Dentsply- Good company to start out with???

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dentsply will not hire you if you can not put a sentence together. Communication is a large portion in dental sales unlike pharma where you just show your boobs.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked at Dentsply about 10 years ago. I would say it really is a GREAT first job if you are looking to break into the medical/dental supply arena. They provide pretty good training and if you do well with the company then you will not have a hard time finding a job with a higher compensation package afterward. Medical/surgical companies do hire reps from Dentsply.

If you are looking to make a career choice, then I probably wouldn't go with Dentsply. You will not make more than 75-85K. I still know several people that are sales reps with the Pro and Caulk divisions that have been there for some time now and are ready to leave because the income just isn't there. I have also heard that the company micromanages much more than they used to.

Don't listen to the people on here that say that they fire reps left and right. You have to a complete idiot to be fired from this company. Not hitting your number for a year or so, then they put you on a 3 mo PIP. If you don't meet those requirements, then you are put on a second 3 mo PIP before you are fired. I don't know of any company that gives you six months to try and get your act together. If a rep is fired without warning, then they are probably doing something seriously unethical or illegal.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know who you are but quite alot has happened in the 10 years since you've been gone. Dentsply made have once been a great company to work for (I understand Caulk was the best gig ever) but it's not the same company, and hasn't been for quite some time. The PIP plan is the single most popular method to terminate employees, both inside and sales reps. It's become so popular, ex employees should start putting on their resumes and claim attendance in the ever growing club. Dentsply has terminated lots of people, many of them long term employees over recent months. You don't need to do anything illegal or unethical to get booted. You just need to be different, have a different pointof view and you're put on a plan. Heaven forbid one of the favored people don't like you...your days are numbered.
    It may have been a great place to work in years past. But now, it's a nightmare. Look at how many open positions there are right now. And it's not because Dentsply is growing. It's because they continue to churn through employees. Check out Glassdoor.com

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no division making their number half way thru the year. more people to be let go as each division struggles to make last years number let alone any growth.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only people at Dentsply who are lifers are those in HR. They have so much to do. The work never ends. Putting people on plans, firing and hiring. It's hard to keep the revolving door well oiled and running flawlessly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fire up the photocopier performance plans are to begin july 1.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO. And you can bet they won't be color copies....gotta get managment approval to spend $$ on color copies. I wonder if they're written in pencil so that dates, objectives and names can all be updated. Saves $$$.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BIg changes coming at Pro.......again.......

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About time they get rid of Jen

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait for it...................

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

????????????????

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the winner is......................

Mark! (not)

Keith! (not)

Casey! (not)

Susan! (not)

Paul! Yes!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was he promoted to?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No promotion. He just manages to keep his job although hasn't made the sales number since he's been with Dentsply. Miracles do happen!!!! Time to cut more reps and start over again.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Dave kierce still pick up a pay check? How is he still employed?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 pro reps let go yesterday, it has begun

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who were the reps? Any Zone Mgrs departing?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Psssst.....to the 17 pro reps recently put on a plan. Plan is code for leave on your own or get fired. You have until December to decide.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bye Jen. Could Brian be next?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez, at this rate York's unemployment rate will be the worst in the country. Aside from replacing all these people, surely they're staffing up HR and Legal.