just to be clear, that was for a position on one of the contracts LAST YEAR. It was frustrating because the interview had already gone well, but fortunately it worked out fine and I got the position. Just pointing out that it does sometimes occur out of order. Good luck going forward.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DDI Phone interview is really quite unessisary post interview.

It is a series of questions that seasoned reps will feel foolish answering. I mean seriously it's like those nerdy role playing games.
    Ex. You are placed in a vacant territory that has been so for quite a while, what are your priorities? Let's see if there is a King, I make an appontment and persuade him into declaring(insert drug) day and that everyone should be on it by the end of the month. Info that would help- what type of drug, what are the target clinicians, coverage etc... that will determine priorities.
    These might be important for pre screening but post interview, especially for proven reps, it is a waste of time and resources. Personality tests I think are still of considerable value to provide fit, but these situation questions are not a good measure of drive, real skill and least of all determination. If you don't trust the judgement of your managers who interview, maybe they shouldn't be in those positions. Or maybe this need just speaks volumes for the organization in general.