** DENTSPLY SUCKS!! - PERIOD! **

Discussion in 'Dentsply' started by Anonymous, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets just be honest. Dentsply sucks and we all know it! I am a Caulk rep in the southwest and did not hit my # last year nor will I this year either. I work my ass off, but I don't see the fruition of it. As much as I may sell, my sorry ass distributor reps (Patterson, Schein, Benco, etc.) turn around and switch business to my competitors right under my nose. What makes it even worse is that I'm well liked (supposedly) by my reps. Imagine if I wasn't?

Come on, the turnover at Dentsply and Caulk in particular is atrocious - it's a revolving door. Noone wants to stay here with the below average pay for dental, micromanaging managers and a corporate culture that is becoming more and more "pharma." How is it that with about 115 Caulk reps only around 15-20 are above 100% ??

Just look at the #1 rep in the country TWO years in a row - NO MENTION OF MOVING INTO MANAGEMENT WHATSOEVER!! What kind of company treats the two time #1 rep like that? Dentsply does!!

But since we're being honest, it is a great company to get started and split in two years to a real company - thus protecting our own asses and allowing the revolving door to continue moving. Well, time to run, gotta go create a streets & trips report of my top 150 accounts so that I can focus my time and resources better!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was an AWESOME post!!!

And it was very true...every single word of it. Sales Area #4 (The Western part of the USA) has not hit their sales goal number ever since the merging of CAULK and DPD, way back in the fall of 2005. And before that, only the CAULK side came close...The DPD side has not been close to hitting their mark for at least 6 years that I know of (and it could be a lot longer).

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One has to ask how long the decline will be allowed to continue. Size has been in his new job now for quite some time and can't seem to fix what's wrong with DPD. How long will Sales Mgmt continue to churn through people? At some point in time, one has to wonder if anyone can fix what's wrong. You can replace people over and over and over again, but one day, someone has to wake up and ask "who's running the show?"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the Area #4 Sales Director?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all know the answer to this question..............John Smith!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!! So Exciting!

I just got a $100 bonus on my paycheck for selling 20 Smartcem units - Thats $70 after taxes. And you guys bash Dentsply, such haters!!

I'm off to the Aston Martin dealership with my $70 bucks...... I love Dentsply! Great management, phenomonal compensation, highly educated RSM's who don't micro-manage; hey, with a job like this who needs a vacation in The Bahamas!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right...Next time, please be more creative when you are making up a fake name!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess you're new to this board. And new to Dentsply. John Smith is and has been the Area 4 manager for several years. His reputation is legendary. No fake names here.....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I'll bite...What is so "legendary" about John Smith's reputation?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(no comment)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top 300, Top 150, "A" Accounts, "O" Accounts, Unique interviews, blah blah blah. When will it end? Does this company have a true corporate strategy? Doesn't seem well defined...

Look at the ads in various publications such as Dental Economics, Dental Products Report, etc. Original ads designed for print media - NOT A CHANCE! Just the same old product literature that the reps have to pass out. Can you believe this - The print ads for our products are simply the front side of the collateral with no modifications?! 3M, Kerr, and even countless smaller dental manufacturers actually have advertisements designed specifically for print media. But not $2 billion dollar market-cap recently added to the S&P 500 Dentsply....

Gotta run, need to work on territory sectorization..... (very important shit!)

BTW, for our next topic, lets discuss all those blue-collar, uneducated, former service repair and dental assistants turned distributor reps (are you listening Patterson, Schein?)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patterson, Darby, Schein - yadda yadda yadda.....

Where do we start, hmm.... This will be fun!

Us at Dentsply and Kerr and 3M think you're ultimately all trash. Thats correct, you're uneducated, rude, unethical and not even close to being true professional sales people. Does the phrase "order taker" sound familiar? Thats what you all are - you stroll into a dental office, open your laptop and take orders for gloves, composite, tooth whitener, etc. Never once do you say, "You know what Dr., I know of a great new composite which doesn't set up as quick under the ambient light, this could really help out that problem you mentioned to me a few weeks back. Would you like to try a refill?"

Sound familiar - of course not!!! 'Cause you lazy fuckers don't do it!!! Nor do you return our calls in any sort of a prompt manner (even though you cry like little bitches when we don't call you as quick as you'd like!) You don't even know the difference between Kerr Premise and Caulk TPH3. Explain iNTerra to a doctor - not a chance in hell. Just call me and expect me to do a LNL and make you look like a hero for the free lunch.

Lame, soooo lame you are. Grumpy, bitter, and rude. You know what assholes, go to college (not dental assisting school or how to repair a broken handpiece university) and then call me. Oh wait, I just asked you to call me....Fuck - now I'll be waiting the rest of my pathetic Dentsply life!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patterson, Darby, Schein - yadda yadda yadda.....

Where do we start, hmm.... This will be fun!

Us at Dentsply and Kerr and 3M think you're ultimately all trash. Thats correct, you're uneducated, rude, unethical and not even close to being true professional sales people. Does the phrase "order taker" sound familiar? Thats what you all are - you stroll into a dental office, open your laptop and take orders for gloves, composite, tooth whitener, etc. Never once do you say, "You know what Dr., I know of a great new composite which doesn't set up as quick under the ambient light, this could really help out that problem you mentioned to me a few weeks back. Would you like to try a refill?"

Sound familiar - of course not!!! 'Cause you lazy fuckers don't do it!!! Nor do you return our calls in any sort of a prompt manner (even though you cry like little bitches when we don't call you as quick as you'd like!) You don't even know the difference between Kerr Premise and Caulk TPH3. Explain iNTerra to a doctor - not a chance in hell. Just call me and expect me to do a LNL and make you look like a hero for the free lunch.

Lame, soooo lame you are. Grumpy, bitter, and rude. You know what assholes, go to college (not dental assisting school or how to repair a broken handpiece university) and then call me. Oh wait, I just asked you to call me....Fuck - now I'll be waiting the rest of my pathetic Dentsply life!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes John Smith's reputation so "legendary"?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are those numbers sorted at all? Alphabetically or Sales Goal Attainment? They seem to be all over the place!

Where are the Sales Numbers for the DPD Team?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am hoping that someone is able to help me. I am a dentist that is looking for information on Dentsply's rebate/reward program. I received no help from customer service--I was transferred to customer relations and now I have been handled off to someone else. Our practice uses a lot of Caulk Dentsply products as part of our 150+K we spend in supplies each year. Surely, we would qualify for a rebate. Does anyone have a copy that they could scan and send to me? Many thanks! The icon exemplifies my frustration!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear doctor, please call John Smith...he will help you out with your rebate.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are you located?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure Mr. Size, Mr. Clark or Mr. Wise would be very interested in taking your call.

http://www.dentsply.com/default.aspx?pageid=23