Dear Mr. Weinberg why is my market share declining?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Mar 6, 2019 at 10:41 PM.

Tags: Edit
?

Should management be ashamed?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2019.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should I write my essay about my market share now or wait. It is troubling to me that you do not realize why my numbers are horrible. Harry do you remember when GlaxoSmithKline had a CV/Metabolic Team AND a Respiratory team? That was prior to Jay Schwartz and Andrew Witty's brilliant idea of Patient First. Lets have a sales organization whose bonus relies on roll plays and test taking. That is a proprietary, to quote HR when I asked how my test was scored, and idiotic plan.

Lets tell reps they are Proficient, Proficient Plus, Distinguished, or Exceptional.

It is like Oklahoma claiming to be OK--not an inspirational statement.

Fast forward, a few thousand layoffs later, and we score ourselves on integrated rating. At least 1 was the best. Not sure how to get it, again proprietary. But a four is bad. Yet, still do not talk about numbers as showing you are good at your job. A sales organization who cannot discuss sales.

Now we have a very inspirational 1-3 rating. Yet, still I cannot actually focus on my numbers.

Please enjoy my formal essay where I ballyhoo improving my reach and frequency, roll play with my manager, who, who rated me proficient when I had the same answers as my Distinguished Friend.)

Harry, we have shunned sales for years, we still shun them, you shun them unless I have to write a punitive essay.

I own my horrible numbers, they will improve. Do you at least own a sales model that does not address sales?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK has again managed to over complicate selling with yet another selling model that doesn’t work. How can you repeatedly ‘convince’ a PUD who is writing Trelegy? If results are what matters, how we get them should not. We all sell differently. How many selling models have we had throughout the years? COCO, SOB, etc., is nothing more than a verbatim. After the layoffs, we were told we were the cream of the crop. The best of the best. Yet we are beat up and demoralized by management everyday. Nothing is good enough. Now it’s our sampling that is the reason for lagging sales. Really??

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I laughed so hard at this......The Sales model woes are too funny, should be in a script.......”Hey we aren’t paid on sales” most responses “Yeah but aren’t you trying to get sales?”.....Patient First was a joke. The rating systems are a gong show of bad ideas, I think they keep changing them to keep people off balance with the constant lies that are repackaged.

Tip for my corporate viewers: You don’t need half the leaders here, They DON’T make sales calls!! You’re cutting people that can impact sales and keeping useless busy work overseers.......

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I laughed so hard at this. Just knowing that by turning you into the DOJ, we were able to cripple the sales force for years! Just eviscerating the “Greatest Salesforce” Ha ha next you’ll be ranked on what’s on your menu. Ha ha ha ha.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMAO! So true! Not sure that Mr. W is the problem. It's the system. And let's face it, whether it be Mr. W or Hornycastel or any TSM, none are leaders. All yes men and women who have no spine. How do they sleep at night knowing how much chaos and stress they give to their people?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I understand that the company needs a management team. That direction and accountability are necessary. We just do not have any real leaders. No real talent within our management structure. If we do, they appear to be afraid to lead or speak truthfully. I would love to ask our TSMs and RSD how they can lie to a reps face then go home and have a good nights sleep. My manager needs to take several showers a day in oder to get the proverbial $hit removed from themselves. No ethics or morality at all! Haven't seen it displayed in years. What a shame!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Completely agree. All GSK leaders are yes people with zero spine desperate for a paycheck, pleased to ignore reality that is clear as day in front of them.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Region needs leaders not managers. Simple as that.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mr. M and his management team should be grateful for the team of sales professions they have. Instead they treat their people like cattle. A commodity that can be pushed, whipped and threatened. Not a good way to manage. It demonstrates to me that they are the ones who lack ability. Perhaps they need to be on a performance plan? Give someone else, someone new a shot at leading a team? They ask about development, put your words into action. Wishful thinking.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not very bright. A bit slow. So can anyone help me understand our system of "Patient First"? So, we are not to be evaluated on individual sales numbers...correct? The company has made huge presentations to the DOJ and to industry leaders that this will be the approach we as an organization will take...correct? So why is there so much pressure on my individual performance? Management holds weekly recognition via email and calls out individuals by name and territory. But when it comes to compensation, they pay out on regional performance. So even if I completely blow my sales goals (again, thought we weren't supposed to have those on an individual level) threw the roof, I am not compensated for that. Now, if my individual sales goals are under performing, I am having to conduct a territory analysis. Can anyone help me with this? Mr. W, can you shed a little light on this issue? Maybe a good lawyer could objectively help the sales force understand this system?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not only do you have to perform a territory analysis if your numbers are down but you get put on a performance plan with lots of extra crap to do (that no one else has to do by the way). That is the definition of retaliation. THEN if you still don’t see improvement after a couple weeks they get rid of you. All this is done under the pretext that your Selling Ways don’t meet expectations! I don’t really know how they get away with this!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would like to understand too. Why do written documents say we can't be disciplined on sales numbers, but verbally they say we are. We get paid on regional goals but can get fired on individual goals regardless of how well we do our job. We are losing some good talent.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This type of system breeds contempt and unhealthy competition between teams. It makes ethical people do unethical things. "Thanks for making your quota for the last ten years. However your last three weeks have underperformed. Please send me your action plan on how you will turn your business around. Three more weeks like this and we may have a very uncomfortable discussion". Sound familiar? The solution? COCO!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol @ the action plan....Let me guess, you have to write out top 20 HCP, top plans, a routing list, all inservices, and some busywork document? Real creative and impactful.

Sigh, you’d be helped more having a chef judging your food choices for inservices rather than the same old tired 1979 act above.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's how GSK rolls. Just remember- someone will always be ranked at the bottom.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is for the lawyers out there. GSK has an agreement with its employees and the DOJ, no rep can be held to individual numbers. It's in writing. However, reps continue to be pressured to behave unethically in order to achieve results. Key word "unethical". Management needs to be held accountable. The truth will come out. The more you try to ignore, the more you sweep under the rug, the worse it's going to be for you. Don't say you haven't been told. "Unethical"

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK and ethics. You have to be kidding!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too many FLLs..That kiss too much a$$

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and they drink a ton of koolaid!