Dear doctor

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's make this short and sweet.

Dear Doctor:

Why did you become a dentist to begin with? Was it to count nickels?

Did you at one time have dreams and goals, a vision? If so what were they and are you achieving them? Simple economics and logic let us know that your assistant takes more than 2 minutes to check prices. Also, you can not save your way to success. If you were to work with your rep they would probably let you know they could increase your revenue 10% in one year. Now if you have a million dollar office, then that is $100,000. Which would you rather concern yourself with? Making 10% more or saving 10% a year on 5-7% of your budget which is about $50k-$70k in supplies so that equates to saving about $5k-$7k a year. Again, increase production 10% or save 10% of 5-7% of your budget?

Or from the example above $100,000 vs. $5,000 - $7,000.

If the rep does that, then the $5,000 - $7,000 you spend in supplies is well worth it and now you have a new employee for your office who you don't have to pay overtime to, never worry about them being late to work, taking off time for being sick, you don't have to pay benefits to them, and their salary ends up being about $583 a month ($7,000 / 12). Oh the best part is if they don't do what they say they were going to do, you can fire them and not pay them unemployment.

So think about this scenario the next time you are having your assistant look at different websites. Because at $583 per month it doesn't take very long at her salary to reach that when she could have been helping you raise production or doing recall phone calls.

Thanks doc!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear sales person,

Thank you for your lecture. It certainly was an amusing read. Did they teach you that arithmetical logic at your last job at the mall cell phone kiosk ?

I don't care about any of that. I will run my business My Way, thank you.

How much is a box of 2 x 2 delivered to my door ? That's all I want to know from you.

Save the dazzling lecture for the shmuck down the hall. I'll manage my staff and they will do what I tell them or they will hit the road.

Get it ? Now, How Much is that box of cotton ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear lecturing salesperson,

Since our last mesage, your competitor was in and said she would beat your price by 5 % no matter what it is and she would provide free shipping and 45 day billing.

Can you beat that ?

* Please get back asap with your price on the 2 x 2 cotton.

We need to order.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, I almost forgot,

Is THAR short and sweet enough for YOU, rookie ?

I'm waiting. . .

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear PDCO New Rep,

You will have 0% chance to engage your "scratch" territory customers in this discussion.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terrible career move! Had to be a step up from greeter at Walmart though

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP was spot on and that is the EXACT conversation to have with clients who don't realize they are wasting time going all over.

Also, ask the doctor if they want patients who would bring in their own x-rays to save money and offer to do their own cleanings, could they just use the scaler. If you deal with DDS who complain to you that their patients don't want to pay for their services then you expect them to value your service as a TR? Not going to work, move on and spend your time with docs that aren't cheap and are more focused on clinical vs. saving a nickel.

I doubt the above response is from a real DDS but from some low performing TR who hasn't been able to break through. Sadly it may be an experienced TR who just doesn't grow their territory and is just an order taker, in any event, they need to move on. Those who responded as TRs are really in the wrong and need to reconsider their career.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Broken, unsustainable business model- even w/ expansion into med/vet. Quite simply, there is no differentiation strategy. With the premium PDCO charges- a DDS can hire a consultant to help grow their business and still save money.

Lets see what happens when the 'old guard' retires. It will be interesting to watch what happens to Patterson 10 years from now (even w/ the new 'technology center').

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes a 3.5 billion dollar failure that continues to see revenue growth, market share increase and stock value growth.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets see.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much for the 2 x 2 cotton ?

Still waiting.

You people are useless. Get out of my office and never come back.

No wonder you can't make a decent living.

Idiot.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the new guard steps in.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as they just "go to the Buick" they'll be fine.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obvious a few who were unable to make it in the competitive dental sales market. UNfortunately coming on this board to bitch is not going to make you successful. You failed where many others succeed and that has nothing to do with the people at PDCo. Most people in your shoes go through a series of failures and then realize they are not cut out for the business world. PDCO is a huge succees and history shows that clearly. With all successes there are detractors and naysayers as well as the individual failures. It goes with the territory. Hopefully one day you will move on from being let go from PDCO and find something you are good at.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's about making money! Plain and simple.... You don't make jack here no matter how you perform. This will always be a "stepping stone" job. Some make it a career but most move in with in 2 years.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 15, 20 and 30 year employees all have made no money over the years, exactly. PDCO pays based on SALES. You sell more you make more. You don't sell and yes you make dick for money- like you did. Too many people believe things should just be given to them and that they are entitled. This is not the person who will succeed in a competitive business environment like PDCO. You failed because you couldn't sell. You couldn't sell because you didn't put the effort in and/or you lacked the skill or motivation. That is what it amounts to. You sell and are willing to work you do well. You weren't not able to cut it so you were shit canned. Now you come on a rep board to proclaim a 3.5 billion company is a failure. Go start or go run your own 3.5 billion company, no one at Patterson needs you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sold. Bring on the Test (make that Tests!).

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please have enough character to be honest about the opportunity.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Please have enough character to be honest about the opportunity."

No Problem: Belch fart.

Repeat.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like I said. The reps make jack, the managers make jack,
    Etc.... Patterson does just fine because they can hire talentless r*****s who think making 80k a year is great income for a Sales Professional. You are humorous next batch of look aid should be ready tomorrow at 8am sharp!