DEP

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Oct 1, 2018 at 2:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m apparently not who you think I am. Like I said, the adults are talking now. You can have a seat.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s illegal for you to be writing a script on a PAs script pad and then asking them to sign it. Who gave you the script pads? Also this sounds like illegal activity. A CDE employed by Novo suggesting course of treatment with Novo medicines, writing a script out and asking a busy doctor to sign?

Time to sell my stock if Novo has become that shady

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought you were providing education, free to patients and clinicians. Now you say you make note on any issues with their current therapy, write up YOUR recommendations, fill in a script, and challenge the doctor to change whatever the patient was on previously?

First of all, all responsibility falls on the doctor. Lawyers are not coming for you. Second if you love the feeling of treating patients —and it sure sounds like you do— go back to school!! Do what you love and don’t play in a grey area. You are not supposed to be recommending therapy if you work for NNI. Why? Cuz you are only recommending novo products. Do you see how that can be construed as bias? This is just completely wrong and unethical. Wow. Huge fucking lawsuit and fines, and you let it happen. If you want to make recommendations on med changes you have to be independent of a drug company and paid by the doctor. I know it pays $35k a year and that’s why this job is so much more attractive, BUT you can’t write out scripts like you work for the hospital or an endo. This is a total conflict of interest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You got this totally wrong. As a DE at NNI we are not allowed to do any of this. She or he was referring to their old job where she worked as CDE. They do this all the time nurses and some MAs do it as well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously, I said previously! WTF? Like a CDE would take a HCP customers Rx pad and use it. We can’t even give recommendations to the providers with Novp. The point that you clearly are too stupid to get is that CDEs have influence, make recommendations, are respected. Before you go off on this statement, not ALL CDEs do this but it is common. Geez!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just throwing this out there. Been talking with several DEs in the East area that would rather be displaced, take the severance instead of being placed in the new role. Anyone else leaning this way?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am leaning that direction like the leaning tower of Pisa!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i thibk many DEs feel they are sick of all the changes, fear of losing job every year, being put down by sales, wanting to make a difference and do so much more, etc. are we sales or not? Constantly being told to not push products but we still push products and feel like we are lying to doctors. Anyway, HR said that DEs will be placed and due to that, we will not be offered severance if placed. Only if displaced. If we had to interview for the HSDE, that would be better. Now, we either get placed or we quit. Wait it out another year until layoffs happen again in 2019. Why is it that we were told DEs have the hugest ROI next to EDCS? We were told it was 3 times DCS ROI. Really? If we stay, please ET, be straight with us for once. We can promote products and do all the time. If we are under sales, let us do that. Stop telling us we are not and one side of your mouth tell us what NOT to say and the other side saying we can and should say it. It’s a form of manipulation and instilling fear of “compliance” violation that is not true. Be straight with us because most of us will be looking for another job and leave because we have no trust for NNI.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you’re new here. The true NNI way is to tell you what they think you need to hear to make you feel safe and keep you working, and then treat you like the number you really are when they want to save a few bucks. The reason you feel like you’ve gotten mixed messages is because they have no idea how to deploy the DE team (or do anything strategic at all), so they tinker around with it and then cut it in half. Give it 2 more years, and it will be gone too, just like every other pharma company. To measure the true ROI, they have to have some clue as to what they’re actually trying to do/measure with the DE team. Unfortunately, they don’t.

Luckily, Novo has pretty darn good products, although not as differentiated as they’d like to believe, so they’ll be ok despite massive strategic and cultural failures year after year. Some day, they’ll get another Jacob type in charge that actually knows what they’re doing, and you’ll see it become a better company than what it is now.

And regarding people insulting you...it’s the Hunger Games around there. People are scared and will do whatever they can to keep their job. Good luck with the all the cuts - just keep in mind that leaving Novo might be the best gift you’ll get all year.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone gotten official word from HR that if we are placed we will not have the option to leave and take the severance?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. That question was posted to ASK HR and the answer was NO. If a DE is placed they will not be offered severance if they don’t take the job.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sucks. I don’t want the job.

They have changed the rules and the marching orders every 6-12 months since program inception. Now we are changing again and my potential territory is HUGE. I will be on 1-4 overnights in any week, Dobe thousands more miles a year then I’m already driving.

No thank you Novo. I’m done with you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This does suck. So take the job and look for something better while you are employed. That happens everyday. We don’t have to laid off to find a better job! What’s the saying? The best time to find a job is when you have a job! So if it isn’t what you want if you get placed. Then start looking for a job you want!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why makes you think we haven't.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Black

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The De position is a joke. Paid on moving oral to injection? Where is the ROI for Novo when a patient goes to Basaglar and Trulicity. You are not tied to ROI. But you already know that.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's where sales comes in. To sell tresiba, oxempic, vicotza and xultophy. As a DE, we were paid to grow injectables and then sales the brand's. If more sales reps actually worked with the DEs instead of seeing them as competition we probably wouldn't be in this situation. But DCS are so self absorbed that they didn't use their DE to grow their market

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ACTUALLY....

Due to changes with how the FDA sees DE interactions with HCPs is why you guys are in this mess.

As we just learned that AZ is getting into some hot water for using their DE’s as a way to provide a “kickback” to certain offices. Look it up.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And That didn’t work so we are cutting half of you tomorrow and the other half in 12-24 months. Longer if they drag their feet.