Dear doctor

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how all of the "poorerSon!" Managers jump in here to try to save candidates from finding out reality. You always assume people post on this board that failed. Maybe this job is just miserable! MISERABLE it is,and noone should ever consider working here unless you are looking to get sales experience. Maybe the structure is dog shit and is designed to not pay you for your work! products are run of the mill and dentists are the worst call point i have ever called on. This place is career suicide for the short term!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how long ago was it that you were fired from Patterson?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"So how long ago was it that you were fired from Patterson?"

Sounds to me like Patterson got 'fired' after it got found out for what it is.

A bad place to be.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long did you work there before you were shit canned?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you always been a bully or was this a genuine attempt at a logical response to the above post?

Many on the board are sharing real stories and experiences (backed up with real-life examples and facts) to help others make an informed decision about the opportunity.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go get your shine box.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never had this discussion with a dentist in my territory. In fact they either order on Emagine, online or telephone. I talk to them about growth, not saving nickels and I am successful.

I don't think you are, that is why you are on here being negative.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to understand that many who work at Patterson and give it their all don't have too many other options. Talk to the ones who work their tail off and many don't have degrees and never worked in other sales jobs making more formless work, they don't understand. Then you tell them the place they worship is not the end all be all and you have attacked their very foundation. Of course they are going to be defensive.

Patterson and dental distribution is good for people who wanna work hard but don't know that with the same work ethic and a degree could make more money in other areas. Sometimes I pity some of them but applaud their strong work ethic.

It's like the allegory of the cave, they don't know any different

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude what fucking planet are you from? We're talking about a god damn job here. You go do it. You go do it a few hours a day, get paid and that's it. Why the fuck are making it like its the end all, make or break all encompassing endevour. It's a fucking job ass nugget.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Dude,

"Dude what fucking planet are you from? We're talking about a god damn job here. You go do it. You go do it a few hours a day, get paid and that's it. Why the fuck are making it like its the end all, make or break all encompassing endevour. It's a fucking job ass nugget."

You're perfect for dental distribution.

Enjoy your life, Gomer.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

months

"Patterson and dental distribution is good for people who wanna work hard but don't know that with the same work ethic and a degree could make more money in other areas. Sometimes I pity some of them but applaud their strong work ethic.

It's like the allegory of the cave, they don't know any different."

Well put

I left this clown-car brigade for real money some time ago but I sure get a kick out of seeing you girls bum kick each other over nickels and dimes and stuff no one cares about.

Keep helping those ungrate ful a s s hat dds get rich for pennies.

I cannot even stand talking to my dds 2x per year.

What a bunch of collective LOSERS.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole industry is a drag. Everyone involved in dentistry, whether you are a DDS, secretary, assistant or dental rep- make peanuts for the effort it takes to produce.

Distributor reps are happy with $80k and benefits - after expenses your making $65k...... Horrible sales income. You make as much as the dental assistants with way more stress and accountability. Hell- even the dentist don't make that great of Money. Average income is about $130k. Must be a great industry when dentist are consistanly ranked at the top for career related suicides. Patrerson reps came in a close second

You are hands down selling copiers and payroll over this

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I've never had this discussion with a dentist in my territory. "

You have never had a negotiation or addressed an area or concern with a dentist ?

WTF do yo DO all day ?

You're a L I A R.

End of story.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have a guy who was shit canned from Patterson for not performing and now blames the company for his incompetency. It's an old story that is played out and boring. Grass is always greener, the guy is making $500k-600k a year now, he worked his ass off at Patterson and made nothing, etc etc. the reality is sales is not for everyone. You perform you make money. The OP fails to say where he left Patterson to go to. Medical? pharma? The reality is both of those industries are controlled by the insurance industry. Soon Obamacare will destroy any small areas in medical sales you were able to make decent money. Pharma? Absolute worst piece of shit doctor pandering suck ass job there is. Criticize dental sales all you want, sure a territory rep job is harder than living in moms basement, but a smart guy who works and is ambitious can quickly move up to something more. You weren't able to and that's no ones fault but yours.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar.

L I A R.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 'old story' is that the liese told to the candidate in the interview process.

Once one passes the all-mighty "Valtera" and get hired, they get to spin the wheel!

Sometimes it lands on: "Congratulations! A vet left and you inherit some buying accounts which allow you to learn the business and gain some traction"

Mostly it lands on "Your Branch Manager knows its a numbers game- you're on your own", "Do the math, you have been given too few accouts to ever transition from base", "50% of your accounts are orthos/endos/in-collection", "Don't worry- just Go To The Buick", or "3-5 years from now you'll be on the growth plan- pay your own way- and therefore take home the same income".

There is no space that says "Congratulations! Welcome aboard! Success will ultimatley depend on your skills and work-ethic and you'll be supported every step of the way!"

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is how you know the OP failed and then was fired. He claims top reps make $85k "and after expenses take home $60,000". So that would mean you would have to spend about $1800 a month in gas, parking tolls and dinners and lunches for doctors. Or if you worked 20 days a month, $90 a day. I don't know anyone who spends anywhere near that kind of expense at Patterson. I guess you don't like the job and the money and if things are so much better somewhere else-leave. No career and no job is without its faults. The OP fails to realize that. I have worked for many companies. All of them are looking to pay you as little as possible, make you works much as possible and all have their share of favoritism.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You make garbage and you know it! Don't try to spice it up by performing a math equation for us. Lol. So what, too reps make 100k? Great income in 1995.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First you assume I'm a rep. Second you have no clue what anyone at Patterson makes or how expenses are paid for positions above territory reps, how Much stock is granted each year. So you go make your dream number of $100k no need to insult and make a jack ass of yourself in front of all the people working at Patterson.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know your reps make terrible money for a "medical" sales rep(medical term used lightly). Your branch managers don't make much more and you stock is garbage! All those stock shares at a whopping $41.00/ea with allow me to possibly buy a new ford focus in 2056.

The only ass(es) on this board are the folks that work here and continue to reach for that golden carrot!