Dermatology Division

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Sep 19, 2018 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone provide feedback on the dermatology division? is it a good place to work? provide some positives and negatives!

Thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Constant turnover in Dermatology. These positions are open literally every 5-6 months. They just had these same openings not even a year ago. Management are micro managers and horrible esp in Derm.

Valiant, Bausch and Laumb, Ortho Derm are the same.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You'll be selling products that are basically generics, awful coverage since Philidor is no longer in the pic.
    Drugs get switched to generics at pharmacies. Specialty pharmacies hate Valeant/Bausch and Laumb since they don't pay. Derm offices hate reps at this company. Reps come and go. Average time is less than a year. Just check out reps on LinkedIn. They either got fired or left within a year!!

District Managers are awful. They micromanage to the T and never have anything useful to say on field days. If you like Micromanagers and enjoy being told what to do every week, you'd love this company!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

other than that everything else is great! my advice: if you really need a job take it until something better comes along. if your current situation sucks or is ok stay put!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never been micromanaged this much in my life. Offices feel bad for Orthoderm reps and doctors constantly say to move onto better a company.Poor leadership in derm at all levels.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the advice. My gut feeling was confirmed by all your comments!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the other hand, you could come aboard and maybe score a quarter or two of $30K - $40K bonuses before the money runs out.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure which territory you're looking at but my goodness I get those auto emails from the job boards and I swear the same Dermatology positions from Valeant shows up levery 5-6 months in my area no lie.. I should start taking screenshots with dates on them.

What's funny is that the posts have different cities but really it's the same territory covered by the same 1-2 reps. And this is every 5-6 months. Some of the posts still have Valeant name but nost have Bausch and Laumb now. Same awful company. Good luck!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

people are making 30k a quarter? so potentially 120K in just bonuses..wow

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You'll need to be a "superstar" to score this kind of cheddar.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is definitely the rarity, not the norm. The norm is 8-14K per qtr. The average of 3ok/mth left when MP&DJ left.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been a sales rep in dermatology for a few years and thought this was safe place to be. The problem is we don't have any direction and the leadership is just terrible. We are losing money hand over fist and no one seems to know how to fix things. I wouldn't recommend coming here unless we get a change in senior leadership.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shitty sales managers bring shitty sales people. People are leaving mostly because out sales management team sucks. It's starts at the top and Bill Humphries is about as dumb as he looks.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not in the Derm division but do work here n looking to get out. The Derm reps I knew in the territory all left either before or around the Philidor mess. Any rep who stayed were probably horrible, lazy, low numbers or couldn't get another job. The top n good reps I knew all left around the time Pearson n fraudulent Philidor made headlines. Reps did good on bonuses due to the fake scripts n fraudulence from Philidor but that didn't last long. I know for a fact my friends who used to work in Derm are way happy they left. They actually can't stand Valeant and said the same about the District Managers as others mentioned here.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1000

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Andrew Left you and your cronies already did enough damage! Thanks for your little tirade! Take your phishing trip somewhere else! How's that China investigation going? You know the one about you!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me what Ortho Dermatologics relationship is with Valeant? Why are there so many names under Valeant? I'm seeing Salix Dermatology, Valeant Dermatology, Ortho Dermatologics and when I go on the website it says "Bausch & Laumb" then Ortho right under it. I also notice Ortho Dermatologics is a different link than the main website. What's the difference?? I asked the recruiter if these are the same companies and and she had no idea.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nahhh.. Andrew only exposed Valeant for what it really was. A fraud. Just a bunch of generic products wrapped up in 'branded' names. They hired Philidor pharmacy to create fake scripts, auto refill prescriptions not needed or ordered by the Docs, created fake prior authorizations and sent them to insurance companies and fooled investors. Valeant fooled everyone and faked balance sheets. List goes on and on.. FRAUD!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Andrew again, thx for your bitter tirade! ;)

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Valeant" doesn't exist anymore. It's now called "Bausch Health". Same company, different name. Ortho Derm used to be called Valeant's Derm division. They rebranded to Ortho. So, it's basically all the same products and people as before, just different names. Salix, B&L, and Ortho Derm are all separate divisions under the umbrella company called Bausch Health.