Deciphera- Stay Away

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Jan 29, 2020 at 6:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will micro managed HARD. CRM heavy. Waltham mass. All former Genentech.

one pony niche drug. Stick market likes it but this group is gritting teeth with fake smiles and it’s going to be hard core micro. They are looking for the buyout already.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Micromanaged to death. Just look at who they have hired...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea they will be looking to take from their past environments. Micro manage is the key here.
    CRM is stated every 15 seconds

price point looks to be a stock market buster.
    As well budget is under tight watch.
    Not looking to pay industry level and still working on t/e auto allowance etc

2 year stint at best

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Small biotech with equity and no desire to be around long term? Sign me up. Ill tell the computer whatever they want to hear

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Phone screens coming up. Let’s stay tuned.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck with that! Very low equity offering, not much from a base salary perspective...you'll make the same or a little more than you currently make, the car allowance is a mess, DM's are intense micromanagers along with the VP of Sales, the CEO is inexperienced with a checkered past, and the drug...let's see...another TKI with a "new" MOA for 4th line GIST - have fun competing against hospice for those 100 patients a year.

That's what every Big Pharma is looking for and more than willing to pay a huge premium for...you must be new to small oncology biotech...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea they have cent to mile car allowance. Not wanting to pay decent salaries

they loaded the internal directors and regional directors with options to leave Genentech.

payer strategy when you ask is we are working on it.

as well they mention the CRM model and how they will monitor this closely. no thanks

also how many layers of talent assistants do you need?

anyone remember Praecis? Same place and same attitude. And that became a major shit show.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay away!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You want me to leave my current job in oncology sales for a worse environment than I am in currently

no thanks. And get your car program and T/E organized before you start interviewing. Especially when you are going to MICRO ME TO DEATH on your CRM

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not feeling it with these folks

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed...They'll be able to pick off of the dying whale from the Genetech layoff, but you have to ask the question...if you are STILL at DNA, you must be either very new to oncology or a terrible rep with a bad reputation as anyone with any talent from rep to VP level has left DNA a long time ago and only the worst of the worst remain. Good luck building your team with those losers...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow stay away already? They haven't started yet....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at the front line managers and senior leadership...that’s all you need to know.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Garbage , count me out!!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's wrong with leadership? Seems like good people with a good, niche, product that some people in need could benefit from ...why so much negativity?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly someone has a history here and an axe to grind.

Sounds like a malcontent who didn’t like being held accountable for earning their pay.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NSD is good person, who else is in management?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

product will help failing last chance GIST patients. For sure will help.
    Company being driven by stock price.

When you look at so many companies like a Sage or Praecis years ago. Or even so many of these gene companies

when one gets recruited into these start ups the great thing about cafe Pharma is we can vet out do we make a career move or not.

Careers are something you have seen go tumbling over false pretenses and false bravado. Don’t take it personally.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

recruiter inappropriate comments referred to competitive company, and what current managers didn't want.

recruiters, most but not all, aren't good at screening.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

D phera

very nervous about money spent on overhead. Executives here are developmental folks. Never spent this kind of money in strangers before.
    They want ROI and they want it Yesterday