Dermatology is a joke!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Apr 18, 2019 at 6:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How come they rank the sales force the sameness way since launch??? The same names at the top. This is the most unorganized division ever.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just move to NYC...you won’t complain then!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or Texas! The joke is the 25 and 60% stretch goal. But yeah just call on OD 6-10 more and you’ll get there!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve worked in DERM for 11 years, I’ve never experienced such unrealistic and decapating goals in my life. One product in our bag and provider’s are laughing at the continued glorified messaging. New products are no where in sight and “maybe” 2022 launch. Thank the lord for my go to recruiter already lining up interviews for me. Good luck to those who remain standing in these conditions! Never again...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The delay of the JAK1 is a black box. Pfizer isn’t telling you that. You think they’re going to launch a box warning drug?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes black box is the word on the street...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed - agreed - agreed!!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, this division is not well run at all. They have no clue what to do with dermatology. It’s not for Pfizer. Thanks for the big salary and benefits.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big salary and benefits??? You must be mistaking us for another company. Worst bonus structure in the industry, everyone knows it!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laughing my ass off, biggest shit show of a company ever, this division is never going to survive, hemorrhaging money, leadership is a joke run by Willis who is the biggest joke and all his little minions with no derm experience, anyone with derm experience is either gone or looking to get the hell out. Districts with 50-60% turnover or more, wake up leadership because you have fools as district managers trying to turn derm into metrics chasing Pfizer-bots. If they could find a buyer to take the festering turd of a "drug" Eucrisa they'd probably sell it for a qtr of what they paid for it, trouble is nobody wants it and soon Pfizer won't either. No access, no scripts, no job.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed! I’ve never experienced such ridiculous comp metrics and still trying to figure out why in the world Medicaid favorable states are compared to Medicaid unfavorable states...you win the award/bonus if you reside in a Medicaid favorable state and the ranking report proves that over and over. Basically success here is based on what state you live in and not your selling ability.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AMEN! Best post EVER and I agree 10000000%. I wish there was a way for Pfizer execs to realize how sad this division is and how unhappy field force is. One and only one turn over fix, it’s simple...get rid of market share growth and stack rank crap. Make bonus potential unlim or increase cap x10 fold. Otherwise reps will continue to fall and so will the division. Pfizer is great in everything BUT Derm. Wake up!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#1 rule in dermatology, regardless of your product is BE PLEASANT and well liked by the offices. It doesn't matter if you are selling the 33rd topical cream, the 25th acne application, or the 10th IL product for rashes, if you aren't well liked by the entire staff in a dermatology office you are always going to be a loser.

#2 rule in dermatology is to be nice. don't ever fight with anyone. things will wax and wane, but the minute you have a confrontation with anyone in dermatology, your success is over. for ever.

#3 rule in dermatology is rule #1

#4 rule in dermatology is to live in a state where your product is covered by medicaid.

When in doubt, read and implement rule #1.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

spot-on!!!!

Dermatology is just different. Very pleasant culture. If you are pressing hard, or god forgive getting into arguments in dermatology, you will fail.

If you have an adversarial relationship with a doc - such as you ignore them, they ignore you, you have told them your relationship is over, they have told you the relationship is over, staff don't smile when you show up.......then you are probably a Pfizer dermatology rep.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree! I also feel it’s unfair to compare those that have good customer relationships with those that don’t. There should be separate categories for that too!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate you!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma losers! You're all walking commercials.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The new RM’s and the head of sales are tool bags. Have no clue about dermatology and the specialty. They will fail and Pfizer once again will walk away from the specialty. Mark my words. Thanks for the 3-5 year ride.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

exactly right, which make the point even more valid - you are there as a living commercial to spout 15 seconds of branding so if you are having difficultly smiling and being nice and even worse arguing with a dermatologist, you simply don't understand your job.

quit overthinking it - smile, be nice and tell them where to consider your product.

if you are angry going in and angry coming out, you might want to consider another line of work like maybe law enforcement or prison work.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10 million percent? Grow up! You, fucking, child.