Depuy Pinnacle Recall

Discussion in 'Depuy Mitek' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a rumor; I don't believe there is really anything to it, either. I highly doubt Pinnacle will be recalled. The Australian (I think?) registry just announced their findings on multiple studies and records of the Pinnacle cup and found it had 97% survivorship at 10 years. It's going strong.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a really good question. As far as I know there is no recall issued or in sight for the Depuy Pinnacle Cup System. Many people think that a recall is inevitable because of many similarities with the ASR defective hip implants in terms of problems caused, but a recall is not based on similarities, it is based on test and facts. I hope that the company won't be blinded by greed and will issue a recall in the moment they find out some yet unknown critical fault.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the anecdotal reports coming from De Puy surgeons that they are revising Pinnacle Marathon liners for locking mechanism failure?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are 229 MAUDE reports for January alone related to Pinnacle.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds a great exchanging of ideas here. I think you should consult a better <a href:"http://www.rotlaw.com/depuy-pinnacle"> lawyer </a> to emphasize and explain to you what you should do for this case. It is very alarming to everybody what has the new technology has been defected to human being, though it help us but in other cases their were disadvantages engaging with it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently heard rumor that Depuy is pulling the 40mm and 44mm Pinnacle liners off the market because of disassociation problems. Supposedly there was a conference call with the sales force a week or so back about the issue but I have not seen anything locally in terms of inventory being pulled or surgeons notified. Could just be rumor..... Or?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

235 reports in June for Pinnacle showing up in MAUDE

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maude specifically states that it is not to be used in the way you are trying to use it. One revision can show up several times in Maude. Pinnacle has more than 1million implanted. It has great survivorship. It's time to start selling your systems and stop trying to add doubt to the pinnacle system.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My elderly mother had a pinnacle cup hip implant that failed and ruined her life and had to have it redone. Without going into all the details, I made the mistake of contacting DePuy to give them a chance to settle with mom for a relatively low price (which doesn't undo the tragedy). DePuy stalled me for 10 months and kept asking mom to sign medical release forms over and over (3 times for the same doctor and hospital) though I learned that this was just stalling: they only requested records from the hospital the first time. And DePuy would wait each time until the release forms would expire (90 days) so that mom would have to sign these again. DePuy is evil and vicious.

Now we are having to hire an attorney. Don't try to deal directly with DePuy. That is like dealing with the devil!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hearing of more issues with the Pinnacle liner disassociations ? With so many reported in the maude data base as described here, I wonder if there is anything being done to address these issues?