December 10th Call Mandatory

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Town Hall call was cancelled for that day. The original post was referencing The Capital Markets Day, which is still being held in Cambridge on the 10th. Does anyone bother reading any of PAUL Hudson’s emails or listen to what he actually said on his previous Town Hall call? He has referenced December 10th since a week or so after he started. He spelled out the questions he had and information he was gathering to put together our new strategic vision. He said back in September it would be unveiled both internally and externally on 12-10. Let’s see - they ditched everything in diabetes and CV pipeline. Strong rumors are circulating about Praluent. They straight out stated they had to determine if it even made sense to try and be competitive in the basal insulin market. Oh yeah, and our future will be oncology and rare disease. What else do you need to realize something will happen? To what extent.... I guess we wait until next week.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with the above, company future focused on Oncology and Rare disease, which is brilliant because no one else in the industry is focused in those areas (yes I'm kidding.) Hard to say what will be done with CV/Met, not much there to sell per say, they will most likely strip out ongoing investment and treat as a cash cow, the only other option is a spin out, but you have to have a pipeline to do that.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi has no pipeline to speak of. What will they do with CV and Diabetes?
    Will Sanofi ditch two sales forces while not making a lot of money do bring in some revenue. Regeneron if they take over Praluent will have to buy the product from Sanofi , then buy samples, increase marketing, put together a MC team.
    I do not think they will want to do that. It would be cheaper for Sanofi to take it over. I believe downsize sales force reps 160 to 120 cut managers , reduce resources and try to make it work in 2020 for both companies. Diabetes will be around in 2020 but after that who knows. Both CV and Diabetes are on borrowed time 2020 into 2021 maybe the end for both. Unfortunately the company has flushed down the drain opportunity after opportunity.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are reps really needed for lantus/toujeo? What do we really do in a lunch besides finding ways to badmouth our competitors' clinically superior products? Look at insurance coverage and pending legislation that will soon enable pharmacists to switch any glargine Rx to biosim/generic versions. How can any of this be sustained? Not by giving away free Soliqua, I assure you. No bueno.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it is spelled out , "rare disease and oncology". If you are not in those divisions, then you are on borrowed time.
    He has not even said a thing about vaccines? Vaccines are a low margin product , so maybe it spun off?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not trying to get political but I can see the election playing a big role in the future for all diabetes sales. insulin is always every politicians favorite punching bag during elections.

all indicators point to sanofi unloading its diabetes portfolio sooner than later. the longer they wait to sell or spin off the less it's going to be worth. we all on borrowed time, and I'm cool with that, bring on the ax baby.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi is buying Synthorx Bio Tech. Another company that will meet it’s demise after Sanofi gets his hands on It.
    No money for cost of living increases but billions for buyouts. Sounds right.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi is spending 2.5 billion on a company that focuses on cancer drugs.
    in september sanofi paid 260 million to LEAVE a deal with lexicon pharma to sell their diabetes drug.

i don't know if its subtle writings on the wall anymore coz it looks more like neon lights and graffiti. the end is near.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hudson did Synthorx a favor both in the price he paid to acquire the company and also in the fact that they no longer have to say they work for Synthorx (who the hell came up with that abomination of a name?)

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true, negligible raises for the past few years but they have billions for an unapproved product. How did the last acquisition go? they just wrote down the buy price because the product did not pan out.
    At least I know where I stand, a piece of ice slowly melting.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi has not given out real raises in decades, not just years. And that is not going change.
    Along with not changing is sanofi screwing up acquisitions. The company they bought doesn't even have anything remotely close to commercial launch. The furthest product they have is only in phase 1. This is where biotechs usually crash and burn. Whoever had stock there is laughing all the way to the bank. So good for them.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Email from Paul Hudson citing “right-sizing” of resources behind Praluent and Kevzara. The end is very near....the writing has been on the wall for a year after Sanofi disco’d all CV R&D and stated time and time again that they will be focused on rare disease/ oncology space.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

See Sanofi Reuters article. Sanofi ends all diabetes research.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bigger point is Hudson is looking for 2b Euro in savings based on elimination of DCV research and restructuring of commercial as well as "right sizing" efforts behind Kevzara and Paluent.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hudson is going to eliminate these Praluent territories doing less than 35 Trxs a week 4 years into a launch and he should do just that

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they spin off the Consumer health division so it can "grow faster". I think anything away from Sanofi would grow faster, does that mean they might look to sell Pasteur to someone else for quick cash? I mean would Merck or Pfizer consider it? Merck makes sense, but cultures seem like they would clash! Would crack me up if SP was sold off to GSK..

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For all those who doubted the mandatory call Dec 10 for CV I say I told you so maybe next time you will listen!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sanofi announces it's ending diabetes research, shares pop 5%. the only question now is will anyone actually want to buy glargine?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What happened with CV sales force? I know several people I have worked with in the past with SA and just concerned.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CV gone by the end of q1 2020