DE Pgm to end

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I certainly hope that is not true because I can’t see why anyone in their right mind would take the chance of getting fired by sharing something not reported to HR with a sales colleague who already thinks they should be fired. That’s would be stupid. Conflict of interest reports were made and these activities are approved. These are clinicians keeping up their licenses since teachable moments are no longer occurring in the program. Contact HR yourself and find out the truth or report what you know. If not reported and you know something, you are obligated to report.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These type of comments are just foolish. We are not in charge. The company has reasons for why they have educators. Most likely it is to roll with the changes in Pharma in which companies look to “partner” with providers and health systems. Clinicians are passionate about helping patients. They are “sales” people selling improved diabetes care and adherence to the standards of care. The reality is the US has 30-50% of DM pts above 9% A1c. Doctors only see patients in front of them and don’t realize the number of high-risk pts they have. Educators are getting providers to see a need to advance therapy. How else to get pts to goal but with insulin and GLP1. We have the BEST meds at Novo and educators do “sell” the products. They don’t detail the studies with data but paint a picture from a pt perspective. ET is adding to the educators’ knowledge and skills wheelhouse by providing branded data, having access to med coverage, no more limitations on product discussions, more “selling skills” training, more training to increase business acumen, more integration with sales, and an already purchased extensive CV certificate training scheduled for the end of the year. Sick of hearing about DEs having to go or sales having to go. Anyone having to go for that matter. This is a business and whatever decisions will be made will impact all of us. We are all equally anxious. We all have a role to play and shouldn’t be wasting time discrediting each other. Just do your job and stick together. No matter what department you work in.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Teammates"??
    Are you kidding me???
    I cant count the number times I've read posts by DCS's that want the DE's fired. Comments like "fire all of the DE's, no added value, get in the way, do nothing, cant sell", and on and on!
    Don't give me that "Teammate" bullshit!
    If you as a DCS end up being collateral damage from a former Novo DE extracting their revenge on Novo, then that's your tough shit.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These type of comments are just foolish. We are not in charge. The company has reasons for why they have educators. Most likely it is to roll with the changes in Pharma in which companies look to “partner” with providers and health systems. Clinicians are passionate about helping patients. They are “sales” people selling improved diabetes care and adherence to the standards of care. The reality is the US has 30-50% of DM pts above 9% A1c. Doctors only see patients in front of them and don’t realize the number of high-risk pts they have. Educators are getting providers to see a need to advance therapy. How else to get pts to goal but with insulin and GLP1. We have the BEST meds at Novo and educators do “sell” the products. They don’t detail the studies with data but paint a picture from a pt perspective. ET is adding to the educators’ knowledge and skills wheelhouse by providing branded data, having access to med coverage, no more limitations on product discussions, more “selling skills” training, more training to increase business acumen, more integration with sales, and an already purchased extensive CV certificate training scheduled for the end of the year. Sick of hearing about DEs having to go or sales having to go. Anyone having to go for that matter. This is a business and whatever decisions will be made will impact all of us. We are all equally anxious. We all have a role to play and shouldn’t be wasting time discrediting each other. Just do your job and stick together. No matter what department you work in.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am so sick of hearing the educators should go (or anyone should go for that matter). I think it is safe to say ET is not on CP so let it be known that “we” are not ET. We don’t know the Reasons why they do what they do. Maybe they have educators to try and create a different approach in pharma to be a “partner” to HCPs and HSs.

We just formed a partnership with ADA and AHA. ET is building the educators selling skills and business acumen, adding brand and coverage information to their wheelhouse, incorporating them more with sales, continuously forcing them to work with sales to “close the deal” on products in spite of sales wanting nothing to do with educators. Educators “sell” every day. They sell use of standard guidelines to empower providers to be more aggressive at managing diabetes with insulin and GLP1. They create awareness of the extent of poorly controlled pts in the US and in HCPs own practices. They “sell” NN products features/benefits at every chance from a practical patient and adherence perspective. There are NO BOUNDARIES as to what they can/can’t anymore however they are REQUIRED to re-connect with the sales team to get the product win.

Most don’t care about recognition and have a true passion to make a difference and help people. They reach out to sales with little or no response most of the time. ET Is essentially giving the educators all the tools to be reps including investing in an extensive CV training certificate planned for the end of this year.

Educators can still work as clinicians if fired but Novo has the BEST products and getting revenge by not seeing reps is just poor class.

We all have a role to play in this company and the ET will run the business how they please and we need to accept it. That means, finally accepting if the DEs do stay. How many years will we have to hear the bitching?

Downsizing impacts all of us so let’s stop wasting time pointing fingers and individually accept responsibility for our own jobs, consider others’ anxiety and stress in this process and stick together in these hard times. No matter what department you work in. Good luck to everyone.

EVERYONE!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. No one should lose their job. But it’s a reality of what might occur. NNI would be smart to find a way to keep the DEs on board. But perhaps they should look at alignment and find a better way to deploy them WITH sales.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, yes, and yes to the above comments. The educators are excellent at having passionate and meaningful clinical discussions. Our sales people are excellent at representing our drugs. Our world-class drugs. There’s a world where NNI SALES & DEs can be deployed TOGETHER in order to best get our drugs to the patients who need them. But bashing each other and always saying “he should go (not me)” is just unnecessary and heartless.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look- it's probably a post from someone who doesn't even work here- that's how this site works. Lilly and Sanofi axe'd their DE programs because they cannot afford to support that service- period.

I love our DEs that we work with in our area. They are skilled and passionate about helping patients, offices love them, they provide value to our providers and patients, and they are viewed as an integral part of our team.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a great clinician you are! An angry laid off worker who is supposed to be about the patient.

No wonder they are ending the program.

You don’t have that much influence. If you did you wouldn’t have come to Novo, sweet pea. Now, go pretend you make a difference and wait for your package.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, growwwwwww up.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be too sure about about not having much influence. I've already seen this sort of thing happen.

Approximately 8 or 9 years ago, a DE that I worked with abruptly left Novo. I heard she got another job working at a HCS outside of my territory. I didn't see or hear from her for a while and another DE was hired to replace her.

One day I walked into a diabetes clinic that I call on, and there was the woman who had formerly worked for Novo as a DE. She said she was now the newly hired director of the diabetes education program at that hospital.

She took me aside and in no uncertain terms told me that I "need not stop by anymore". I left feeling totally confused, so I called the DE that had replaced her and asked if she knew her predecessor was now working at the diabetes clinic. The new DE told me that she "had just been there two days ago", and warned me not to go there! I asked my DE "What's the problem?" The DE replied, "I don't know but I think she's really pissed off at Novo Nordisk"...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I wrote the post above, I thought about adding a couple of sentences as to why I felt the need to retaliate against Novo if I get laid off. I didnt do it because I was sure nobody would be sympathetic to what my personal situation. (Nor should they be and dont have to be sympathetic)

I LIKE being a DE. This job is the best job I've ever had. I get a lot of personal satisfaction from helping patients and office staff work with.

This job pays the best of any job I've ever had. Regional hospitals cant match my pay. And then there's Novo's benefits package. It's the best one I've ever had. Hospital benefits aren't that bad, but they cant match Novo's.

Then there's the car. Before I worked for Novo, I rode around in a beat up pile of junk that cost me a fortune to keep fixing. Now, I dont have a car payment, no repair bills, no car insurance bill to pay, and I'm driving a nice new car.

My financial situation is a lot better than it was when I was working for a hospital that was about to close it's doors due to financial problems. (They had stopped giving pay increases to the employees)

I'm a single mom who kids depend on me very much. If I get the rug pulled out from under my feet, for having done nothing but my job (which I do very well) then I'm going to blame Novo's senior management and take whatever steps I feel necessary. Even if those steps have little to no effect on Novo's bottom line and have a negative impact on other Novo employees that didnt do anything bad to me. Make no mistake, I want to keep my job and I dont want to have to retaliate against Novo, but I will do it if push comes to shove.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From one DE to another, retaliation is not the answer. Will that really make you feel better about the situation if you lose your job??? No. Focus your energies elsewhere. Like finding another great job that uses your skills and taking care of your family.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks! Great advice. That's exactly what I'm planning on doing! That said, I'm also planning on having my cake and eat it too!

If I get laid off, while I'm having a good time enjoying my new job, I'm going to absolutely love extracting my revenge on Novo!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People need to understand something.

When I fired that shot across Novo's bow about me retaliating against them for me possibly being laid off, I was laughing out loud while I was typing it. Nobody saw the word "bitter" in that post.

Sure, I'll be is pissed off at Novo, but I'll also be laughing my head off every time I kick a Novo DCS's ass out of the office I'm working in.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One more thing and then I'm done. Promise!

You don't really think I'll get to kick a Novo DCS's ass too many times, do you? I don't because I'm sure the word will spread like wildfire among DCS's not to stick their noses in that office where I'm working! LOL!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okkkk Troll.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, your newfound potential power over people is intoxicating, isn't it?

Good luck being miserable in your new life, and come back and let us know how that's working for you.